Former Thai Rak Thai party member gets 3 years in prison for attempt to bribe court

Lite Beer

Charnchai said he would appeal against the ruling.

So for the next 3 years he will not sit in prison.

After the appeal he will get a sentence with suspension of jail term.

After that you will find his name back on the electoral lists.

Didn't see anywhere that he is on bail, so he is in prison.

He can still appeal from inside as long as he or someone else provides the funds.

In this case if he hasn't got it himself then the party and its owner wont waste money on him.

Charnchai said he would appeal against the ruling.

So for the next 3 years he will not sit in prison.

After the appeal he will get a sentence with suspension of jail term.

After that you will find his name back on the electoral lists.

Didn't see anywhere that he is on bail, so he is in prison.

He can still appeal from inside as long as he or someone else provides the funds.

In this case if he hasn't got it himself then the party and its owner wont waste money on him.

http://202.47.224.92/en/news.php?id=255008130046

He is out on bail since 13.08.2007

Now he appeal.

I do not think he is now in prison.

I think the judge should be congratulated, this yellow, shirt red shirt discussion is reactionist pointless and out of place, an honest judge turned down 30 million Baht and reported the matter and a conviction was obtained. How many of us would honestly turn down 30 million. yeah everyone here right.

Must have been a yellow judge smile.png

Must be a red commie troller smile.png

The Thai Rak Thai clown with one of the weakest defenses ever...

post-227978-0-22936100-1419416734.jpg

Charnchai... Cop in a mug shot

Retired Police Colonel Charnchai Netirattakarn admitted he visited Constitution Court judge ML Krairerk Kasemsan, but he was "just kidding" when he offered a Bt30 million bribe to Krairerk.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/08/13/politics/politics_30044824.php

Edited by Ted57

All these guys would never have been caught under Thaksin's democracy. Ohh, they are Thaksin's people. Lol.

You make an interesting point. Rather than complain about what has happened since the junta took control, I find myself wondering what would not have happened, if the Shins were still in control.

Scary thought. thumbsup.gif

If a democratically elected leader was in power, what would not have happened is the desecration of the constitution, trampling on the civil rights of the people and another stupid coup...

Democracy is the best scenario.

All these guys would never have been caught under Thaksin's democracy. Ohh, they are Thaksin's people. Lol.

You make an interesting point. Rather than complain about what has happened since the junta took control, I find myself wondering what would not have happened, if the Shins were still in control.

If a democratically elected leader was in power, what would not have happened is the desecration of the constitution, trampling on the civil rights of the people and another stupid coup...

"Democracy is the best scenario."...................If you say so, but you can't have the cake and eat it. So what do you want, democracy, or absolute rule by the criminal outfit the Shinawatras. What's it going to be ?

You seemingly ignore all the wrongdoings of the Shins, what a feeble way to defend a cause. No wonder they are in as much trouble as they are, with defenders such as yourself.

Hmmmmm..

I read that as meaning:

This particular Judge was not persuaded ( this Time ) while many other said to be honorable persons before him have been persuaded in the past while this particular political party member was rejected while other opposition party members were previously accommodated....while it just so happens that the public never heard about all those other times while this particular time we are hearing about it.

Like that.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Your 'democracy' is where 45% of the population who are mostly non-taxpayers people elect a government whose policies are clearly a) to use taxpayers money to bribe non-taxpayers to vote for them and B) condone corruption throughout government to reward officials and representatives for their loyalty.

Sorry, but in my book that is a country whose people are still too primitive for democracy. You are clearly in that category.

• Like 2

"The party’s senior executives have been accused of hiring small, little known parties to compete in the election in order to help the party....." And this is exactly what can happen in a MMP electoral system being considered for Thailand.

Desecration presumably as in PM wanting to slip through parliament amnesty specifically designed for Thaksin or better maybe Thaksin's lawyers trying to hand over cash in lunch boxes to bribe the judges to do the 'right thing' during the earlier political period in question.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifimage .jpg

Retired Police Colonel Charnchai Netirattakarn admitted he visited Constitution Court judge ML Krairerk Kasemsan, but he was "just kidding" when he offered a Bt30 million bribe to Krairerk.

Actually, I think this trumps that defense as the weakest ever:

Just a case of doing what is necessary for an abnormal time and circumstances in Thailand history. In normal times, you likely to get a fair trial and no need to influence the judge.

Poor TRT, they just had to bribe a judge so he'd let them off the hook for electoral fraud.

Not the first time of course that Thaksin has attempted to bribe judges and failed, those of us who have been here a while remember the cake box attempt.

I see one of the lawyers who participated in and was jailed for that one is now part of Yingluck's defense team.

Not that long ago there were senior judges fired : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/750156-four-senior-judges-fired-for-gross-disciplinary-violations/ so it would seem the message has got through to the judges that they must act within the law.

Would be great if those who attempt to bribe them could also get the message.

attachicon.gifimage .jpg

Just a case of doing what is necessary for an abnormal time and circumstances in Thailand history. In normal times, you likely to get a fair trial and no need to influence the judge.

Poor TRT, they just had to bribe a judge so he'd let them off the hook for electoral fraud.

Not any worse than bribery by deeds or as former Constitutional Court President put it "political expediency". Dem was let off the hook for electoral fraud due to political expediency plus the rest of the CC court rulings.

attachicon.gifimage .jpg

Not any worse than bribery by deeds or as former Constitutional Court President put it "political expediency". Dem was let off the hook for electoral fraud due to political expediency plus the rest of the CC court rulings.

...and the next bus along will be the red one tootling 'our man is innocent, these are trumped up charges'.