Down low mirrors

papa al

^ Allan, I haven't used Skully but I can bet the view from the camera isn't reverted as you think. Have you ever taken a "selfy" with your phone? Or even looked at yourself on the screen with the camera pointing at you? The right and left aren't reversed and even if they were, it's something that can be easily reversed back with software, remember everything is digital now.

I never said the view from the camera was reversed, it isn't, but the mirror is. Using the two together is the problem.

The reason a reversing camera works is that you are generally looking behind you to reverse, so the both views are the same way around...and of course you have plenty of time.

Yes, I guess it is possible to reverse the camera image to match the mirror image, but doubt if they have done that, or would want to.

Edited by AllanB

I just looked at myself and my surroundings in the mirror and then looked at the same things on my phone screen with front facing camera on. Yup, the same picture. Not sure which one you said is reversed (or reversed in relation to what) but I see the same picture...

I just looked at myself and my surroundings in the mirror and then looked at the same things on my phone screen with front facing camera on. Yup, the same picture. Not sure which one you said is reversed (or reversed in relation to what) but I see the same picture...

Come on man, you look in the mirror, the image is reversed, that is why they call it a mirror image, if you look the same it is because you have symmetrical face. Wink your left eye and it will appear as your right eye in the mirror.

Start to worry if you see no reflection........................w00t.gif

But you actually prove the point of how confusing the whole thing can be, at a time when you have no time to figure it out, with some drunk, or drongo closing in from the right....or is it from the left?

Edited by AllanB

No Seedy, never heard of them before now and yes, a very valid point, but if you are using peripheral vision, which is admittedly fast and then your mirrors which you will if they are there on the bike. It must be very confusing, with one the reverse of the other and both with completely different areas of vision.

You are overthinking this.

Image to the rear appears in HUD same side as the mirror. They both are looking in the same direction.

Approach from left rear, in left mirror. Approach from right rear, in right mirror.

Same as is displayed in HUD

Simple

• Like 1

On my CBR the mirrors are mounted on the handlebars.

The right one sits farther outboard and is okay, but the left sits nearer center because of the horn/light switch.

It mostly shows a good view of my shoulder & arm.

I'm thinking of buying another to do some cutting / splicing / welding to get it out farther.

On the bar-end down low mirrors shown in OP, these are on a bike I'm maybe buying.

Built up from a 1981 Kaw GTO with 200cc Lifan 'plant, by a 15 year old kid in BKK!!

Too young to ride it legally.

I guess I could reverse them left/right and have them on top.

post-174911-0-62238300-1419937551_thumb.

No Seedy, never heard of them before now and yes, a very valid point, but if you are using peripheral vision, which is admittedly fast and then your mirrors which you will if they are there on the bike. It must be very confusing, with one the reverse of the other and both with completely different areas of vision.

Image to the rear appears in HUD same side as the mirror. They both are looking in the same direction.

Approach from left rear, in left mirror. Approach from right rear, in right mirror.

Simple

When you look behind you using a mirror the image is reversed,left appear right and right appears left. That is why they write the word Ambulance backwards on the bonnet, so you read it forwards and get out of it's way. A camera displays it as it is.

Use both and it isn't that simple..

If you don't believe me, write you name on a piece of paper, stick it on your forehead and look in the mirror.

Who cares ?

If it appears in the left mirror, it is on the left. Right mirror - right side.

Do I care that the image in the mirror shows the person driving has the steering wheel on the left side of the car ?

I have tried to explain this to you, and am met with either refusal or inability to understand.

Now taking the Pontius Pilate approach.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Simple

When you look behind you using a mirror the image is reversed,left appear right and right appears left. That is why they write the word Ambulance backwards on the bonnet, so you read it forwards and get out of it's way. A camera displays it as it is.

Use both and it isn't that simple..

If you don't believe me, write you name on a piece of paper, stick it on your forehead and look in the mirror.

My name is

OTTO.

• Like 2