How many foreigners wifes were not former sex workers

manxninja

These threads always amaze me because posters are so biased by someone's occupation. I was a lawyer for 24 years and people loved to stereotype about crooked, lying lawyers all the time. I will never do the same thing to a bar girl and some of you should adopt the same attitude. Good and bad in all 'professions'.

why only 24 years? disbarred?
Seriously, that's your response?

Does being disbarred invalidate my point?

Answer is no but really, what a loser you are.

Why would someone make an ex hooker the mother of their children????????????

There are so many nice girls in Bangkok with decent jobs looking for a guy, but most farangs are hooked on bargirls.

Personally I would steer clear of any girl that has worked in the hospitality industry before. If I were to marry one I'd definitely take one which comes from a rich family.The richer the girl is, the more unlikely it is to get divorce raped.

I guess many guys marry the person they fall in love with, irrespective of their previous occupation.

I am guessing there are a Lot of pub crawlers that come over...In their home land they might be the pub king in a familiar less "friendly" situation....They come here with old habits and mindset and are completely overmatched....including their comparison of pub females back home versus what they find here.....they are completely unprepared.....AND willing.....

Marrying an overweight 50yo divorcee who stole her last husband's home and children Vs marrying a slim 25yo prostitute.

I know which one I would choose!

or you could just stay single.

Why would you choose the prostitute ? Why is that a choice ? Why not a regular Thai girl when there are so many to choose from ?

define a "regular thai girl"..is this the reception girl from the hotel whose only goal is to "catch" a farang? Or the university girl who uses her body for extra cash? Or the beer-bar girl selling a famous beer? Or the bar girl or the stripper? Where do you make the cut-off? They all slept with other men before they met one of us. What is your obsession with hookers?
  • Like 1

Maybe the prostitute is better looking, sexier, more kind hearted, and would make a better life partner and mother?

What, a prostitute for a life partner and mother. LOL. That is why the Thais think farangs are total losers.

Life partner???????

Where do you guys get this sh_it from, most marriages these days last 7 years.

Most of us are already 60+ years old ......

I'd be happy with 5 years.

(Actually, I'd be bored after 2 years, and be looking to move on)

I'm thinking those who blather on about 'life partners' are the total losers, 'cos life ain't like that any more.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Maybe the prostitute is better looking, sexier, more kind hearted, and would make a better life partner and mother?

What, a prostitute for a life partner and mother. LOL. That is why the Thais think farangs are total losers.

Just the kind of comment I'd expect on a topic like this. Its fine to use the money sent home though isn't it?

The day I start caring about what the Thai's (or farangs for that matter) thought of me or my marriage will be a sad one. (awaiting the "was your wife a prostitute then?" comments)

:)

• Like 1

Life partner???????

Where do you guys get this sh_it from, most marriages these days last 7 years.

Most of us are already 60+ years old ......

I'd be happy with 5 years.

(Actually, I'd be bored after 2 years, and be looking to move on)

I'm thinking those who blather on about 'life partners' are the total losers, 'cos life ain't like that any more.

speak to your own failures

What an absurd question. To make your day, yes since I was a little boy I was dreaming that one day I would live in Thailand happily married with a sex worker. At least I am not a hypochrite who thinks he married a virgin.

• Like 1

I guess you've helped me to understand that the question hits a bit of a nerve for some.

Anyone prepared to actually answer it?

The question is, will you or the OP believe every single reply on here?

As much as you can believe anything you read online. But if someone's prepared to answer openly, I'm prepared to take it at face value.

I guess you've helped me to understand that the question hits a bit of a nerve for some.

As much as you can believe anything you read online. But if someone's prepared to answer openly, I'm prepared to take it at face value.

Have you not found what your looking for in the 36 pages?

Have you not found what your looking for in the 36 pages?

I only asked the question just now.

Oddly touchy responses there. I'm just curious as to whether your opinion changed when you met your partner, or whether you always felt these workers were potential wife material.

always recognized the possibilty even though it never happened.

Why would anyone grow up wanting to, or not wanting to, marry anyone from any particular career?

In any case "sex worker" is rather (and deliberately) pejorative. How about "dancer", "showgirl", "bartender", "waitress", "masseur", or "bargirl" - all are far more appropriate terms for Thailand.

• Like 1

Sex worker is appropriate when talking about those who have sex in exchange for money, surely?

It's descriptive, but most girls would understandably prefer to be referred to by their primary occupation which is most likely from the list I gave. Money, and other things like dinners, theatre trips etc, are often exchanged for sex, but it doesn't mean the person has to be a professional prostitute.

Do you actually know any girls (or boys for that matter) who work in the bars here? Your posts strongly suggest you haven't!