How many foreigners wifes were not former sex workers

manxninja

If someone married a sex worker they should just own it.

Come out of the shadows. Stand up. Be counted.

If friends and family use this to make moralistic and character judgments about you, find new friends and family.

Sex workers are human beings too. If you fell in love, you don't need to justify this to anyone.

People who are arrogant enough to tell you that someone isn't worth loving are the ones who have some explaining to do, not you.

• Like 1

It really doesn't seem fair....

Seems like a man can sleep around, & nothing is said, but if a woman makes thirty five or forty mistakes she's a

tramp.'.....................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

My wife was with the same Thai man for 6 years then she dumped him because he got a new Gf. I met her after and dated her for 3 years before we married. She comes from the South and has a Masters in Accounting. She works for the Ministry of education. Her family has rubber tree farms and palm oil trees. Her salary is half of mine which is pretty darn good. Not a rich lady but surely well off. Being the youngest daughter she inherits the land and house from the family. I guess I should mention that sin sodt was refused by her and the family. She had never worked at a bar or sold her <deleted>

Edited by CharlieH

I'd be genuinely interested in what you think you're going to learn from this stupid <deleted> question really.

Congratulations,

You've mastered racist troll baiting 101

Probably that everyone lies...... If I was a betting man, I am guessing probably

about 70 % married a sex worker. Just reread all the threads that say upstanding

Thai women regard farang as dirt on their shoes. And the next farang that tells

me he married a hi-so Thai - Chinese with relatives in powerful governmental

positions, I may just bitch slap him for insulting my intelligence.....

Unless......... you showed up in Thailand speaking perfect Thai, were loaded with

money, were exceptionally charming, and then took the time and effort to move

in the right social circles. I guess then you could end with one of these rare

and desired Thai women.

I'm going to have to argue you with that. I have met a lot of Thai women who are looking for foreigners simply because they have been hurt so badly by ex Thai men. This doesn't mean there wasn't the attraction to a better life with a foreigner. After all, this women are taught to marry up in social status instead of marrying down.
  • Like 1

My wife was genuinely a trained school teacher who left uni right in the middle of the financial crisis,--Thai at Hart

I tested my future Thai wife by leaving her with a duplicate debit card when I went home to Canada to work for 6 months---redandyellow

she has 2 degrees and now works in KFC as a manager in control of European imports and exports. SHE HAS NEVER BEEN IN A BAR---Ken001

"She had never worked at a bar or sold her pussy".----thesetat1013

-----------------------------------------------

Why do all these posters feel the need to give a Bio of there wives..........??

Like hello.. your an anonymous poster --no one really knows who you are, why the need to tell us about your wife's sex life.....

this has gotta go down for the nuttiest thread of 2014................coffee1.gif

I think they are answering the OP's question by numbering off. So that's four exceptions so far. Perhaps the exceptions will prove to be the rule.

I am guessing that the OP's generalisation was only intended to apply to gentlemen married to Thai ladies. Perhaps someone would like to count the number of posters who support the OP by confirming that they married ladies of negotiable virtue

SC

I'd be genuinely interested in what you think you're going to learn from this stupid <deleted> question really.

Congratulations,

You've mastered racist troll baiting 101

Probably that everyone lies...... If I was a betting man, I am guessing probably

about 70 % married a sex worker. Just reread all the threads that say upstanding

Thai women regard farang as dirt on their shoes. And the next farang that tells

me he married a hi-so Thai - Chinese with relatives in powerful governmental

positions, I may just bitch slap him for insulting my intelligence.....

Unless......... you showed up in Thailand speaking perfect Thai, were loaded with

money, were exceptionally charming, and then took the time and effort to move

in the right social circles. I guess then you could end with one of these rare

and desired Thai women.

My estimate is 90%+.

My wife was with the same Thai man for 6 years then she dumped him because he got a new Gf. I met her after and dated her for 3 years before we married. She comes from the South and has a Masters in Accounting. She works for the Ministry of education. Her family has rubber tree farms and palm oil trees. Her salary is half of mine which is pretty darn good. Not a rich lady but surely well off. Being the youngest daughter she inherits the land and house from the family. I guess I should mention that sin sodt was refused by her and the family. She had never worked at a bar or sold her <deleted>

My sinsod dowry was 2 mil baht.

I am going to shed some light on this situation.

Human beings are polygamous by nature. Monogamy is only forced on you by society. Because of this insanity and the suppression of your real nature sex has become a commodity. So even if, even if every single woman on this planet is a former sex worker, the only thing men can do is sh@t up simply because we have done it to them.

• Like 1

I have 4 good expat mates living here in Chiang Mai. Only one was unfortunate enough to have married a 'bar girl' and he's in the process of getting a well deserved divorce. The others met their wives outside the ever present bar environment in a more traditional dating manner. As for myself I met my wife outside of Thailand. We picked Thailand as our home simply for the cost of living and taxes. BTW the friend that did end up with a 'bar girl', my now next door neighbor was up front and open about how he met his soon to be ex and what she did for a living.

I am going to shed some light on this situation.

Human beings are polygamous by nature. Monogamy is only forced on you by society. Because of this insanity and the suppression of your real nature sex has become a commodity. So even if, even if every single woman on this planet is a former sex worker, the only thing men can do is sh@t up simply because we have done it to them.

This theory is quite true; most men are not contented with one partner. However I have to disagree. As humans we have the freedom of choice, the issue here is one of self control. I would hate to think what the world would be like if we were only driven by 'what feels good'. Think of it in different terms, think of your mother or sister and how would you feel if she was being cheated on or viewed as a (former) sex worker by her chosen partner?

Good lord! I hope your joking, I didn't pay, nor was I asked too. You would have to be a complete fool to buy your wife.
  • Like 1

The truth is that very few men know whether their wife was ever a sex worker, or not. A lot of Thai women try it for short periods of time and eventually move on to something else. It is not something that they advertise.

I think in some cases you are correct however there is an old saying (for good reasons) that you can take the girl out of the bar but you cant take the bar out of the girl. This I truly believe because I have seen it too many times. A old relationship with a BG that went sour and sure enough she was back in the bar with fat old men grouping her for peanuts.... Now she is out again with another punter and my money is on her being back to the silver pole in near future, they always go back if they think they still can.

Although you certainly have a point. There are plenty of Thai women who work as sex workers who do not work in Western bars and do not act like obvious bar girls. I've known several from middle class families who have worked as singers in nightclubs and their families knew all about it, but they would go out with a man who was willing to pay the price. They did it for a year or so to put cash in the bank or pay off debts and did not act any different afterwards that I could see.

• Like 2

Good lord! I hope your joking, I didn't pay, nor was I asked too. You would have to be a complete fool to buy your wife.
I would have to agree. Paying sinsodt might be culture here but for me it's the same as buying a slave. For my wedding we made a show to the aunts and uncles our sin sort but it went into my bank the day after our wedding and this was only to appease the more distant relatives and for the tradition of the wedding walking to the house en-masse to take the woman for the wedding.
  • Like 1

he didnt buy a wife. educate yourself

It is surprising that many people posting on a forum about Thailand understand so little about the culture!

I would never marry a prostitute, where 70 yr old AIDS infected men paid her $$ to spread her legs and rape her, and give her mental horrors for the rest of her life. She could have Herpes, AIDS, HPLV1 or HPLV2.

so could any girl and aids from young men is just as dangerous as from a 70 year old, maybe more as a lot of thai men dont use condoms.. the majority of thai men frequent prostitutes so unless youre limiting yourself to guaranteed virgins youre no better off.

A guy I knew once said about a girl who I was have a problem with " you knew what she was when you met her" basically she was a bar girl and money hungry and a cheat. But he was right, you can only blame yourself if things go wrong with a relationship with a bar girl. Higher risk ... Just saying :)

It is surprising that many people posting on a forum about Thailand understand so little about the culture!

Although technically he followed thai culture paying the sinsodt. I believe it is the same as buying her. Mind you this is my opinion only coming from a country whose history is paying money for slaves. Sinsodt is given to show you have the means to support a family with the woman. Thais have twisted it into a payment to the family for their daughter. That is why so many parents keep and use the sinsodt for their own benefit. It is not supposed to be this way. So basically unless that dowry goes to the wife and children then he is paying the family for their daughter. Plain and simple

I would never marry a prostitute, where 70 yr old AIDS infected men paid her $$ to spread her legs and rape her, and give her mental horrors for the rest of her life. She could have Herpes, AIDS, HPLV1 or HPLV2.

Most prostitutes are very aware of STDs and how to prevent their transmission, probably more so than promiscuous non-professionals!

• Like 1

Although technically he followed thai culture paying the sinsodt. I believe it is the same as buying her. Mind you this is my opinion only coming from a country whose history is paying money for slaves. Sinsodt is given to show you have the means to support a family with the woman. Thais have twisted it into a payment to the family for their daughter. That is why so many parents keep and use the sinsodt for their own benefit. It is not supposed to be this way. So basically unless that dowry goes to the wife and children then he is paying the family for their daughter. Plain and simple

youre wrong, plain and simple.