Government wants lese majeste offenders to be sent home to face justice

Lite Beer

Do countries extradite for offenses that are not against the law in that country?

no.

The 'NCPO' tried to get the UK to extradite Rose earlier this year.

No chance.

Maybe someone should tell him.

he knows.

it's posturing for others.

well, ok, there remains a very good chance that he's dead serious about it. It's not a new character flaw for the 'PM'. He's been a rabid LM chaser for a while.

That could qualify him as an idi... ah, never mind.

I guess some countries in the West are getting to be more supportive if the "tend to spread rumours in the social media in a way which cause disunity in the country" can be formulated more forceful. The NSA is just looking for such people and the GCHQ isn't only interested in paedophiles.

I would suggest that social media posts which may breach Thai Lese Majeste laws are a very very long way down the list of things which interest NSA or GCHQ, if they feature on it at all!

• Like 1

I don't follow Politics much.

But I do know that the Army has taken control

Talking with Thai friends, they generally comment that the General is doing a good job.

But this does not seem to be 'low hanging' fruit, not a priority policy.

Edited by Schmackos

truth is subversive....

and a threat to national security... coffee1.gif

next on the plan is label them as terrorists.

that would follow their typical MO, wouldn't it...
But dear leader has said in another thread that there is no terror links to Thailand. Calling them terrorists would mean he is wroòoooooooong.
  • Like 1

Prayut promises fair trial for people who break security laws
The Nation

30250020-01_big.jpg
Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha holds a press conference after the meeting between the National Council for Peace and Order and the Cabinet at Government House yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who also oversees the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), has instructed relevant security agencies to use appropriate channels to prosecute people who violate the security law, junta spokesman Colonel Winthai Suvari said yesterday.

Winthai said that after a meeting between the Cabinet and the NCPO, Prayut said violators of security laws, living both in Thailand and overseas, would be given a fair chance to prove their innocence and fight through the judicial process.

The prime minister acknowledged also that not many people understand the situation and that an appropriate channel is necessary to ensure there are no negative feelings, especially among university students.

Prayut has instructed state agencies engaged in procurement and construction projects to ensure there is no bribery and corruption so the public can have trust in the government's work.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-promises-fair-trial-for-people-who-break-se-30250020.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-17

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Let's try to create a Thai Mossad and to execute the guilty guys in the western countries. I'd like to see that.

I believe i read about such a group in China attacking and harrassing lese majeste violators. Not exactly like Mossad but close

Tossad perhaps ?

• Like 2

Shortsightedness born of insecurity over his and his so called govt's position.

The PM, like others before him, doesn't seem in the least bit concerned about fugitives who have fled the country to avoid VERY serious criminal charges.

The ability to leg it to avoid justice will continue to exist as long as authorities get cheap publicity by telegraphing their intended moves in any investigation coupled with the suspicion that in some cases the ' publicity ' is a deliberate nod to suspects to take an overseas trip.

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Prayut promises fair trial for people who break security laws
The Nation

30250020-01_big.jpg
Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha holds a press conference after the meeting between the National Council for Peace and Order and the Cabinet at Government House yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who also oversees the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), has instructed relevant security agencies to use appropriate channels to prosecute people who violate the security law, junta spokesman Colonel Winthai Suvari said yesterday.

Winthai said that after a meeting between the Cabinet and the NCPO, Prayut said violators of security laws, living both in Thailand and overseas, would be given a fair chance to prove their innocence and fight through the judicial process.

The prime minister acknowledged also that not many people understand the situation and that an appropriate channel is necessary to ensure there are no negative feelings, especially among university students.

Prayut has instructed state agencies engaged in procurement and construction projects to ensure there is no bribery and corruption so the public can have trust in the government's work.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-promises-fair-trial-for-people-who-break-se-30250020.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-17

I notice he was wearing some very neutral colours for the announcement

Things are going down hill I'm afraid even though this won't affect my life out here in Isaan. I am becoming worried about what is going on, I was a supporter of the guy

I have pointed out numerous times the disproportionate amount of posters who supported the coup being retirees in Issan. The thinking being their pension still rolls in once a month so little risk for them, and the opposite of what the locals believe must match them as they are so different than them.

Good to see at least one finally waking up to what this is all about. We really are down tom a hardcore of about 5 trolls who still support this dire situation thumbsup.gif

Nice condescending reply there, not quite an insult but almost. Have you forgotten what things were like before 22 May? The country was becoming an anarchy. That's why many of us supported the coup and directly or indirectly, its leader. And what's this about a hard core of 5 people still holding out? There are certainly more than that. I am still reserving judgement, I don't judge the Prime Minister on the actions of some of his former subordinates. Myself I haven't written anything about the coup for a long time. You are also mistaken in thinking that retirees have nothing to worry about, visa regulations are getting more complicated all the time, and remarks about Farangs on the political scene are not exactly encouraging.

• Like 1

The last thing you do when arriving for the first time in a foreign country is talk disrespectful of their monarchy, government, religion, it's common sense. Everyone knows, relax.

Some years ago a Swiss man painted a moustache on the portrait of the Thai King on a street in Chiang Mai. He was angry that there was no alcohol for sale at the Kings birthday. He got arrested and kicked out of Thailand as persona non grata. He owned a condo as well.

So lese majeste is the most extreme form of offending the King and i can understand the fact the Thai want to have them prosecuted whereever they are hiding now.

Lese majeste is a very serious crime in Thailand so i can totally understand it if they want to have them sent back to Thailand for prosecution.

PM, there are more urgent and important issues for you to devote your attention.

I have faith in you, please don't let me down.

You are right and your tollerance may be a little misplaced. Your country created the modern age. What you are seeing is frightened govnernment holding on to a system that does not work . It is now making outlandish requests with regards to extradition. This combined with Junta's propaganda radio programs are very worrisome.

• Like 2