When do we tell them Santa is me?

Neeranam

My oldest is 32. I still haven't told her that Santa is 'me' and my son-in-law has not told my Gransdon that Santa is he.

Even my 15-year old has been kept guessing.

Never tell them. That's my advice.

Maybe they are just not telling you

Never tell them, they will figure it out in time from other older children. The trick is to get them

to maintain the illusion for there younger siblings. Time passes quickly, kids grow up fast, no

need to spoil the wonder and magic of Christmas. biggrin.png

Put your foot in your mouth on this.. I'd just as well not lie to kids..it dampers that trust you should be building...this may have a lifetime affect and impact on her, being lied to by those you trust, misled.

What about religion? god? easter bunny? tooth fairy?

When you hand them the Mastercard bill from "Santa's Workshop"?

I remember how crushed I was in the first grade when I learned Santa wasn't real.

50+ years later, I'm still pissed off at Michael Carmelli for telling me. (Are you reading this Michael??? Thanks for stealing my childhood!)

Edited by impulse

Put your foot in your mouth on this.. I'd just as well not lie to kids..it dampers that trust you should be building...this may have a lifetime affect and impact on her, being lied to by those you trust, misled.

How can you put the topics of God and religion along with the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy?

How can you put the topics of God and religion along with the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy?

Why not ? Not everyone believes in the immaculate conception, walking on water & other such myths.

To each his own.

Cheers..... Mal.

• Like 1

Its all in the same.. hocus pocus...sant/easter bunny is to children what "god" and religion is to adults Its crap! its hocus pocus, make believe

Why not ? Not everyone believes in the immaculate conception, walking on water & other such myths.

To each his own.

Cheers..... Mal.

I see where this is going and know better to engage a thumper BUT I challenge you to watch the first part of this movie which lays it out so logically about religion...

To each his own.

Cheers..... Mal.

I see where this is going and know better to engage a thumper BUT I challenge you to watch the first part of this movie which lays it out so logically about religion...

Care to let me know what a "thumper" is ?

• Like 1

Are you trying to tell me that Santa is not real?w00t.gif

Just tell me then, who brought my new under ware yesterday?

Eeeeerm, don't know about Santa but the underwear that was left by the side of your bed was from me (forgot to put them back on).

Incidently, I think that I may have also left my toothbrush and a tube of KY, I will arange a time to pick them up later darling.

402.gif402.gif402.gif402.gif402.gif

Sicko

I was never asked by my 4 children and I don't think that most children ask directly. They usually find out from school friends - or in the case of my youngest, from her RE teacher!

If confronted directly then I rather liked this way of dealing with it:-

Several years ago, I read a New York Times piece that answered the Santa question perfectly. I knew in my bones this was destined to become the classic answer. I contacted the writer, Martha Brockenbrough, and got permission to republish her piece. First, let me set this up: Martha's daughter has figured out the truth about Santa, which "left her mother grappling with how to explain that belief." She did it with this letter:

Dear Lucy,

Thank you for your letter. You asked a very good question: "Are you Santa?"

I know you've wanted the answer to this question for a long time, and I've had to give it careful thought to know just what to say.

The answer is no. I am not Santa. There is no one Santa.

I am the person who fills your stockings with presents, though. I also choose and wrap the presents under the tree, the same way my mom did for me, and the same way her mom did for her. (And yes, Daddy helps, too.)

I imagine you will someday do this for your children, and I know you will love seeing them run down the Christmas magic stairs on Christmas morning. You will love seeing them sit under the tree, their small faces lit with Christmas lights.

This won't make you Santa, though.

Santa is bigger than any person, and his work has gone on longer than any of us have lived. What he does is simple, but it is powerful. He teaches children how to have belief in something they can't see or touch.

It's a big job, and it's an important one. Throughout your life, you will need this capacity to believe: in yourself, in your friends, in your talents, and in your family. You'll also need to believe in things you can't measure or even hold in your hand. Here, I am talking about love, that great power that will light your life from the inside out, even during its darkest, coldest moments.

Santa is a teacher, and I have been his student, and now you know the secret of how he gets down all those chimneys on Christmas Eve: he has help from all the people whose hearts he's filled with joy.

With full hearts, people like Daddy and me take our turns helping Santa do a job that would otherwise be impossible.

So, no, I am not Santa. Santa is love and magic and hope and happiness. I'm on his team, and now you are, too.

I love you and I always will.

Mama