Prayut suggests chartered flights to fly Indian couples to get married in Thailand

Lite Beer

JOC, on 19 Dec 2014 - 21:22, said:

Is it only me, or is this guy losing it by the minute??

No, he's not losing it, that because everything else in Thailand and with the Thai people are

A OK now, all 100% hunky dory, nothing else to fix or worry about and now he can devote

his free time for indian couples to merry in Thailand......

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

Even you, should be able to understand this.

Is this intended as a serious post?

Actually a lot of countries have special charted flights for weddings, Hawaii, Hollywood, Disneyland just to name a few. and if statistics show that there are a lot of couples from India coming to Thailand to get married, then why not make such a suggestion? remember if you can afford to charter an aircraft then you can afford to stay in the best hotel for your honeymoon, and what about the families and wedding guests that will be invited? I can assure you they will be financially strong.

I think you are confusing a chartered plane that is packed solid with people for cheap fares with chartering a private jet.

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

India had a population of 1.27 Billion in 2014, if 1% of that population decided to hold their wedding in Thailand that would boost tourism by a lot and in turn boost revenue a lot

Seems like a good idea to me but I wouldn't really expect the average TV Thai bashers to agree with anything in this country

''I wouldn't really expect the average TV Thai bashers to agree with anything in this country''

And unfortunately you are right!coffee1.gif

"80,5% of indian is hindu.it is followed by Islam (13.4%), Christianity (2.3%), Sikhism (1.9%), Buddhism (0.8%), Jainism (0.4%), Judaism,Zoroastrianism, and the Bahá'í Faith

Marriages in India are filled with ritual and celebration that continue for several days. Generally anywhere between 100 to 10,000 people attend. Often, many of the attendees are unknown to the bride and groom themselves.

Wedding traditions vary across religion, caste, ethnicity, language, region, etc. Traditional Indian weddings are generally structured into pre-wedding ceremonies, wedding day ceremonies (consisting of the Baraat, the Varmala and the Satphere), and the Vidaai. When the marriage has been agreed upon, the father of the bridegroom visits the father of the bride. The day before the expected arrival of the marriage procession,[4] lavish preparations are done by the family to receive the groom (shaadi ki tayaari) in beautiful and decorated venues, typically farmhouses or hotel halls, where a sacrificial fireplace called marhwa is built. Brides decorate themselves with gold and diamond jewellery, apply [mehndi] to colour hands and feet, and undergo various bridal rituals, including wearing bridal lehenga or saree. Bridegrooms typically wear a [sherwani] dress or a designer suit. To complete the marriage, the bride and groom walk in a circle (phera) around the sacrificial fire."

more ceremonies follow

because of this,i dont think any indian will ever go get married in Thailand

Having said that, I have a few friends who is wedding planner from india told me that Thailand is their preferred destination for wedding in Phuket, Hua Hin & Rayong. You really don't know about this but just blindly comment that indian will not come to Thailand for wedding. Lol....

• Like 1

"80,5% of indian is hindu.it is followed by Islam (13.4%), Christianity (2.3%), Sikhism (1.9%), Buddhism (0.8%), Jainism (0.4%), Judaism,Zoroastrianism, and the Bahá'í Faith

Marriages in India are filled with ritual and celebration that continue for several days. Generally anywhere between 100 to 10,000 people attend. Often, many of the attendees are unknown to the bride and groom themselves.

Wedding traditions vary across religion, caste, ethnicity, language, region, etc. Traditional Indian weddings are generally structured into pre-wedding ceremonies, wedding day ceremonies (consisting of the Baraat, the Varmala and the Satphere), and the Vidaai. When the marriage has been agreed upon, the father of the bridegroom visits the father of the bride. The day before the expected arrival of the marriage procession,[4] lavish preparations are done by the family to receive the groom (shaadi ki tayaari) in beautiful and decorated venues, typically farmhouses or hotel halls, where a sacrificial fireplace called marhwa is built. Brides decorate themselves with gold and diamond jewellery, apply [mehndi] to colour hands and feet, and undergo various bridal rituals, including wearing bridal lehenga or saree. Bridegrooms typically wear a [sherwani] dress or a designer suit. To complete the marriage, the bride and groom walk in a circle (phera) around the sacrificial fire."

more ceremonies follow

because of this,i dont think any indian will ever go get married in Thailand

Having said that, I have a few friends who is wedding planner from india told me that Thailand is their preferred destination for wedding in Phuket, Hua Hin & Rayong. You really don't know about this but just blindly comment that indian will not come to Thailand for wedding. Lol....

This is one of the top Indian wedding planner from india http://indianweddingsinthailand.in had organized many Indian weddings in Thailand and is also mentioned Thailand is one of the prefered wedding destination for Indian Weddings

• Like 1

There a couple of small problems.

First, the junta banned all weddings on the beach in Thailand - Google "No more phuket beach weddings". Not sure about elsewhere, but I can't imagine getting married on Pattaya Beach.

Second, in Phuket there is only 2 other "chapels" to get married in and very few competent wedding planners.

He is either plugging a business his family is involved in, or he is completely delusional.

I reckon this is a great announcement !

Every second day this imposter comes up with a gem like this and the junta supporters jump on and make fools of themselves trying defend him.

I liken the general to curly from the three stooges.

Woop woop woop nuck nuck nuck!

Certainly!

So all your comments are SANE ??? the PM is a joke---then you go on to say on another thread Yingluck would walk an election ???

get real. Remember Yinglucks government were promoting the same--and underwater weddings--don't shoot yourself in the foot. Think a bit rather than slagging for the slagging sake.

• Like 1

Two years ago there was a TAT article on promoting Indian weddings, and a long thread of Thailand, the hub postings. This is old news, yet he says he "heard." Wonders never cease.

Why slag the PM off if you do you also will be having a laugh at the Yingluck failed admin---they promoted the same

Things are getting stranger by the day here. Thailand is facing a multitude of serious

problems, and out of the blue Prayut is worried about increasing the number of Indian

couples having weddings here. For once words have failed me......

See now this is what gets me.

There are a multitude of problems, I mean every country has its sh*t to deal with but Thailand has many a pickle at the moment. I think the general should be focusing on those things rather than promoting Indian weddings e.g. trying to chase after and extradite people in other countries for daring to think and speak freely, the sham koh tao murder case, the massive police corruption, his own boys in green now kidnapping people, has he even acknowledged that?

I will get shouted down by the cheer leaders, but some of you please refute some of the points I have made.

Agreed. Very first thing popped into my mind was 'What the h3ll is the Prime Minister of a country, self appointed or no, doing concerning himself with trivialities such as this?' Particularly in light of the other points raised in your post. Overhauling judicial system/RTP/bureaucracy ... should come first, no?

• Like 2

Two years ago there was a TAT article on promoting Indian weddings, and a long thread of Thailand, the hub postings. This is old news, yet he says he "heard." Wonders never cease.

Why slag the PM off if you do you also will be having a laugh at the Yingluck failed admin---they promoted the same

The army apologist is back again with the standard reply: "Yingluck/Taksin was the same or worse".

In other news, under just released poor economic news, President Obama held a news conference this morning, promoting Las Vegas as a marriage destination for young couples from Guatemala and Nicaragua.

"And the best part is," said Mr Obama, " that you don't even need a visa anymore. And if you like Las Vegas, you can stay in Las Vegas."

clap2.gif Just spit coca cola through my nose.. ha ha ha ha ha

• Like 1

Why is he loosing it?

India had a population of 1.27 Billion in 2014, if 1% of that population decided to hold their wedding in Thailand that would boost tourism by a lot and in turn boost revenue a lot

Seems like a good idea to me but I wouldn't really expect the average TV Thai bashers to agree with anything in this country

What percentage of the population marry each year?

How many of can afford to marry here?

Of those how many would want to?

• Like 1

I think General should spend one week working with Indian tourists and then let him make the same statement

Splendid he could host his kek and greet it,

There's a wedding tailor in Suk em fit who'll do Karma Suitor for the nervous groom

Ask any tuktuk for Turban Gorilla,if you tell em Mr Rubba sent you you may swing by a card game or jewellry store for free

Why is he loosing it?

You might not have noticed, but he is supposed to be the Prime Minister not a wedding planner!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why is he loosing it?

He is not losing it. He is a realist.

General and Chief of the NCPO Prayuth understands that the military overthrow of the government cost the nation about 3.5% GDP growth for 2014 and most likely the same for 2015. That translates to about a Bt150 billion loss. Add to that another Bt100-150 billion to date for unending new populist subsidies and outright handouts combined with 30% shortfall in tax collection, the New Government is concerned about being blamed for a potential economic stagnation in the economy. The problem people have with Prayuth's enthusiasm in promoting the Thai economy is that he makes contradictory and erratic economic policies that seem to negate any benefits. That damages his credibility.

• Like 2

A 'normal' Indian wedding celebration last at least for four days with hundreds of guests (including Hindu priests) participating. There is free food, drinks, entertainment, cigarettes and small presents for everyone. Some of the couples are in depth for seven years to pay for all this. If a couple and the families involved refuse to throw a party like this, their social status takes a slump. So, it is quite likely that only the 'cheap Charlies' would come to Thailand for a wedding.

Maybe it is a good idea for the dear leader to get information from behind the barracks fence, before trying to top the weird fantasies of the TAT.

Why is he loosing it?

Actually a lot of countries have special charted flights for weddings, Hawaii, Hollywood, Disneyland just to name a few. and if statistics show that there are a lot of couples from India coming to Thailand to get married, then why not make such a suggestion? remember if you can afford to charter an aircraft then you can afford to stay in the best hotel for your honeymoon, and what about the families and wedding guests that will be invited? I can assure you they will be financially strong.

Lovelythank you an inspiration.

I think the governor of Disneyland,when I was young a Mr Donal Duck was a leading spokesman was in charge,tho I 'm not an expert on Mickey Mouse countries

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Why is he loosing it?

You might not have noticed, but he is supposed to be the Prime Minister not a wedding planner!!

Costas, this reply comment sounds like you are already knee deep in eggnogg.drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEEfKmimwR However, merry Xmas.