You very fat!

Bill Miller

Um, well....
My response was "I will admit to fat, but not very fat". No sale.
Okay, the real reason for this post is where does one go to find US sized XXL shirts here in BKK, or perhaps an Asian XXXL?
So far the Thai models so marked are a scant size large, IMO.
I did find some 42 waist shorts which fit fine ..... where are the shirts for the chronically barrel chested?

Get them made....I wear 2 or 3 x with a thinner waist than you....went and selected fabric and had 14 shirts made in the Thai style collars.....great results.....the off the rack choices here leave a lot to be

desired along with the iffy sizing and materials

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

I am perfectly okay with it, because I AM fat. It was a humorous, I thought, introduction to the subject of needing larger clothes than generally offered in Thailand.
I also at six feet stand considerably taller than the average around here.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Obviously the definition of "fat" and "very fat" is open to intepretation. Seeing that OP is most likely a farang and you know they really balloon to epic proportions well you really have to take it with a pinch of salt when they say they are not very fat but just simply fat. Taking up the entire asle space in a supermarket is definitely not only very fat but super fat and they aren't even the fattest you know how many farang cannot even walk on their own feet and are home bound stuck in their beds unable to even move but still manage to remain alive because someone is feeding them.

I have already read some of the posts here in which they try to show case their superiority via body size like a taller height but at the same time try to downplay the negative downside of being "bigger" as in being fatter. It's such a laugh riot. Yeah farang in general are larger in size compared to thais/asians both male and female. Fine. Yet at the same time they have hang ups when they get called very fat. Of course you are very fat to a thai if the country/race of your people are on average larger than the people of thailand. It's just the choice of words used. Supposed it's very tall. Nope no hang ups about that at all. In fact call the thais very short. Yup no problems with that. Then when it comes to fatness get offended when gets told he/she is very fat. rolleyes.gif

It's a fact that on average a fat thai is still much slimmer than a fat farang. cheesy.gif opps now watched the butt hurt responses.

• Like 1

Yes, you're right, 'oo-un mahk' means fat as in 'obese'.

But you should be aware that the word 'oo-un' used alone can have a positive connotation implying health and prosperity.

If you haven't seen someone for a while and they say you're looking 'oo-un', then it's a complement.

Cai Shen the Chinese God of Wealth - widely venerated in Thailand - is always fat, and the Thais call a big belly a 'tong settee' - a rich man's belly.

• Like 1

Butt hurt? Not really.

So refreshing to know that rude trolls exist everywhere, even in Thailand, and are so full of their own cleverness.

Neither lanng khao nor ultimate weapon know a thing about me, beyond my self admitted status of "fat", yet feel comfortable making derogatory

comments and judgments.

Not quite what I expected here.

Let me say I would far rather be very fat than rude, juvenile, and disrespectful, in fact a veritable little racist twit in the one instance, judging from the disparaging usage of Farang.

Well said. You're lucky that the rest of the usual offensive clowns haven't joined in but give them time. Then just ignore them completely, that takes the wind out of their sails.

• Like 1

Was riding the skytrain with wifey (a slim size 8 or 10 max) when the katoey sitting next to her struck up a conversation, he liked her dress as well he might, London, designer, expensive. Conversation in Thai concluding with him handing her a business card as he got off and her jaw dropping. She turned to me with a look of amazement on face, held out the business card and told me had just opened up a fashion shop and he had her size in stock which was according to him......"Junior Jumbo" biggrin.png

Think with all things being relative you got away lightly with simply being called very fat ! When my daughter goes back her cousins are asking in minutes why she is so fat, they don't get why she can't sail, row, kayak and rock climb as she does and still look like a stick insect as they are.!

Actually large male farangs like yourself can find plenty of stuff to fit you in places like MBK, for fashion conscious females wandering around the likes of Platinum mall life can be extremely distressing sad.png

• Like 1

Most of the stores where I buy shirts have XXL in stock. That includes MBK, Central Department Store in Chidlom and a few stores in the Indra Regent Shopping Mall. If you're looking for polo shirts, I can refer you to a store at Indra that sells good quality ones at a good price. Be careful of the shirts on MBK's fifth floor. The quality of the cloth may not be very good. They might shrink and their appearance might deteriorate after just a few washings.

• Like 1

Butt hurt? Not really.

So refreshing to know that rude trolls exist everywhere, even in Thailand, and are so full of their own cleverness.

Neither lanng khao nor ultimate weapon know a thing about me, beyond my self admitted status of "fat", yet feel comfortable making derogatory

comments and judgments.

Let me say I would far rather be very fat than rude, juvenile, and disrespectful, in fact a veritable little racist twit in the one instance, judging from the disparaging usage of Farang.

so sorry Ben, I was under the impression salad Dodgers had a sense oh humour.chin up...
  • Like 2

Sorry, lanng khao... on re-reading your remark WAS humorous, but it caught me after reading "ultimate weapon's" crass and offensive production, so I was primed to take offense.
Why Ben? I have a FB acquaintance who also calls me Ben, and no notion why. I don't mind, just wondering what the reason is. wai.gif

I didn't realize I did, maybe it's like Bill and Ben the flower pot men you remember them?, not that they were carrying a bit of timber, iv got nothing against people who are over weight, my ex wife was that big I'd roll over twice and was still on top of her, maybe it's time you lost a few pounds , it's not hard in fact it's a piece of cake, sorry wrong words, seriously though, you sound Like a big unit, and a bit of exercise won't go a miss, so instead of going to Jim's cafe, just go the gym...good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks, laang.... been losing pretty steadily. Doing a few "push aways" at the table, and "walk, walk, walk". Down to 113 kilos

from a high of 121 a few months ago, and once a number of years ago 140 kilos. Yes, that was definitely "very fat" territory.

100 is my near term goal ... a nice even number smile.png

• Like 1

Butt hurt? Not really.

comments and judgments.

Thais are very short no? Very small? Would you call them that? Yup no problem with that so i suppose they can reply in the same exact manner you have posted.

Was riding the skytrain with wifey (a slim size 8 or 10 max) when the katoey sitting next to her struck up a conversation, he liked her dress as well he might, London, designer, expensive. Conversation in Thai concluding with him handing her a business card as he got off and her jaw dropping. She turned to me with a look of amazement on face, held out the business card and told me had just opened up a fashion shop and he had her size in stock which was according to him......"Junior Jumbo" biggrin.png

Think with all things being relative you got away lightly with simply being called very fat ! When my daughter goes back her cousins are asking in minutes why she is so fat, they don't get why she can't sail, row, kayak and rock climb as she does and still look like a stick insect as they are.!

Actually large male farangs like yourself can find plenty of stuff to fit you in places like MBK, for fashion conscious females wandering around the likes of Platinum mall life can be extremely distressing sad.png

At the end of the day it's all perception. To both you and your wife you consider her size 8 or 10 a slim size yet to that katoey (yup a degradatory term just like farang but it's ok to use katoey.rolleyes.gif )

An 8 or a 10 is junior jumbo. It's all just perception.

I suppose your wife will be starting some thread in a thai forum complaining how she was called "jumbo" even though she's in reality pretty slim but yet at the same time totally ignoring whose perception it is. There are females out there that are say 5'8 upwards who someone might call short but yet in asia she would be considered tall that's the whole point whoose perception in which the op doesn't get at all. He hasn't stated his own weight and his waist size and it's easy to see why because he obviously isn't just simply "fat". In farang countries their definition of fat just goes beyond anything else that is considered fat. obese in other countries. They have people that cannot even stand on their own 2 feet and require say a motorized scooter to even move and they aren't the biggest. There are people so fat they cannot even get out of their houses because their body cannot get thru the doorway. Obviously if that is how their fattest are someone that can stand on his own 2 feet and walk around even with a bulging belly would just be fat or maybe not even fat at all but in reality that's very fat.

You see OP's post says it all

Okay, the real reason for this post is where does one go to find US sized XXL shirts here in BKK, or perhaps an Asian XXXL?
So far the Thai models so marked are a scant size large, IMO.
I did find some 42 waist shorts which fit fine ..... where are the shirts for the chronically barrel chested?

A US XXL is an asian XXXL so it's an additional X for asian sizes. He doesn't say he's just barrel chested BUT chronically barrel chested. 42 inch waist shorts are huge because most men with slim waists wear shorts around the lower 30 to mid 30s region. His post itself already says he's very fat especially to the thai people damn that's very fat.

Thanks, laang.... been losing pretty steadily. Doing a few "push aways" at the table, and "walk, walk, walk". Down to 113 kilos

from a high of 121 a few months ago, and once a number of years ago 140 kilos. Yes, that was definitely "very fat" territory.

100 is my near term goal ... a nice even number smile.png

I am a 34 inch waist, 44 inch chest, go the gym, 3 times a week, 53 yrs of age and got the body of a 25 year old, dedication son that's all you need, oh and a 25 yr old wife..
  • Like 1

I really feel very sorry for you, "Ultimate Weapon", that your life is so limited in scope by your rage and hatred.

In accordance with the dharma to cultivate compassion, I will pray for you receive some enlightenment and relief from the

suffering that makes you so pitiable.

"I am a 34 inch waist, 44 inch chest, go the gym, 3 times a week, 53 yrs of age and got the body of a 25 year old, dedication son that's all you need, oh and a 25 yr old wife.."

Lol! I do have a few years on ya, "son", but I do dig what you say. Dedication has brought me back a ways from dead on an operating table, and I fully intend to make use of the twenty year warranty given me by the surgeon.

Yep, I mostly did it to myself, particularly by forty years of smoking. In my younger days I ran 10 to 15 miles every week, climbed mountains, swam, biked, skied, etc., then let it all go to hell in a very short time. I relate this primarily as a cautionary tale, in hopes someone headed in the same direction might save themselves a bunch of pain and aggravation.

It still hurts daily where they used something remarkably like a Skill saw to cut through my sternum, and they re-fractured a couple of ribs that had not completely healed after a fall off of a running horse, because they spread 'em pretty wide to get at your heart. Those do a lot of aching, too.

The worst part is knowing it was mostly because of my own neglect. It is much harder to regain condition than to maintain it, guys.