Chinese tourists really cut in front of Thai at check-in, Lion Air staff say

webfact

germans use to be good at that, had it in Spain, MR and mrs german jumped the queue for the bus, on the return journey he jumped the queue again but i wouldnt let his Mrs past, until all had got on the bus and the result was all seats taken and they had to stand up all the way, i got a round of applause,

This are the quality tourists for which Thaim people begging !!

Now they have them !

And they can occupai our place,

my wife told already after experiance with manny Russ--- this days,

dont return to this places where are this people !!

buy buy Thailand !!

There are many other destinations world wide !!

I don't find Thais to bad in the worldwide scheme of things queuing-wise.

Occasional pushers in yes, but I find a loudly proclaimed "Mai soo-paap" [not polite] (sometimes accompanied by putting your goods down and leaving) makes them justifiably uncomfortable. I've had the perpetrator or staff member occasionally chase me to apologise when adopting the full on response. Equally you can get a look of disinterest or foreigner-disdain, but I always feel better myself so $od-em!

Chinese pushing in front of Thais,i thought Thais

were champions at that,I remember bank queues

before they started to use ropes and Q numbers,

it was like a rugby scrum with lots more players.

Regards worgeordie

you have obviously never been to china and are just looking to do some thai bashing.

queue behaviour in thailand, even at its very worst, has always been light years better than what you see every single day in china.

if you dont know. dont post.

I've been living here for 18 years and I've never encountered any Thais cutting in front of a line, as a matter of fact there were more instances where we insisted to give way for one another. The Chinese however, I've seen them doing this at DM and even in Chiang Mai...lucky they didn't do it to me or I'll show them the line they never want to queue on;)

You jest it happens all the time. Just the other day I was queuing at 7/11 and this tuk-tuk driver walks in grabs some cigs and arm outstretched gives them to the counter staff who serve him first. Thais have no sense of respect for others I have found in my many years living here.

You're right. I personally do get a sense that the Thais don't respect anyone who is anything but a Thai. Even amongst Thais, there is a hierarchy to follow. But having read about how the Thais think they and their country are at the centre of the universe and the level of xenophobia in this society, I can start to see from where that Thainess disrespect stems. Of course they all mask it with a small nod (albeit without looking at you) - in the case of queue-cutting or simply just being in the way. The more 'respectful' amongst them may mutter 'khor tod krub/ka'. But instead of being worked up about it, I have learned to do it like them, and just 'blend' in.

This reminds me of today at TukCom Pattaya.

The side entrance always has motorbikes to much, so TukCom now made a very narrow metal "cage" to go inside, just enough for 2 skinny or one fat person.

I was over 50% on that "cage" which is only maybe 80-120cm (30-50 inches) long.

Takes 1-2 seconds to cross it.

4 Chinese (not Thai or other Asian), started to walk and I/we had to, tight fit, between a 50-60cm (22-27 inch) width.

GUESS IT WAS TO MUCH TOO WAIT FOR A FRACTION OF A SECOND LONGER, FOR ME TO GET INSIDE.

Well Thailand invited the Russians, we know what happened, after the Chinese and other Asian countries.

They are ALL welcome, but since when are WE, Western People dogs to non-Western countries, not important anymore.

Unless the COPS need drinking money and a scam rip-off.

Guess when we came to Thailand, we gave up all human rights and decency.

For the Thais NOT monitoring this website, My name is .... Mr. Legal, unless you want money.

All foreigners in Thailand are either equally welcome or equally unwelcome. No average Thai knows, or even care where you come from. To them you're either white (farang), black (dam), Indian or Sub-continental (khaek) or Asian (esia) so to those decent Thais out there, foreign tourists are nice to have, because it means income, as long as they are respectful. To the money grubbing ones, they're just another walking ATM machine, irrespective of where they come from. But if anything, recent incidents show that Thais actually dislike Chinese more than foreigners from many other countries and it's the bad behaviour that they've seen that have led to these attitudes.

• 3 weeks later...

My little run in with Chinese tourists was at Don Muang too. I was waiting to board a plane to Chiang Mai when a large group of very noisy Chinese arrived. When boarding started they rushed to be first on. I waited as I had paid extra for the first row so I had extra leg room s was in no hurry.

When I boarded the plane the front area with the dearer seats was empty and the Chinese were towards the rear of the plane. I opened the overhead locker to stow my wife and my carry on luggage. The locker was full and so was the one on the other side. I moved down the aisle and the same thing with all the lockers I opened. No passengers underneath but lockers crammed with baggage with labels with Chinese marking. The Chinese had got on first and filled all the forward overhead lockers before retreating to their seats towards the rear of the plane.

I simply walked back to my seat and began clearing the locker above dumping the luggage on the floor. A couple of irate Chinese men raced down the aisle yelling at me. I replied in my best Aussie English questioning their ancestors mating habits.

The cabin crew had lined up behind me and were all smiles as the Chinese had to cart their luggage to the rear of the plane. I was the sole westerner on the plane but there was no doubt who the Thai crew sided with.

The Chinese will eventually catch on. Koreans used to do this a lot when outside of their country. So, too, will the Chinese eventually learn to be a little more cosmopolitan and polite. Until then, enjoy the shows they put on.

Just wondering if that will apply to claiming 80-90%of the South China Sea as sovereign territory of China?

I don't understand what's the problem with someone cutting in front of you. S/he cuts in then i do the same and take my place back. It's not worth one word not to mention an argument. I was standing in front of her or him and it's not going to change just because s/he would like it so. Who cares if she's going to miss her flight. Come earlier.

I'm sure most Chinese tourists are very respectable and behave well. But, recently, there have been a worrying number of 'incidents' involving Chinese people. I think China needs to address it.

Sorry, but no they are not. The average Chinese tourist would push the All Blacks scrum pack backwards if it meant getting to the front of the queue. thumbsup.gif

Speaking as an Englishman and as a former front row forward, (albeit only at local club level) that sir is a terrible thing to say about the All Blacks Pack!! :rolleyes::) Edited by JAG

• 2 years later...