House Purchase - Transfer Funds from UK

For 2m Baht, SWIFT transfer in STERLING from a UK bank account to a Thai bank account.

Even with the SWIFT and receiving bank fees you WILL be better off overall than using a Forex company, PayPal or Western Union.

I sent £50,000 in October and believe me, I did a lot of research.

As for buying a house, you will NEVER own the land on which it is built, so be very careful how you spend your money !

PS. I have just seen your other thread, look into a USUFRUCT over the land and house.

Also, if you tell the Thai bank a large amount is coming, the Head Office CAN offer you a slightly better rate, my wife managed to get a few satang more per pound by calling SCB as advised by another forum member.

Edited by The Fat Controller

For 2m Baht, SWIFT transfer in STERLING from a UK bank account to a Thai bank account.

Even with the SWIFT and receiving bank fees you WILL be better off overall than using a Forex company, PayPal or Western Union.

As for buying a house, you will NEVER own the land on which it is built, so be very careful how you spend your money !

PS. I have just seen your other thread, look into a USUFRUCT over the land and house.

Also, if you tell the Thai bank a large amount is coming, the Head Office CAN offer you a slightly better rate, my wife managed to get a few satang more per pound by calling SCB as advised by another forum member.

Can you please tell us which Forex company. I always thought PayPal/Western Union were expensive. I am transferring 50,000 pounds as well soon so each satang counts.

Can you please tell us which Forex company. I always thought PayPal/Western Union were expensive. I am transferring 50,000 pounds as well soon so each satang counts.

He said DON'T use a forex company, make a SWIFT transfer via your bank.

Sophon

He said DON'T use a forex company, make a SWIFT transfer via your bank.

Sophon

Sorry i misread his original post.