Yingluck still more popular than Abhisit: survey

Lite Beer

You don't seem to understand what "generosity of spirit" means.It is this quality that Abhisit lacks and part of the reason the Thai people have consistently rejected him.

The Churchill example is relevant because it illustrates the quality that Abhisit lacks as his reaction after the astonishing electoral defeat in 1945 showed":

Churchill’s wife attempted to soften the blow by saying to him, “It may well be a blessing in disguise,” and Churchill said, “At the moment, it seems quite effectively disguised.”

His doctor said this showed ingratitude on the part of the British people. He said, “No, I wouldn’t call it that. They’ve had a very hard time.”

He told his military adjutant, “They are perfectly entitled to vote as they please – this is democracy. This is what we’ve been fighting for.”

At times your English is as crummy as mine. Surely you meant

"The Churchill example is relevant because it illustrates the quality that Abhisit lacks, as his the quality in Churchill's reaction after the astonishing electoral defeat in 1945 showed":"

So, Abhisit's reaction after the 2011 election was not of the quality you expected? You maybe thought he should have embraced Ms. Yingluck, give her a kiss on the cheek rather than his

"I congratulate Pheu Thai for its chance to lead the next government and wish Yingluck Shinawatra every success as the first female prime minister of Thailand,"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/07/03/national/Abhisit-concedes-election-defeat-30159372.html

The quality of my English is neither here nor there, and your focus on it simply demonstrates you have nothing to substance to add.

Abhisit's lack of generosity of spirit is much more than his reaction to election defeat.It is part of the character flaws that damage an otherwise able and impressive man.Voters "see" these things which is way the Thai people have no time for him.

If your sentences are crummy as the one I pointed out, you just makes it more difficult for me to try to understand what you are trying to say.

As for generosity, I guess soon you will start to tell me how well Churchill and Ms. Yingluck compare. Probably because she went on record to be willing to die for Thailand if necessary.

you've gone into full-scale trolling mode, rubl

• Like 1

Abhisit's lack of generosity of spirit is much more than his reaction to election defeat.It is part of the character flaws that damage an otherwise able and impressive man.Voters "see" these things which is way the Thai people have no time for him.

Wow, is this guy for real? While I do enjoy your replies to him, rubl, why do you waste your time on such an utterly out of touch boy?

• Like 1

I'd vote for her over Abhisit. But then I am not Thai.whistling.gif

Anyway what idiot relies on surveys to say how they are perceived by the general public in Thailand at this present moment?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

A level headed person to vote for out of the two then Abhisit is the only one that fits the bill. You as a non Thai Westerner probability, You have to have a problem somewhere to come to that decision. UNLESS your only thinking that she attracts you.

Please tell the posters her attributes/ chairpersonship/strong leader qualities/--she was not voted in by the electorate but shoved into the job by her brother---give us a break please.

Anyone that is impartial would give my answer. so forget me and the Issan voters. Who could reply to Question time the better. You have lost this one mate, apart from other members of the clan of course they will agree with you.

A level headed person would have seen that I was taking the pi#s out of the article.

So I lost the understanding/favour of a self Imposed satirical bigots diehard dogmatists rant. Well if I have only lost that then I count myself a lucky man.

Just a hint on how to reply, be a little bit more focused on what and how something may be implied. Share respect. If you can’t understand, ask a question, and you might find that people will respect your view even if it is different.

What a B##locks reply, You try to be a bit more straight forward with your twisted type replies. Just a hint for you to know how to reply.

I read what I read--we are not all bleeding mind readers. Your views are always respected ??? not sure about that.

It was a good reply. It got your attentioncheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Gingan, You seem to encounter a lot of conflict on this board? Why is that?

US style democracy at work here. The media may have fooled most of the ex-pat community, but the Thais know who are the only family to have done anything for the poor.

???? dafuq?

Who would that family be, pray tell?

There's only one family, or rather, people, this would apply to, and we can't discuss them.

• Like 1

If anything, this survey indicates an incredible opportunity for a third party, unaffiliated with either Abhisit or Yingluk / Shins to walk away with any future election. These numbers present a veritable opportunity.

There is no opportunity here. Everyone knows who will win any election by a very large margin. PTP will smash any and all opponents by a bigger margin than Thaksin flogged them in 2005. The Junta has just 12 months left to achieve what they want to achieve before they are out and Yingluck is back.

If anything, this survey indicates an incredible opportunity for a third party, unaffiliated with either Abhisit or Yingluk / Shins to walk away with any future election. These numbers present a veritable opportunity.

There is no opportunity here. Everyone knows who will win any election by a very large margin. PTP will smash any and all opponents by a bigger margin than Thaksin flogged them in 2005. The Junta has just 12 months left to achieve what they want to achieve before they are out and Yingluck is back.

Bold words. Hope you plan on holding your breath waiting for her illustrious return. clap2.gif

• Like 1

'everyone knows', now that's obvious

BTW some here keep telling me that this is not about Thaksin. So obviously this can't be about Pheu Thai either, nor about the clone. Every one knows that.

• Like 1

Bold words. Hope you plan on holding your breath waiting for her illustrious return. clap2.gif

It's almost as if we needed a lost of the most popular argumentative fallacies - "everyone knows" is one of my favorites. These guys, like LazarusRising, must have been an equal hoot during the '9/11' threads, right?

Argumentum Ad Populum - "Everybody Knows"

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?FallaciousArgument

Good list - our special friends are able to check off nearly every single one of these, at some point or another.

Very far from bold. Thaksin's side has convincingly won every election this century and until the other side learns to play by the rules, modernise themselves, put forward some proper policies and a decent leader; Thaksin will continue to win every election. I would strongly advise you, after the Thais take back their country and an elected government is in power again, not to hold your breathe waiting for another coup by ultra right wing semi fascist nut jobs because this coup is the last coup that this land will ever see, what we are witnessing is the death throes of the old order and the birth of the new.clap2.gifclap2.gif

She will never return.There is a determination to eradicate the Thaksin influence from Thai politics altogether.To this end the courts,the military and the feudal establishment have common purpose whether directly or through gangsters like Suthep.Their coordinated responses have involved criminal acts including treason but above all show a contempt for the wishes of the Thai people.

The Thaksins are therefore history but paradoxically they have also won the game.

Pol Pot was more popular than Abhisit.

No wonder your Football team is struggling near the bottom of the 1st division.

So there is a direct relation between the results of Millwall and his opinions about Abhisit ?

You keep writing nonsense, you can't help yourself apparently.

I think he must have been on a course. No one could be like that naturally!