Looking For A Good And Reliable Phone For My Wife...

lostinisaan

Wife's phone finally said goodbye and I won't put anymore money in it. I'd like to buy one, where she'll have to learn how to use the internet, as she's never using a PC and only knows how to switch one on but not off.

Also a good way that our son can show her how to use a PC, or a notebook, once she's familiar with sending e-mails and using Skype. I tried that so many times, but she's always so scared of any technology.

Would I find a relatively good one for around 4 K? Would "Telewiz" Sisaket be a good place to buy a phone? I don't want an Ipad.

We saw a Samsung, yesterday at Big-C that had quite nice features for around 4 K. I know quite some stuff about computers, but but when it comes to phones, I'm really not up to date.

I've got an old Samsung phone and really using it to make and receive phone calls. Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers-wai2.gif

I got the wife a laptop more then a year ago she never really took to it. A month ago her phone died so got her an imoble 8.3 and put the 32gig chip in it to boot. She loves it and took to it like a fish to water. Line, Messager, facebook email etc - games all her pictures and vid etc. I liked it so much getting her started I got one for myself - same moble so we are on the same page when things do come up. At any rate those were under 6k each with all that storage added on - also has the direact digital TV with an Antanna - reg. TV no internet required to use. The TV is rather limited to around town but it works. I downloaded some apps to do things like ftp between PC and the phones and can manage files for both phones painlessly - I have found them both easy to use and gotten rather hooked myself and I never really wanted a phone.facepalm.gif

PS it is running kitkat 4.4.2

Edited by RKASA

My girlfriend wanted to buy a smartphone for her sister who had never had one. She wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible. I went to LAZADA.COM and found this TELEGO W 408 ( http://www.lazada.co.th/telego-w408-blue-3g2gwi-fi-324509.html) B1690. I wasn't expecting much but the specs looked good for the price and OK for a beginner phone. Lazada has a 14 day return policy so if it was no good, I could return it.

I was surprised when I got it 5 days after ordering. Looked really good, didn't feel cheap and had decent build quality. I used it for 3 days to check it out and found it to perform all the tasks it should very well. Battery lasted all day, call quality was good both ways and wifi connectivity was excellent. The 4 1/2 inch screen was clear and bright, the rear camera took good, well exposed and focused pictures. Easily as good as any phone I've seen at more than twice the price...great first phone.

Available in white, black, blue and pink.

TELEVIZ has some great deals on AIS branded, promotional phones, great specs in the B4000 range.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

My girlfriend wanted to buy a smartphone for her sister who had never had one. She wanted to keep the cost down as much as possible. I went to LAZADA.COM and found this TELEGO W 408 ( http://www.lazada.co.th/telego-w408-blue-3g2gwi-fi-324509.html) B1690. I wasn't expecting much but the specs looked good for the price and OK for a beginner phone. Lazada has a 14 day return policy so if it was no good, I could return it.

This does look very decent for the money.

Question - does it have Google Play store installed for access to downloading and installing apps?

This does look very decent for the money.

Question - does it have Google Play store installed for access to downloading and installing apps?

Yes, it has GOOGLE PLAY as well as a good selection of other pre-installed English language apps, but not so many that it hogs too much memory. No Chinese apps like BAIDU. Not for somebody who likes action games with intensive graphics but for normal use, very adequate.

Full Android language list, including Thai.

BTW, comes with charger and USB cable, earphones, clear screen protector, a kind of flimsy flip case and a Thai only instruction pamphlet.

Edited by dddave

Judging by what i see all around me, modern technology just makes us all become more distant from each other...including families. I would give anything to see for just one more time before i leave this planet...a family on an outing together with the kids and all enjoying each others company to the fullest. You can do your emailing and let her keep the old version phone...I would rather (and my kids) my wife's face was pointing at us rather than into a mobile phone.

• Like 2

What do you want the phone for?

If it just call your girl get an OPPO...cost you about 2500 baht, She can LINE, facebook etc quite happily with this. My missus has one...works well in both Thai and Oz with wifi.

• Like 1

Check out Huawei- great value reliable phones.

Under recognised as little advertised, but are, I think, still the 3rd largest handset seller globally after Apple and Samsung.

We have bought 3 in the family-1st one over a year ago and very pleased with them. Lazada online have the ascend y511 model for under 29oo baht.

Check out Huawei- great value reliable phones.

Under recognised as little advertised, but are, I think, still the 3rd largest handset seller globally after Apple and Samsung.

We have bought 3 in the family-1st one over a year ago and very pleased with them. Lazada online have the ascend y511 model for under 29oo baht.

Totally agree with you. I will be seriously looking at them when I buy my next phone. Their new phone has a very good processor. Not sure of the price but that is an issue when I know exactly its capabilities. I have downloaded the manual just not got around to reading it yet

Talking about mobile phones is like talking about religion or politics

The phones are about deliverables. The OP wants to know which ones are good enough and can be purchased within a budget. He is not asking to know what the top of the range 'religious' purchase should be.

• Like 1

Talking about mobile phones is like talking about religion or politics

Wrong, they are just electronic gadgets, but some fanatic fanboys tend to make their own religion out of them.

One "System" even had it's own Messias (RIP), who declared a "thermonuclear war" against another "System"

facepalm.gif

Back to the topic..wink.png

Edited by Turkleton

That's interesting...because I, on the other hand, am looking for a good and reliable wife for my phone.

Would a good looking 42 year old, working at a gem shop in Bangkok do the trick? Please page me and I can get you in touch with her.