2015 Honda PCX vs. Yamaha Nouvo Elegance

Pinot

Good video.

I enjoyed the dead silence of your text narration, funny.

wonder what made the fuel pump go bad.

Are a lot of dirty gas nozzles getting in your tanks.

I think the only place a Nouvo would be considered above a PCX is in BKK where traffic is tight.

Anywhere else is not a remote comparison.

Yamaha needs to revamp their larger scooter offering; they can't be selling many.

Even their Grand Filano might be considered a better bike since it costs a lot less, gets better mileage, has massive storage space, and looks like a Vespa.

The Grand Filano has a cool flip up gas filler cap under the left handlebar so no need to stoop down or open the seat and the fuel tank is under the feet but still has a flat foot deck.

Every scooter should be designed this way.

It's only drawback for me are the fat 12" wheels; I prefer the tall & thin wheels.

Hope Yamaha gets the Nouvo back in the game again soon.

The Forza 125 is actually the bike I anticipate most, but we don't even know if it will be sold here.

Living in Bangkok, if I was in the market for a new scooter then I would get the new Nouvo. I think it's easily the best small scooter. The PCX is better for sure but at near 20,000B more it should be. In heavy Bangkok traffic though, I'd take the Nouvo.

The new PCX looks very refined. Pretty disappointing to have the fuel pump go on such a new bike though. I have a 2006 Nouvo MX with over 30k hard kms on it and it never missed a beat in 8 years. Those Nouvo's are well built and tough. Important in a daily beater.

The new PCX looks very refined. Pretty disappointing to have the fuel pump go on such a new bike though. I have a 2006 Nouvo MX with over 30k hard kms on it and it never missed a beat in 8 years. Those Nouvo's are well built and tough. Important in a daily beater.

30k is nothing for an 8 year old scooter. My nouvo has 22,000 in under 2 years. It only needed a battery so far ;/)

I've replaced the battery twice on the YNE. Maybe all that cranking trying to start it after I've been away for a few weeks? wink.png

I've heard there is very little difference between the YNE and the Nouvo SX. It's a better bike than the Click, but 10k more at 62K. Doesn't hold it's value like a Honda.

I do expect this YNE to last for years. It only has 15k on it now and I maintain it. A buddy has 75k on his. Looks like a POS but still runs well.

Bikes are amazingly cheap to maintain here. Oil change $5. I wonder if you could get someone to put air in your tires for $5 in the West.

30k is nothing for an 8 year old scooter. My nouvo has 22,000 in under 2 years. It only needed a battery so far ;/)

Yeah it's pretty much been a 7-11 bike for the last few years. First 20,000 kms were 2 up over the Phuket hills. Still looks remarkably good after a wash, it's overdue it's first belt change but still sounds and runs great. Could do another 8 years I reckon.

Edited by JonnyF

Nice 2nd hand Nouvos, MX, YNE, SX, abound at cheap asking prices.

These bikes can log lots of kilometers with little maintenance.

Read stories in Viet Nam they run them 150Kkm+ before 1-2000baht rebuild.

Keep oil & coolant in there.

Parts and labor are cheap.

Nouvos were the first popular 'twist & go' in Thailand, right?

Nice 2nd hand Nouvos, MX, YNE, SX, abound at cheap asking prices.

These bikes can log lots of kilometers with little maintenance.

Read stories in Viet Nam they run them 150Kkm+ before 1-2000baht rebuild.

Keep oil & coolant in there.

Parts and labor are cheap.

Nouvos were the first popular 'twist & go' in Thailand, right?

I don't know if they were. Where did the Click come in?

It is remarkable how cheap bikes are to maintain. I have the oil changed every 90 days at 150 baht. Imagine living in the west and trying to get anything done for $5?