How many foreigners wifes were not former sex workers

manxninja

Food for thought considering the faction of farangs that stand on the moral high-ground tossing around terms like 'whore', 'prosititute', 'slut', 'hooker', etc. You come to Thailand with this preconceived notion that women who receive money for their company, and perhaps ultimately for sex, are individuals to be looked down on, degraded, and stigmatized.

Now, let's look at how Thai society has been working, long before "John" farang washed up on their doorstep and started swapping money for companionship. How many Thai men keep mai nois? What is the average social and economic status of men who maintain the up-keep of a mia noi? Obviously from the standpoint of the most high-and-mighty, self-rightious, pejorative-tossing farang on this forum, mia nois are what: Whores? Prosititutes? Sluts? Tramps? Harlots?

So, instead of spewing disparaging terms for women who make their incomes based on an exchange of womenly companionship for financial support solely on this forum, start chiming in on some of the forums frequented by wealthy, powerful, Thai men, and start referring to their minor wives and girl-friends in the fashion that you refer to the wives and girl-friends of some expats. Don't hide behind an Avatar. Tell these prosperous bankers, lawyers, 'businessmen', military officeres, and your local mafia jaopaw that their minor wives and giks are whores! "Hey, Naaipon. Mia noi kong khun bpen man ii-dtuua." Let the Thai men know what your really think about their women and their society. Call these Thai men 'kon gae sokrabrok' (dirty, old men) like you refer to some expats, especially if there is a 20 or 30 year age difference. Don't mince words. Don't cop out. Man-up you guys! Put your Western self-rightiousness on display for the elite of Thailand to see, and light it up!!!

Then enjoy the rest of your stay in the Land of Smiles.

Absolutely agree with this post. the morality of the west should not be confused with the morality of the East. Thais historically are known to be incapable of a monogamous relationship from the highest elite down to the downtrodden surfs. Basically irrespective of their education levels their Dicks run their minds. Hence Dicks run this country and it will not ever attain status within ASEAN until things change.

• Like 1

Food for thought considering the faction of farangs that stand on the moral high-ground tossing around terms like 'whore', 'prosititute', 'slut', 'hooker', etc. You come to Thailand with this preconceived notion that women who receive money for their company, and perhaps ultimately for sex, are individuals to be looked down on, degraded, and stigmatized.

Nonsense. if you say "prostitute" you are not standing on moral high ground. Pathetic

So given the choice,who would you choose if you HAD to,

the local slag,who would go with anyone back in your home

country for free,or some Issan girl who by circumstances of

of poverty and family pressure was forced to go to Bangkok

to earn a living ,its just business,few working girls I would

suspect be doing what they have to out of choice,just like

all of them are not bad people,

relax Countryman

If you had a brain, you would choose the "slag for free". Only a loser would pay a Issan prostitute. Surley there must be a other choice other than a slag or prostitute ?

Now, let's look at how Thai society has been working, long before "John" farang washed up on their doorstep and started swapping money for companionship. How many Thai men keep mai nois? What is the average social and economic status of men who maintain the up-keep of a mia noi? Obviously from the standpoint of the most high-and-mighty, self-rightious, pejorative-tossing farang on this forum, mia nois are what: Whores? Prosititutes? Sluts? Tramps? Harlots?

So, instead of spewing disparaging terms for women who make their incomes based on an exchange of womenly companionship for financial support solely on this forum, start chiming in on some of the forums frequented by wealthy, powerful, Thai men, and start referring to their minor wives and girl-friends in the fashion that you refer to the wives and girl-friends of some expats. Don't hide behind an Avatar. Tell these prosperous bankers, lawyers, 'businessmen', military officeres, and your local mafia jaopaw that their minor wives and giks are whores! "Hey, Naaipon. Mia noi kong khun bpen man ii-dtuua." Let the Thai men know what your really thinking about their women and their society. Call these Thai men 'kon gae sokrabrok' (dirty, old men) like you refer to some expats, especially if there is a 20 or 30 year age difference. Don't mince words. Don't cop out. Man-up you guys! Put your Western self-rightiousness on display for the elite of Thailand to see, and light it up!!!

It's not because those powerful Thai man don't want to hear the truth, that a mia noi isn't a prostitute by definition.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So, instead of spewing disparaging terms for women who make their incomes based on an exchange of womenly companionship for financial support solely on this forum, start chiming in on some of the forums frequented by wealthy, powerful, Thai men, and start referring to their minor wives and girl-friends in the fashion that you refer to the wives and girl-friends of some expats. Don't hide behind an Avatar. Tell these prosperous bankers, lawyers, 'businessmen', military officeres, and your local mafia jaopaw that their minor wives and giks are whores! "Hey, Naaipon. Mia noi kong khun bpen man ii-dtuua." Let the Thai men know what your really think about their women and their society. Call these Thai men 'kon gae sokrabrok' (dirty, old men) like you refer to some expats, especially if there is a 20 or 30 year age difference. Don't mince words. Don't cop out. Man-up you guys! Put your Western self-rightiousness on display for the elite of Thailand to see, and light it up!!!

Absolutely agree with this post. the morality of the west should not be confused with the morality of the East. .

Really??

So I take it the next time you're charged "farang price", you won't complain because you don't confuse Western and Eastern morality, right?

The next time your tradesman is two hours late, you won't complain because you don't confuse Western and Eastern standards of punctuality, right?

Or are you just cherry-picking the aspects of Thai tradition that happen to suit your agenda?

Many foreign men adopt your attitude because it - somewhat conveniently - helps them justify what it is they get up to with women in Thailand.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard farang men saying "it's normal to pay a Thai woman an allowance so she can support her family". Rubbish! It ISN'T normal How did she support them before?

As for that drivel on the mia noi tradition, Thai men tuck their mistresses away in an apartment on the down low with a car and they pay her an allowance . . . they very rarely marry or breed her like Freddy Farang who flounces down the road hand in hand with a tottering, mini-skirted peacock covered in what look like jail-house tattoos and carrying a fake Prada bag.

Priceless

Report back after you've found a Thai with status who supports a mia noi and you've called her a dirty, little, jail-house, tattooed whore to his face.

Yeah, all talk, opinion, and over-sized senses of self-worth, but no real cajones. None of you spewing this garbage would ever approach a Thai and refer to anyone under their patronage in a derogatory manner. Why? Unless you're completely out of touch with reality, you know the consequences. So why do ya'll think it's OK to focus on farang here? Easier targets? Low hanging fruit? Most of us who you are referring to will enjoy a bit of a rant then shrug it off.

Talk about 'Priceless'. And pathetic. Get a life and focus on something constructive. What Freddy Farang does ain't your business.

Enough. pɔɔ lɛ́ɛo. I'm outta here.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Report back after you've found a Thai with status who supports a mia noi and you've called her a dirty, little, jail-house, tattooed whore to his face.

Yeah, all talk, opinion, and over-sized senses of self-worth, but no real cajones. None of you spewing this garbage would ever approach a Thai and refer to anyone under their patronage in a derogatory manner. Why? Unless you're completely out of touch with reality, you know the consequences. So why do ya'll think it's OK to focus on farang here? Easier targets? Low hanging fruit? Most of us who you are referring to will enjoy a bit of a rant then shrug it off.

Talk about 'Priceless'. And pathetic. Get a life and focus on something constructive. What Freddy Farang does ain't your business.

Enough. pɔɔ lɛ́ɛo. I'm outta here.

What the hell are you talking about? Why would anyone go out and tell ANY guy - Thai or farang - that his wife/girlfriend/mia noi is/was a hooker?

Worse still, at the behest of what sounds like an immature playground dare by the forum equivalent of Nelson Muntz from the Simpsons?

If you can't discuss the topic maturely because some of the things said are too close to home, then go read another thread

Now, to your daft questions, yes it IS ok to focus on farang here because, in case you'd forgotten, the title of the thread is "how many FOREIGNERS wifes were not former sexworkers"

Are they easier targets? I don't know but they sure are easier to spot at Tesco, Big C and the shopping mall.

• Like 1

As I am 24 years older than my wife according to half the posts on here she must have been a sex worker,but then I met her through a business I had in BKK ,her family have never asked for or got money from me ,I did borrow 600,000 once to put in the bank for my 3 months,that was a disaster I thought the pound was going to rise but it tanked,lol, we have a 21 year old son ,we have lived here and in the west,the wife has always been a hard worker ,1st with her family business,and now as an estate agent,makes good money too, so why did she marry a guy much older than her? Was I lucky or did she secretly work in a bar?

Edited by i claudius

As I am 24 years older than my wife according to half the posts on here she must have been a sex worker,but then I met her through a business I had in BKK ,her family have never asked for or got money from me ,I did borrow 600,000 once to put in the bank for my 3 months,that was a disaster I thought the pound was going to rise but it tanked,lol, we have a 21 year old son ,we have lived here and in the west,the wife has always been a hard worker ,1st with her family business,and now as an estate agent,makes good money too, so why did she marry a guy much older than her? Was I lucky or did she secretly work in a bar?

Fatherfigure.

• Like 1

relax Countryman

You make me laugh. Hahaha.... These poor Issan girls.. With their new motorbikes, IPhones, etc .... And wanting 5,000 baht for a night. These girls are for play only! They are only interested in making money for themselves. I would bet most don't send 100 baht home a month.

I will take the non hooker any day of the week and take my chances.

Local Slag ??? maybe the ones you meet .....

• Like 1

relax Countryman

You make me laugh. Hahaha.... These poor Issan girls.. With their new motorbikes, IPhones, etc .... And wanting 5,000 baht for a night. These girls are for play only! They are only interested in making money for themselves. I would bet most don't send 100 baht home a month.

I'll take your bet!

relax Countryman

I'll take your bet!

+1.

Fatherfigure.

Maybe,I never really thought about it ,I think she was just the sort of woman,that made up her mind once she found a man she could spend her life with,the one thing that worries me is that I will die and leave her a relatively young woman, she will not even talk about it