ninja 300 problem w radiator..

skilled

so yesterday there was a huge leak of coolant on my ninja 300,

took it to the dealer ( KAWASAKI RAMA 9) , they said the changed the radiator fan and the motorcycle was smooth again.

this morning the throttle feels heavy (again as in before the radiator thing happened).

Now i am wondering if its really the radiator ( the bike only has 5k on it ) .

what should i do?

im starting to believe i got a defective one and they are just trying to kill time until my warranty expires or something ( the bike only has 3-4 months use its new ) , im really pissed at this .

Hi

I think your going to need to be more descriptive/specific if you want help.

I am not familiar with Kawasaki Rama 9 but I have only ever heard pretty good things about

Kawasaki service/reputation here in Thailand

There is one member on this board...I forget who...whose bike a Versys I think....his bike was beyond warranty when

it threw a rod or something & totaled the motor. Kawasaki installed a new motor even though he was beyond warranty

So I would be surprised if it is as you think...meaning they know there is a problem & are waiting out your

warranty to stick it to you.They have a reputation to protect & if they knew of a problem it would behoove them to fix it.

Try to calm down & be specific...You cannot just say you think it ran better before

You need to give the mechanic same as a doctor something to go on. Specific Symptoms.......

Good Luck

Edited by mania

Also , i am sure it ran better before it was loose and more sensitive .

i think i will take it to kawasaki in ramkhaenheang to check . al this time i been taking it to rama 9.

im sorry i cannot be more specific because im new to all the motorcycle mechanics and that .

thanks for your reply mate

@Mania I think it was Nikster you're talking about, yup, got a complete new engine after warranty expired.

@OP, I'm not sure what the issue is from what you say or if there's even an issue, maybe it's all in your head? Or maybe you got a lemon?

I also have a Ninja 300 and I rode it like I stole it right out the dealer, did a first oil change at 500KM, then at a 1000km as per maintenance manual, then again at 3000 and at 6000 as per manual. From now on will be following manual's oil change intervals and all other recommended maintenance.

I have ZERO problems with the bike and I can bet it goes faster now than before, I gave it a proper break in!

If you like I can take your bike for a quick spin next time I'm in BKK, to give you a comparison if it feels any different from my bike.

Edited by Shurup
  • Like 1

There is really no right answer regarding the proper break in, some people recommend following the manufacturer recommendations for break in, which say not to use the bike very hard for the first 1000 (???) km or so, no to rev the engine very high and try to vary the engine load and shift gears more frequently. Others (like myself) believe the proper way to break in is to use the bike from the very beginning as you would normally use it, but do the first oil change a lot earlier (100 - 500 km) than recommended 1000 km.

If you're the type of guy that followed the manual, you should'd have to worry about screwing things up on your bike.

I wouldn't worry too much, I had a problem with my fan too. Kawa fixed it and I've had no problems since. Saying that I had no coolant leak.

If the bike feels a bit sluggish then check your tyre pressures. I generally keep them at 30 front 33 rear.

What fuel are you puting in it?

Another thing to look at is your chain. If it has stretched a little the bike wont feel quite as tight as when you bought it. I'm betting it's the chain. I know you had your tyres changed and I bet the boys at Pirelli set the chain tension incorrectly. This happened to me too.

Take it to Kawa Ramkamheng or I prefer Motoholic (kawa in Taksin rd) Explain to them what you think and they will take it for a ride.

Bottom line, rather than ask us about possible problems that are pretty vague, just take it to Kawa. They are not trying to do you over and will help you if they can...for free!

While in there checking chain and tire pressures (I'd buy a pressure gauge and check it myself - handy little tool to have), tell them to check the air filter too. They may or may not check it during your oil change visits, it maybe completely plugged or even possibly missing therefore affecting the engine performance - TIT.

It made me suspicious that they didnt tell me what was the problem with the motorcycle and i also had to insist them to get the bike fixed for free due to the warranty that made me think bad about them

That's why I like Kawa motoholic. The workshop is open on a Sunday whereas none of the others are (I've never understood this about Thailand) There's like 2-3 mechanics free and as soon as you roll up they are on it. At the end when you ask how much, the answer is always 'free'.(for me at least, providing there's no new parts)

Everywhere else is just we can fit you in next Tuesday etc.

That is nice to know, i read on the website the Kawa motoholic is near wongiang yai bts right? What time it opens? Could you also please tell me any references to get there?

Open all day I think as I've been there at 3-4pm.

From Sathorn rd go over Saphan Taksin (Taksin Bridge) after about 500 metres or so there are signs for taksin rd (basically the first major left turn) turn left there and it's about 1km or less on the the left side of the road. (the showroom is on the right side) It's pretty easy to find.

Google maps is your friend, use it and use google street view, then you'll have gone there already(at least on your computer)

Edited by macknife
  • Like 1

Just take your bike in to Kawi. They will sort it out . With that low of kilo's they are on the hook on that warranty anyway. Kawi twice in Pattaya has fixed things not even close to a warranty for free. That & I keep the wheels greased but they should not have a problem at all. The dealerships get reimbersed by the Manufacturer always so they don't care on warranty work at the dealership. I would be surprised if they didn't fix it & make you happy. Especially a radiator leak would be rather difficult for a rider to cause. One good thing is if the engine does have problems due to the radiator leaking they would be apt to fix it after the warrenty. I know Bangkok & Pattaya try pretty hard to make people happy- They are enjoying a pretty decent job & like to keep it.

• Like 1