Can anyone help translate and understand water vending machines.

Cheap Backpacker

So I have been buying water from some of these vending machines but not sure exactly the different buttons do.

First there are 3 buttons, two on the top "green and red" and a green one on the bottom.

20141215_095943_zpsmbo8wd4m.jpg

Here is a close up of a possible description of what these buttons do.

20141215_095938_zpsvq6czpmy.jpg

Is there any difference between the Blue machine and the green machine?

20141215_100346_zpsn4prl2da.jpg

To sum up my questions.

What does the top two buttons do?

What does the bottom single button do?

Is there any difference between the blue machine and the green machine?

Thank you and help is greatly appreciated.

That's good to know, I didn't know you could stop it either. I had to fill two 1.5 liter water bottle and quickly moved each one while spilling some.

I assume you just press the same button that you used to start it to stop it?

I love these water dispensers. First they must do some filtering, unlike some people saying that the water comes directly from the tap, because the water doesn't taste like sea water like drinking from the tap.

IT also beats buying 13 baht water from 711, although it doesn't taste as good as the 711 water.

That's good to know, I didn't know you could stop it either. I had to fill two 1.5 liter water bottle and quickly moved each one while spilling some.

I assume you just press the same button that you used to start it to stop it?

I love these water dispensers. First they must do some filtering, unlike some people saying that the water comes directly from the tap, because the water doesn't taste like sea water like drinking from the tap.

IT also beats buying 13 baht water from 711, although it doesn't taste as good as the 711 water.

A friend showed me the filter that came out of one of these machines in the village.....it looked like a giant turd as it hadn't been changed for months.

There is one next to the mom and pop store at my local market. I was sat there the other day, having a quiet beer, when a chap in a Coca Cola branded uniform came along and opened the machine. He emptied the cash box and took the filter out. He then went to the outside sink of the shop and took out a cleaning kit stashed there. He proceeded to scrub the filter after soaking it in some liquid and after rinsing, replaced it.

It seems like the local Coke dealer has the franchise and they do look after them.

I wonder how often they change the filters?

Good point. I lived for years in Thailand without getting diarrhea. Then suddenly I started getting it every week. I saw many doctors at many hospitals to try to find the cause, to no avail. I thought something in my body had changed. After eliminating most foods as the possible cause, I finally decided to stop drinking the water from the water machine in my building. The diarrhea stopped immediately. I then asked the staff at my condo how often they change the filter in the water machine. Their answer: Never. The money that I spent on hospital bills would have paid for the fanciest bottled water. Lesson learned.

• Like 2

hahahah.... when i was with hubby in ayutaya we went to get water from one of those machnes... he is thai, but had never used a machine for water so we both, like idiots did what nancyl did: line up bottles and start to shove htem under the water stream, then we didnt have enough bottles cause we didnt realize we could control amounts.... even took picks of both of us filling bottles during the night, in the dark, with me staving off soi dogs that noticed that im a female farang... hubby got disgusted with dealing with the machine and we just bought bottles water and that was that...