PM Prayut rides high-speed train in China

webfact

PM rides high-speed train in China

BANGKOK, 23 December 2014 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha has ridden a high speed train in China during his official visit. China’s high speed train will be used as the model for the same type of transportation in Thailand.

The premier and his entourage on Tuesday traveled to the Train Control Center of China, which controlled all trains across the country. Gen. Prayuth showed his interest in the high speed train system and asked the center’s staff about management and control of the trains. He also asked if it was possible for Thailand to operate high speed trains of 160 kilometers/hour.

Prime Minister Prayuth and entourage then rode the high speed train from southern Beijing to Tianjin. It took around 30 minutes for the 120 kilometer-ride at over 300 kilometers/hour. The premier said he believed the high-speed train cooperation between Thailand and China would pave the way for more economic opportunities for the two countries and benefit the ASEAN Economic Cooperation (AEC).

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-23 footer_n.gif

PM inspects high speed train operation in China
By Digital Content

14193243767498-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 23 -- Thai Prime Minster Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has taken a test ride on China’s high-speed train from southern Beijing to the Tianjin metropolis.

On the second day of his official visit to China yesterday and today, Gen Prayut visited the national railway control centre in the capital and observed how the center separately handles high speed passenger and foreign trains.

Gen Prayut then took a 120 kilometre test ride on the high-speed train from Bejing to Tianjin.

Last week, Thailand and China signed an agreement on cooperation in Thailand's railway sector, under which China will help construct a pair of rail lines connecting northeast Thailand with the eastern port city of Rayong and the central province of Saraburi north of Bangkok.

Meanwhile, Premier Prayut was scheduled to meet Zhang DeJiang, chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress and Chinese President Xi Jinping. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-23

>>He also asked if it was possible for Thailand to operate high speed trains of 160 kilometers/hour.<<

Dear PM. Trains going at 160km/h are not highspeed trains!! They are called trains!!

But unlike Thailands rolling stock, they are from this century!!

• Like 2

I guess that ride would have been like the first time i take wife to hong kong on rollercoaster. She was scared to death after being on rollercoaster in thailand until she saw how safe and secure the ride was there.

I wonder if it crossed Prayuths mind how even the slow trains here are unsafe and if it would get worse after the intercontinental train is built using thai labor with their reckless regard for safety measures being followed

Is that his mother or his wife in the photo?

I think it is his mother.

It is certainly not his wife. His family have generally kept a very low profile, particularly after a red shirt leader called for his twin daughters' kidnapping.

>>He also asked if it was possible for Thailand to operate high speed trains of 160 kilometers/hour.<<

Trains going at 160km/h are not high speed trains!! They are called "higher speed rail".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher-speed_rail

When you're used to the average speed trains in Thailand have at the moment, anything that fast must seem moving forward at an amazingly high speed.

It is certainly not his wife. His family have generally kept a very low profile, particularly after a red shirt leader called for his twin daughters' kidnapping.

I thought his wife is with him in China. Plus an entourage of ---?

Junkets I believe they are called.

Dear PM. Trains going at 160km/h are not highspeed trains!! They are called trains!!

But unlike Thailands rolling stock, they are from this century!!

I think with steam engines they could touch the 200 km/h. I think the Shanghai airport link has a max operating speed of 430, and tested at 500.

That I call high speed. But 250 would be OK for Thailand. Make a line from Bangkok to Pattaya+the industrial estates there and the harbor. Make one Chang Mai to Bangkok and down to the Malaysian Border. If China can make one trans Thailand which connects and Malaysia extends it down to Singapore it would be a big help for economic, pollution, transport.

"...... 30 minutes for the 120 kilometer-ride at over 300 kilometers/hour......"

Do the Math

What is wrong?

A train doesn't accelerate in 1 second from 0 to 300 and hold the speed exactly. There might been even a stop.

I presume for Prayuth it is probably one of the first times he has ever been on a train. I am sure as hell he has never used the ones in Thailand.

Not that he is alone i doubt 99% the people in SRT even use them- chauffeur driven air con cars is much more their style.

That's his wife. You see her with him at most high levels events like the recent & televised King's birthday celebrations.

• Like 1

"...... 30 minutes for the 120 kilometer-ride at over 300 kilometers/hour......"

Do the Math

DepartsArrivesDuration2nd Class Seat Fares(CNY Yuan)1st Class Seat Fares(CNY Yuan)Business Class or Special Class Seat Fares(CNY Yuan)D2001Beijing West7:10amTaiyuan10:31am3 h 21m152217-G601Beijing West7:35amTaiyuan10:20am2 h 45m194285605G91Beijing West8:30amTaiyuan11:00am2 h 30m194285364G603Beijing West9:15amTaiyuan12:08pm2 h 53m194285605G605Beijing West10:15amTaiyuan1:07pm2 h 52m194285605G607Beijing West11:32amTaiyuan2:17pm2 h 45m194285605D2003Beijing West1:19pmTaiyuan4:46pm3 h 27m152217-G609Beijing West3:08pmTaiyuan6:03pm2 h 55m194285364D2005Beijing West3:29pmTaiyuan6:43pm3 h 14m152217-G611Beijing West5:00pmTaiyuan7:54pm2 h 54m194285605G613Beijing West5:56pmTaiyuan8:43pm2 h 47m194285605G615Beijing West8:21pmTaiyuan11:13pm2 h 52m194285605

Google is always there for you.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

Is that a gold ID bracelet the PM is wearing? Maybe it would be better to microchip him....just in case he gets lost in China.

IMHO that's one of the plastic "Long love the King" bracelets (formerly sold at 7/11 at 100 THB each)

Like one of these

Long%20Live%20The%20King.jpg

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

It is his wife... She appears regularly with him and tours on her own too...

post-23568-0-77558200-1419342439_thumb.j

If he were allowed to travel to Europe, he could take a high-speed train ride there, too. smile.png

Didn't he go to Europe in October?

yes he did. He had a special exemption just for the summit.

Funny. Nothing about him getting any "special exemption". Maybe he just gate crashed.

edit: "It has suspended official visits to and from Thailand but has not issued travel bans for junta members."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2774680/Rights-group-urges-Europe-press-Thai-leader-rights-Italy-trip.html#ixzz3MjJk1D18

Edited by whybother
  • Like 1