Pattaya people -- please put me over the top as Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2014!

Jingthing

I understand.

Waiting until the last minute can be big fun.

But in case you didn't know, you can actually change your vote anyway up till the deadline.

Simply click: DELETE MY VOTE

and then REVOTE for your new choice.

That's why the final finishes on these contests are so super dramatic.

I see, but that sort of take the fun away don't it? I mean shuffling your vote around all the time.

In most elections you go to the voting place and put your cross on your favorite candidate in whatever the voting is about and that's it.

I thought our own TV poster of the year is based on what the candidates have posted over year 2014 and not how sweet talking they can manage here in the last 3 days?

Well, I been on here for a while and never noticed it before, perhaps I should start going out more, he-he.

I understand.

Waiting until the last minute can be big fun.

But in case you didn't know, you can actually change your vote anyway up till the deadline.

Simply click: DELETE MY VOTE

and then REVOTE for your new choice.

That's why the final finishes on these contests are so super dramatic.

I see, but that sort of take the fun away don't it? I mean shuffling your vote around all the time.

In most elections you go to the voting place and put your cross on your favorite candidate in whatever the voting is about and that's it.

I thought our own TV poster of the year is based on what the candidates have posted over year 2014 and not how sweet talking they can manage here in the last 3 days?

Well, I been on here for a while and never noticed it before, perhaps I should start going out more, he-he.

People are free to vote based on any criteria they choose.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Begging for votes on an internet forum popularity contest really is pitiful JT... Just goes to show how low a person can go...

Mean spirited but predictable.

Sorry if I upset your delicate sensibilities JT, but you know I don't pull punches.... Don't forget I've been reading your posts for years too and must say I find your views detestable on a multitude of topics.... Have a nice day...

de·test·a·ble
diˈtestəbəl/
adjective
  1. deserving intense dislike.
    "I found the film's violence detestable"
Edited by Loptr

Begging for votes on an internet forum popularity contest really is pitiful JT... Just goes to show how low a person can go...

Mean spirited but predictable.

Sorry if I upset your delicate sensibilities JT, but you know I don't pull punches.... Don't forget I've been reading your posts for years too and must say I find your views detestable on a multitude of topics.... Have a nice day...

de·test·a·ble

diˈtestəbəl/

adjective

Many Baht Bus drivers feel the same.

My sensibilities are not delicate. Nor am I naive as to expect agreement on every controversial topic of discussion and support from everyone. Like I said, predictable.

Anyway, I started this thread (and arguably abandoned all dignity ... oops) to ask the Pattaya forum crowd to help me out in this little "election" we're having and again, a big thank you for the noticeable show of support over there.

Not over ... the horse race continues through December 30. Yes, way too long!

Edited by Jingthing

Many Baht Bus drivers feel the same.

They don't like good steady customers who hand them exact change so they can be quickly on their way? I have praised the convenience of the baht bus system on normal routes on this forum for many years. Yes, I have also commented on the real problems that do really exist. No apologies. No regrets.

I have been a member over 12 years with only two members longer than I still actively posting. One of them is George.

I have over 7,500 posts, all of them factual, kind and gracious. I have never even been nominated.

Maybe I should have been a Democrat.

• Like 1

I have been a member over 12 years with only two members longer than I still actively posting. One of them is George.

I have over 7,500 posts, all of them factual, kind and gracious. I have never even been nominated.

Do know of / remember the guy named 'Blue Sofa' ... he's the only guy I know that is close to your vintage.

• Like 1

Do know of / remember the guy named 'Blue Sofa' ... he's the only guy I know that is close to your vintage.

Dude, this is the Pattaya forum.

We don't know from blue sofas.

We know from blue PILLS!

• Like 2

Exactly what are you insinuating?

Exactly what I wrote, that the winner is chosen based on what the candidate have written over the year and not election sweet talking.

I hope you got it now?

I would happily and sincerely nominate you. If I am still alive and kicking next year, remind me and I will do so. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I would happily and sincerely nominate you. If I am still alive and kicking next year, remind me and I will do so. thumbsup.gif

Consider it done. I'll start working on my acceptance speech now.

The two are...

George (joined 11-20-2002)

MikeWill (joined 11-24-2002)

Don't remember Blue Sofa.

I have to warn you that not everyone nominated ends up on the first voting list. It's a messy thing but there is a limit to how many people fit onto a poll and even messier to have multiple polls for the first round. It was not revealed as to how the extra names have been eliminated but it's a messy unpleasant business regardless guaranteed to disappoint some people to not even be given a first chance.

Edited by Jingthing

If age and experience are a requirement then Vote 1 for chukd.

Known to his friends affectionately as the Godfather of Pattaya.

BTW I checked JTs profile and he joined a year after me in 2006 yet has managed a whopping 56000 posts.

I can only muster a paltry 2500 odd posts but all of them are top quality.clap2.gif

• Like 1

A large post total does not necessarily mean a quality contribution to the forum, that's for sure.

One word in the word association thread counts as a post, for example.

But I'm certain people who have read my posts for years in many different subforums will realize I have posted lots of quality contributions.

Also, silly stuff, of course.

It's all there.

So please don't make too many assumptions about quality from people with high post counts, EITHER way.

Personally, as I have a background as a prolific writer, what may seem to many as an absurd number of posts, to me doesn't seem all that much text. Perhaps weird, but true.

On the other hand, I have to admit, if someone has made a very small number of posts in an entire year, it would be very unlikely that they would have any chance at all of being a contender in an annual contest even if nominated, and that has happened a number of times in these contests. Just based on no name recognition. Facts of life. That doesn't seem too unfair to me ... a very low post count would indicate a lack of participation.

Of course, in theory there could be exceptions.

Such as a member who makes one post in a year and it turns out to save the lives of a village, and that makes international news.

It would be hard not to vote for such a person!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

A large post total does not necessarily mean a quality contribution to the forum, that's for sure.

One word in the word association thread counts as a post, for example.

But I'm certain people who have read my posts for years in many different subforums will realize I have posted lots of quality contributions.

Also, silly stuff, of course.

It's all there.

So please don't make too many assumptions about quality from people with high post counts, EITHER way.

Personally, as I have a background as a prolific writer, what may seem to many as an absurd number of posts, to me doesn't seem all that much text. Perhaps weird, but true.

On the other hand, I have to admit, if someone has made a very small number of posts in an entire year, it would be very unlikely that they would have any chance at all of being a contender in an annual contest even if nominated, and that has happened a number of times in these contests. Just based on no name recognition. Facts of life. That doesn't seem too unfair to me ... a very low post count would indicate a lack of participation.

Of course, in theory there could be exceptions.

Such as a member who makes one post in a year and it turns out to save the lives of a village, and that makes international news.

It would be hard not to vote for such a person!

You are sounding more like a politician every day.

You too can have a promising career as a court stenographer!

Bet you didn't think that would prompt me to vote for you..I'd vote for you JT over the Blether any day - and I'm hetro

The Blether pretended he wasn't arrogant. LOL Oh that aristocratic, born with silver spoon in mouth scotsman..

Done, you have my vote at last

• Like 1

The two are...

George (joined 11-20-2002)

MikeWill (joined 11-24-2002)

Don't remember Blue Sofa.

Thanks for that, you joined almost a year before bluesofa

He's been a Member Since 2003-10-09 and was on-line this past hour.

Edited by David48