Any 3G unlimited offer ? Operator with best peering to US and europe?

samui4me

Hello,

Do you know any operator offering unlimited 3G? Except "TOT STORM" which is unlimited (but capped to 2MB/s). Because it works well only if you browse websites hosted in Thailand...

BTW do you know which operator has the best worldwide peering, latency to US, europe?
Thanks!

I mean :

unlimited volume at maximum possible speed (ideally 3g speed...)

So far indeed I found only unlimited volume but max 356kb/s

Thanks

What are you expecting? If you want unlimited 3G, buy multiple SIMs, top up and activate the packages as you use up your allowance.

Then you will have unlimited. What incentive would anyone have to give you unlimited top speed access, without you paying commensurate for it?

Current full speed costs are 12 GB for 855 baht. Get a few of those and you are virtually unlimited.

Otherwise, it's TOT or 384kbps for you.

If you want fastest dl speed, get True Move 4G,

For 899 you get 10Gb, download speed aroubd 40Mbps

Dtac gives you 12 Gb, for about same price, but it is 3G only

Of course this statement is quite wrong.

This must have changed very recently. I was at Dtac shop at Central Beach Pattaya in early Dec 2014, they made it very clear they have NO 4G network in Pattaya.

I also called them, since my tablet uses Dtac 12 Gb package. Call center guy also told me NO 4G in Pattaya.

If what I posted is incorrect, I apologize!

I have not been able to subscribe to Dtac 4G.

Are you sure the screen cap you posted is from Pattaya?

Edit: I now see the topic never mentions Pattaya. Of course all 3 carriers have 4G networks in Thailand. I got my initial post mixed with Pattaya for some reason, I am glad user Jiu-Jitsu noticed it, and corrected this. I apologize!

Edited by whitemouse

DTAC offers unlimited 512kbps for 9THB/day. At least its faster than 384 kbps and its cheap. Could be boosted as well.

Hello, thanks, this looks interesting... about 300bahts/month for unlimited 512kb.. not so bad..

Do you have the code for this? On their website I saw only 15Mb 3G for 9bahts/day

DTAC offers unlimited 512kbps for 9THB/day. At least its faster than 384 kbps and its cheap. Could be boosted as well.

Hello, thanks, this looks interesting... about 300bahts/month for unlimited 512kb.. not so bad..

Do you have the code for this? On their website I saw only 15Mb 3G for 9bahts/day

Look here..

Look here..

I couldn't find the answer on Look here... link (unless I missed it), but when I check the DTAC site (http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/happy-unlimited-internet-package.html) the answer is *104*377*9#. I use the DTAC app for Android to get the same result - so didn't know the code before today. I am clueless as to why the more expensive 14THB scheme is slower? It maybe because they switch off 9THB rate at midnight so from then onwards users are hit with a more expensive data rate if their phones are using data? I always use Automateit to turn off my data every night at 23:55hrs to stop that crap:

Able to use 3G & at maximum speed of 512 Kbps. Valid until midnight.

valid until 31/01/2015

Activation Shortcut *104*377*9#dial

Service Fee

9 baht / day

Able to use 3G & at maximum speed 384Kbps

valid until 31/01/2015

Activation Shortcut *104*314*9# dial

Service Fee

14 baht / day

Edited by Digitalbanana

Look here..

I couldn't find the answer on Look here... link (unless I missed it), but when I check the DTAC site (http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/happy-unlimited-internet-package.html) the answer is *104*377*9#. I use the DTAC app for Android to get the same result - so didn't know the code before today. I am clueless as to why the more expensive 14THB scheme is slower? It maybe because they switch off 9THB rate at midnight so from then onwards users are hit with a more expensive data rate if their phones are using data? I always use Automateit to turn off my data every night at 23:55hrs to stop that crap:

Able to use 3G & at maximum speed of 512 Kbps. Valid until midnight.

valid until 31/01/2015

Activation Shortcut *104*377*9#dial

Service Fee

9 baht / day

Able to use 3G & at maximum speed 384Kbps

valid until 31/01/2015

Activation Shortcut *104*314*9# dial

Service Fee

14 baht / day

Yes...you missed it...perhaps you needed to scroll down the page.

Instead of paying 9 baht per day, you could pay 59 baht per week. The activation code is within the post. wakey wakey! smile.png

Though before subscribing, I suggest that you test each of the daily packages, in order to see what speeds you achieve on each...in order to know whether it's a topsy turvy mistake on their part. Once you know, you can subscribe to the appropriate weekly package as indicated to in my post. That will stop you from needing to turn your data off every day. wink.png

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Instead of paying 9 baht per day, you could pay 59 baht per week. The activation code is within the post. wakey wakey! smile.png

I was referring to the daily 9THB /day activation code which was the question as I interpreted it. Answer is *104*377*9#.

I was referring to the daily 9THB /day activation code which was the question as I interpreted it. Answer is *104*377*9#.

Perhaps you can think about what he actually posted;

So if he is looking at an overall monthly cost, clearly the weekly tariff is better for him. Perhaps you think it sensible that he would have to apply a new pack every day(laborious) and then ends up paying more overall for the same thing anyway.

Sometimes you have to learn to think outside your little box.

Hello

Thanks all for your help!
I subscribed to the 59THB package for unlimited 512kb/sec for 1 week....

But when I do *101*1*9# I get :

Your Happy internet unlimited 59 Baht/7Days on-top promotion for this usage period is valid until 00:00 on 12-Jan-15,
In this cycle, you have used Internet 0.05MB from maximum speed allowance 6.00GB of your on-top package...

Hmm, isn't this supposed to be unlimited? What happens after 6.00GB?

Perhaps you can think about what he actually posted;

So if he is looking at an overall monthly cost, clearly the weekly tariff is better for him. Perhaps you think it sensible that he would have to apply a new pack every day(laborious) and then ends up paying more overall for the same thing anyway.

Sometimes you have to learn to think outside your little box.

Congratulations. You're my first on the TV ignore list for 2015. You'll be up for review at the end of the year. Good luck.

Hello

Your Happy internet unlimited 59 Baht/7Days on-top promotion for this usage period is valid until 00:00 on 12-Jan-15,

In this cycle, you have used Internet 0.05MB from maximum speed allowance 6.00GB of your on-top package...

Thanks smile.png

Please let us know when you reach it in a few hours time :-). I haven't tried that weekly package before.

Hello

Thanks smile.png

Please let us know when you reach it in a few hours time :-). I haven't tried that weekly package before.

Nothing dramatic happens after 6 gigs are up, speed drops substantially, if speed is important, you go and buy a new package.

I find that 6 Gb is a lot, but onky if you use wifi hotspots, that every carrier offers. Do the main downloads, such as movies, while hooked to wifi.

I bought 12Gb package from Dtac early Dec, used it for hours to read news, and watch youtuubes every day. Ended up using 4 Gb only lol. But all large downloads while usibg Dtacs wifi.

Another phone I use has True 4G package, now into 3rd month with 3 gig package, never used it up. But again, wifi where possible.

Hello

Your Happy internet unlimited 59 Baht/7Days on-top promotion for this usage period is valid until 00:00 on 12-Jan-15,[/size]

In this cycle, you have used Internet 0.05MB from maximum speed allowance 6.00GB of your on-top package...[/size]

Thanks smile.png

I apologise for Digital Banana...clearly a useless idiot who finds it impossible to admit that he is wrong and then continues to add senseless comment such as this:

Even if you maxxed out the connection speed, it would take you over 27 hours to download 6GB of data.

Note that it is 6GB for one week, at a maximum of 0.5Mbps. That gives you over 24GB per month.

SIM card are relatively cheap. I'm sure that if you need more than 6GB in a week, that you can afford another SIM and package.

Hello

Thanks smile.png

Nothing dramatic happens after 6 gigs are up, speed drops substantially, if speed is important, you go and buy a new package.

I find that 6 Gb is a lot, but onky if you use wifi hotspots, that every carrier offers. Do the main downloads, such as movies, while hooked to wifi.

I bought 12Gb package from Dtac early Dec, used it for hours to read news, and watch youtuubes every day. Ended up using 4 Gb only lol. But all large downloads while usibg Dtacs wifi.

Another phone I use has True 4G package, now into 3rd month with 3 gig package, never used it up. But again, wifi where possible.

Remember that this is 6 GB per week. So in fact more than 24GB per month for 270 baht.

Of course the silly banana will be on to it like a shot...as if he found it for himself. :)

Does anyone know if AIS has anything like the 59 baht / week DTAC offer?

If not, is there any way I could keep my number if I ditch my prepaid AIS in favour of DTAC? I could switch anyway and let everyone know my new number, but it's a bit of a hassle...

Does anyone know if AIS has anything like the 59 baht / week DTAC offer?

If not, is there any way I could keep my number if I ditch my prepaid AIS in favour of DTAC? I could switch anyway and let everyone know my new number, but it's a bit of a hassle...

TRUE has the same offer, but I don't know it's Fair Use Policy.

AIS 512kbps 1 day @ 9 baht + VAT. *777*209#imgPhone.gif

AIS 384kbps plan: 7 days for 69 baht + VAT. *777*731#imgPhone.gif

384 kbps 1Day @ 14 baht + VAT. *777*33#imgPhone.gif

• Like 1

AIS 7 day 384kbps plan(alternative USSD code, as the one above is for AIS 3G One-2-Call! Only): 7 days for 69 baht + VAT. *777*723#phone_table.png

and yet another: *777*981#phone_table.png

Perhaps the latter is a subscription that you'd need to cancel or just not to top up enough if you no longer required it.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu