Amnat Imm' Declaration forms for overstay/crimes (1 year extn)

Just returned from Amnat Chareon Imm' after submitting my annual 1 year visa extension based on a Non O married to a Thai.

I was asked to complete and sign 2 forms that I was not given last year, to declare that I was aware of the overstay regulations and being foul of the Thai criminal justice system, the overstay list was on a sliding scale from a 90 day overstay being the smallest ban to a life time ban from Thailand, apologies for not being able to recall the exact details of the sliding scale.

Also, the TM7 form has been updated/changed and the old version I took along was rejected but without fuss. I was not interviewed but my wife was, in previous applications we were both interviewed.

Signing these forms about overstay penalties/bans is common practice for quite a while.

Many threads/posts about that.

On the other hand it is true that the regulations are still not in effect.

In the visa section you would get more response.

Been posted dozens of times and months ago, you're signing to say that you're aware of something that might be put into law, but never actually was.

July thread - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740634-thai-immigration-bureau-to-blacklist-all-overstayers-of-more-than-90-days/

Since then many have posted that they left with several years overstay, and returned to Thailand with no issue.

Edited by jspill

As said the silly overstay rule form has been around since about May or June of this year.

I appear to be one of the few people who hasn't had to sign this form (yet at any rate)! Certainly wasn't asked to do so in July when seeking my latest retirement extension at Maptaput.