ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I usually start at the top and make my way down.

With Bedlam at the bottom. Sometimes it takes me a few hours, having to listen to all the good music and get get good tips on movies to watch.

The difference is you do it.

ooops sounding more and more like neverdie everyday.smile.png

I have find the 2013 winner votes!

david488 winner with 34 votes!

this year jingthing winning 160 votes!

Why so many more members vote this year?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/692617-poster-of-the-year-vote-2013/?hl=%2Bposter+%2Byear+%2B2013

Why ... because people campaigned.

Well, to be time factual ... in true USA tradition, Nancy campaigned, then JT, then Costas.

moz45 ... as you've joined less then a month ago, it might be difficult for you to comprehend,

but the POTY, just is ... no need to go chasing it.

And what sort of odd language do you speak?

Paint together for the room? Peindre ensemble la piece. A bit French me thinks.

Well Patsy ... his English wasn't so odd with the members first post ...

It's a nice accolade to receive, but I feel a little sorry for those who actively chase it..

come on Dave. You been chasing this for over one month now! Like US Presidential campaign with all your topic and postings.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Interesting is it that every post from this member has either been on JT's Campaign Thread ... or this one? (no derision towards JT, he can't control others).

Some say, just another banned Troll returning under a new member name.

Edited by David48

David, seriously, do you really care about this shenanigans?

It's fun fun fun - at least from my rather raddled brain. You have loads of votes.

JT has been needing this for yonks. And he deserves it. Costas makes me laugh and Nancy - well, no comment. I am sure she is a nice person.

• Like 1

David, seriously, do you really care about this shenanigans?

It's fun fun fun - at least from my rather raddled brain. You have loads of votes.

JT has been needing this for yonks. And he deserves it. Costas makes me laugh and Nancy - well, no comment. I am sure she is a nice person.

what kind of person NEEDS something as silly as this?

• Like 1

And what sort of odd language do you speak?

Paint together for the room? Peindre ensemble la piece. A bit French me thinks.

Well Patsy ... his English wasn't so odd with the members first post ...

It's a nice accolade to receive, but I feel a little sorry for those who actively chase it..

come on Dave. You been chasing this for over one month now! Like US Presidential campaign with all your topic and postings.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Interesting is it that every post from this member has either been on JT's Campaign Thread ... or this one? (no derision towards JT, he can't control others).

Some say, just another banned Troll returning under a new member name.

david488 ike the policemen detective! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

who say i troll? just you i think. Shows me who else say like that? Only you say like that for make trouble

your friend whambams painting wall by self? clap2.gif

Edited by moz45

Sorry for your loss. In fact to bring this thread totally off course i, this evening and morning, counted how many cats i have lived with over the years.

Starting with Simba when i was six ------- right up to Jimmijoe when i was 49. 16. All all loved and adored.

Sure the guys and gals will understand........It's good too talk...........thumbsup.gif

I'm only here for the beers and as David48 only offered me a beer, I've been out having a few as we (friends) watched the football.

Late start too, the lady and I only going out for breakfast at 13-00hours.

Life, it is a wonderful thing.

I do notice David48 has now broken through to 60 votes margin. Nice one.

Vote David48.

• Like 1

where the whambam and david48?

all quiet for them.. before they always together here like friends.

Maybe nows they paint together for the room clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I was spending quality time split between my g/f and the football.

There IS life outside of ThaiVisa rolleyes.gif

But you not paint for the room? I think nice blue colour - boy paint is blue no, pink girl.

I see twins once nakkid, boy . not girl.

Blue paint. good. for the room. Big strong blue for the room.

Sishe im starting to sound like a rather bob marley fan. put da instead of the.

Edited by Patsycat

I have to admit I haven't been doing anything very exciting during this end of the year period.

Nothing thrilling like painting a room or a trip to Bangkok.

What I have been up to lately is ... wait for it ... shopping for a new MATTRESS!

The original mattress I bought about 10 years ago was a Lotus with regular springs and it is still quite comfortable with springs intact.

But it seems to be rotting or something on the sides ... like particles coming out of it.

No not anything like bugs I can see but it's still not a nice thing to see or think about. w00t.gif

Well, lemme tell you buying a mattress in Thailand has been MUCH harder than I expected.

Go to stores and the salespeople generally don't have good product knowledge or can even show you a document that actually has the technical SPECS for the mattresses you're interested in.

Sure they can suggest you can lie in it and they do, but it's a long term "investment" so you really want to know what's going on there inside.

Details, man, details!

Don't even get me started with the "promotional price" gambit.

Signs saying a price of a mattress is 80K baht but if you buy it by Friday, you get it for 29K. What a deal!

Did ANY human person ever pay 80K?!?

Anyway after being to every major store around me with a good choice of mattresses, I finally found a place with both acceptable range of choices, fair prices, and amazingly knowledgeable enough salespeople.

Plus they even wear nurse uniforms which I find hilarious!

So here's the plug: INDEX LIVING MALL.

No they don't carry a range the major brands.

Only a range of Serta products.

But I can live with that.

Or hopefully sleep with that.

Don't need to thank me for sharing.

I'm not coasting. I'm COSTAS-ing!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Lots of people pay lots of money to have the best matress in the world. Buy a crappy cheapy one and your back and hips will not like you.

Go for the best that you can afford. It may seem expensive now, but in five or ten years you will still be sleeping like a kitten.

Lots of people pay lots of money to have the best matress in the world. Buy a crappy cheapy one and your back and hips will not like you.

Go for the best that you can afford. It may seem expensive now, but in five or ten years you will still be sleeping like a kitten.

Dunlopillo is fab............thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't go cheap ... but frankly I don't think you need to spend a fortune either.

The one I have now which is still super comfortable after 10 years was about 25K "promotion price" back then.

I'm still choosing between two choices at Index, both about 30K baht "promotion price."

One has made in USA pocket springs inside with a thin layer of foam on top, and one is all latex foam, no springs.

I have never bought a no spring bed but I'm leaning towards that one on the theory that the material in there is less likely to have "tropical" issues like happened with my current mattress.

Yes, it's firm, but I like firm and my current mattress is firm so I should be able to handle it.

Edited by Jingthing

I wouldn't go cheap ... but frankly I don't think you need to spend a fortune either.

The one I have now which is still super comfortable after 10 years was about 25K "promotion price" back then.

I'm still choosing between two choices at Index, both about 30K baht "promotion price."

One has made in USA pocket springs inside with a thin layer of foam on top, and one is all latex foam, no springs.

I have never bought a no spring bed but I'm leaning towards that one on the theory that the material in there is less likely to have "tropical" issues like happened with my current mattress.

Yes, it's firm, but I like firm and my current mattress is firm so I should be able to handle it.

2kbht does me, I'm very fit and don't suffer from back pains.

Here it is,

post-151798-0-06279800-1419843912_thumb.

Does that count as a "no spring bed"?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1