I wish I could "thumbs down" TV entries along with "like"

KhnomKhnom

Well, think of it this way perhaps.

There is like inflation going on here.

I do it myself.

I am a like giving slut.

I often run out of my daily like quotas.

So by NOT giving a post a like, that is a softer version of dislike.

Innit?

Not really JT, if I read a post which I really like, I press the 'like' button, then maybe one or two posts further down which are very similar, I usually do not press the 'like' button, that is because I have already 'liked' it.

What is the point of giving 'likes' to all the similar opinions in that thread? We all know how easy it is to run out of 'likes'.

Yeah, well, I was being flippant. I think the forum is better off without a dislike function so that's pretty much it.

Your opinion is the final word on the matter?

The scariest part is that this is an anonymous forum yet supposedly grown ups discussing a "dislike" button.

Almost everyone here married to a hiso from good family.

Almost everyone is a businessman with extensive knowledge and experience , hence why all retired to thailand and complain about a slight currency drops

Almost everyone has so much money that they buy million baht cars almost every year for cash naturally .

Almost everyone knows thai culture and speaks fluent thai, only to run to the keyboard to seek help over silliest problems.

Who cares if someone likes or does not like your post, or if someone agrees or disagrees?

There are people who always provide useful and correct information and those who are clueless .

One can easily sort through and make up their mind

Edited by konying

Here's what I do.

I respond to the post and explain why it is rubbish.

Of course that requires thinking and communicating; but I can be old school like that.

That tends to derail threads into off-topic squabbling, though.

If that is a bad thing, then why do you do it?

I liked this idea before I disliked it.

Here is what happens here with a dislike button.

Posters who are having feuds and there are many use up all their dislikes disliking every post of their forum enemies.

Not about the posts, about the conflicts.

It's just a mess.

Next ...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, the RED button was OK, because of YOU it was taken away.

Grown up folk can live with it.......You want one sided..............YOU got it.............coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I liked this idea before I disliked it.

Here is what happens here with a dislike button.

Posters who are having feuds and there are many use up all their dislikes disliking every post of their forum enemies.

Not about the posts, about the conflicts.

It's just a mess.

Next ...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, the RED button was OK, because of YOU it was taken away.

Grown up folk can live with it.......You want one sided..............YOU got it.............coffee1.gif

Last time I checked, I'm just a member here. No more, no less.

People have been suggesting this be reinstated for years, and the management has not done it.

So don't yell at me. It's not in my power either way.

I want a ban button where posters have the right to express an opinion that another poster should be banned. This should be limited to around 200 banners, not bannees. These banners would be appointed from responsible sections of society like the military, the judiciary and the farang population of Sri Racha.

The ban button should be prominent and used for the public good.

wai.gif

Edited by Briggsy

I want a ban button where posters have the right to express an opinion that another poster should be banned. This should be limited to around 200 banners, not bannees. These banners would be appointed from responsible sections of society like the military, the judiciary and the farang population of Sri Racha.

wai.gif

Mods, can we ban Briggsy for a daft idea?

wai.gif

You're banned for a week. 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-LbP_e

wai.gif

You're banned for a week. 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-LbP_e

Ha ha, no problem, it's a badge of honor