What's Your Favorite Island/Beach Getaway?

eldragon

I'm sure as hell not going to tell you because the best thing about ' my beach' is that hardly anybody goes there.

Not replying accomplishes the same without as much effort. Seems that these type replies are much like a child hidding their favorite toy only to find the other kids have the same one. Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

I'm sure as hell not going to tell you because the best thing about ' my beach' is that hardly anybody goes there.

Is this a post to show superiority or because you want to help the OP?

Well it was a feeble effort to make a joke. If anyone did work out where it is I would tell them not to go, the place is rubbish.

There are so few places in Thailand that aren't infected with surly beach vendors, naughty women, rubbish and broken bottles, that anyone that has had the luck to discover a nice place isn't going to tell everyone on Thaivisa, are they?

Well it was a feeble effort to make a joke. If anyone did work out where it is I would tell them not to go, the place is rubbish.

There are so few places in Thailand that aren't infected with surly beach vendors, naughty women, rubbish and broken bottles, that anyone that has had the luck to discover a nice place isn't going to tell everyone on Thaivisa, are they?

It is difficult to speak for the "anyone" or the "they". It may be best to let them speak for themselves IMO.

It is difficult to speak for the "anyone" or the "they". It may be best to let them speak for themselves IMO.

You're looking for a fight, aren't you?

Bali no question. It's the best I've been to in Asia and I've been to many of the name destinations. After Maui, it's the most beautiful tropical island I've been to.

Ever been to Tahiti???

Nope...is it nicer than Maui or Bali? Also, I wouldn't consider Tahiti (or anywhere in Polynesia) to be in Asia.

Baan Krut which is south of Prachuap Kiri Khan and north of Chumpon... It's easily the most beautiful and quiet beach resort in Thailand that I know of.... it's immaculately clean, with good cheap hotels and good restaurants.... Google image Baan Krut.

The coast along that region is beautiful. However, I would recommend a car or a motorbike if you want to explore the area. It's also perfect for cycling for leisure as it's pretty flat.

Though if you want fun... as in evening entertainment.... don't bother as it's not that kind of place.

• Like 1

Bali no question. It's the best I've been to in Asia and I've been to many of the name destinations. After Maui, it's the most beautiful tropical island I've been to.

Ever been to Tahiti???

Nope...is it nicer than Maui or Bali? Also, I wouldn't consider Tahiti (or anywhere in Polynesia) to be in Asia.

Anyway, the OP did not say Asia.

Baan Krut which is south of Prachuap Kiri Khan and north of Chumpon... It's easily the most beautiful and quiet beach resort in Thailand that I know of.... it's immaculately clean, with good cheap hotels and good restaurants.... Google image Baan Krut.

The coast along that region is beautiful. However, I would recommend a car or a motorbike if you want to explore the area. It's also perfect for cycling for leisure as it's pretty flat.

Though if you want fun... as in evening entertainment.... don't bother as it's not that kind of place.

Certainly beautiful, great well priced seafood, but that's about it.

Ban Krut is horrible. Agressive locals, disgusting overpriced food, beach that looks like a garbage dump and scams all around. Please avoid this place at all cost.

I'll be heading there for the umptiest time next weekend and would like it to stay as quiet as it is! Keep it the hidden gem it is.

Ban Krut is horrible. Agressive locals, disgusting overpriced food, beach that looks like a garbage dump and scams all around. Please avoid this place at all cost.

I'll be heading there for the umptiest time next weekend and would like it to stay as quiet as it is! Keep it the hidden gem it is.

Don't worry, we won't all be running down to such a isolated and boring place. You're welcome to it.

Yes Koh Chang for sure, you got the beaches from lively to lonely, you got scenes from charter turist to backpack, simply you got it all so you never need to go again

Koh Chang for sure, can still get whole beaches to yourself, but still plenty to see and do

Don't worry, we won't all be running down to such a isolated and boring place. You're welcome to it.

There is the rub....the paradise places have nothing but sand sea and great seafood......bliss!

• Like 1

Baan Krut and Ao Manao added to my "to do list"

Its seems to me that the coastlines of Thailand must be filled with deserted paradise beaches.

I mean, the international tourist spots are just tiny little spots on the map in comparison (Samui, Patong, Krabi, Pattaya etc etc). And then the local tourist spots, even smaller (Hua Hin, Cha Am).

I don't get it when people say, "Thailand has no more paradise beaches left..they are all polluted and corrupted.."

Am i missing something here? Are the rest all taken up by the Navy and heavy industry, or something? Or have we never driven down the coast and stopped at places?

Its seems to me that the coastlines of Thailand must be filled with deserted paradise beaches.

I mean, the international tourist spots are just tiny little spots on the map in comparison (Samui, Patong, Krabi, Pattaya etc etc). And then the local tourist spots, even smaller (Hua Hin, Cha Am).

I don't get it when people say, "Thailand has no more paradise beaches left..they are all polluted and corrupted.."

Am i missing something here? Are the rest all taken up by the Navy and heavy industry, or something? Or have we never driven down the coast and stopped at places?

Believe me that any "paradise" beaches you might find will certainly have a karaoke joint just down a ways and will be blasting music all nite long...along with out of tune Thais caterwauling along to it. Thais can't stand quiet...it makes them nervous and of course the noise keeps those ghosts away. But good luck in your quest.

Believe me that any "paradise" beaches you might find will certainly have a karaoke joint just down a ways and will be blasting music all nite long...along with out of tune Thais caterwauling along to it. Thais can't stand quiet...it makes them nervous and of course the noise keeps those ghosts away. But good luck in your quest.

If Pattaya and its 'exciting' plastic fantastic nightlife is the real Thailand for you, then you could be right. However, there are hundreds of deserted beaches to be found starting south of Huan Hin. Very relaxing and perfect for some romance time with the woman of your dreams. But you find that boring apparently. Thailand is still one of the most beautiful places on earth, if you're willing and able to see it.

Edited by SoilSpoil

It all depends in what mood your in mate... Koh Tao is absolutely to DIE for with lots of life Horror Scenes playing uninterrupted ..... and Pattaya is full of exciting Balcony Jumping activities and even the proud producers of it's very own life Wild West scenes with life ammo..... also uninterrupted. Front row seat tickets now available "on the house" from your local BIB office.....

So take your pick.... Oh and don't forget the popcorn and winegums......cheesy.gifclap2.giftongue.png

Sure, i expect so. They are everywhere. Just last night i was driving back from Mukdhahan to Ubon and i was mezmerized by the number of sing a song brothels there were on the deserted roads. I had never been out that late.

But during the daytime you can enjoy the paradise beach and then at night drink on your balcony, rather than on the beach.thumbsup.gif

If Pattaya and its 'exciting' plastic fantastic nightlife is the real Thailand for you, then you could be right. However, there are hundreds of deserted beaches to be found starting south of Huan Hin. Very relaxing and perfect for some romance time with the woman of your dreams. But you find that boring apparently. Thailand is still one of the most beautiful places on earth, if you're willing and able to see it.

If you say so.

I totally agree with Bali. All my Thai friends get angry when I tell them that Bali is so much more enjoyable than Thailand beaches. Of course,Bali has the touristy area around Kuta beach but there are quieter and less tourist areas around Bali which are easy to find. Even in the heavy tourist areas, there is Bluebird taxi who uses meter - so you don't have the same prblem as Phuket/Koh Samui mafia taxis/transport.

Also after living in Thailand for 8 years - it's nice to get a cultural breather every now ad again. If the beaches get boring - a ride up to UBUD and the rice fields and nature can re-energize the spirit.

• Like 1

I totally agree with Bali. All my Thai friends get angry when I tell them that Bali is so much more enjoyable than Thailand beaches. Of course,Bali has the touristy area around Kuta beach but there are quieter and less tourist areas around Bali which are easy to find. Even in the heavy tourist areas, there is Bluebird taxi who uses meter - so you don't have the same prblem as Phuket/Koh Samui mafia taxis/transport.

Also after living in Thailand for 8 years - it's nice to get a cultural breather every now ad again. If the beaches get boring - a ride up to UBUD and the rice fields and nature can re-energize the spirit.

Yep, you hit all the high points. In Kuta you've got the honky-tonk of Pattaya and Phuket's Patong, in Nusa Dua and Seminyak you have the chic atmosphere of some parts of Samui and The Cape Panwa and Surin beach areas of Phuket. The laid back parts of Sanur Beach are similar to Ko Tao, Ko Chang, or Lamai in Ko Samui.

In The highlands of Ubud, you have the culture and arts and crafts found in Chiang Mai and the beautiful green rice fields one can see in central Thailand. The Hindu temples scattered throughout the island are just as interesting and charming as the best Thai temples.

In addition, Bali has something I've not seen in Thailand...a really long AND wide sandy beach. The main beach in Kuta is such a beach...with wave action so one can surf if you want. In addition, he scuba diving found at dozens of sites scattered around Bali is far superior to even Thailand's best sites in the Similan and richlue islands.

All is and more is found in a relatively compact island, which one would have to tour around for days to see the same in Thailand.

• Like 2

Ever been to Tahiti???

Give me Wonsan any day of the week...

I am thinking some folks have rather large expectations regarding beaches.

We just spent the weekend at Koh Larn, and it was to me a wonderful experience.

Granted the three hour bus ride to get to the piers in Pattaya was a bit enervating, but the boat ride over was refreshing after living in the AZ desert these past ten years.

We stayed at Q Thong Bungalows, which was adequate and entirely charming. The landlady is friendly and voluble, and was a great

help with directions. All the staff were most pleasant to us.

Beaches? I lost count, honestly. We may have visited every one on the island. Ma chere amie has some mysterious to me decision

making process, which so far has always returned positive result, or at least some good exercise via U-turns and back tracking.

A couple of the areas were disappointingly trashy, but so are many of the US beaches I have encountered.

Clear water and fine coral sand, and finally encountered a few monkeys. smile.png