General Advise Re New Thai Girlfriend

THRG

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the useful posts. I wrote please be gentle because I did not want any abuse.

Even if you believe this to be a troll post (which it is not) then please still be polite as your answers could help others

OK, I'll play the game with you.

How many kids has she got?

She has no children

you realize she will want them. u ready for that?

Yes I am ready for children with her. I would love that. I have a nice house (rented) and enough money to support them.

I really want to settle down with this woman. I love everything about her.

I know some of this sounds crazy but all true

dude........you have GRADUATED......no need for this website unless visa questions, etc....

seems like you have made up your mind and care not what other clowns think....

so good luck to the both of you..

i have NOT graduated.......

dear TV, my gf gets 100 calls from "friends" at 4 a.m. and runs to the ATM after taking my card...should I be worried???

Something just doesn't jibe here. She's a bar girl, yet is a university grad and speaks good English. And you want to marry a prostitute.

Mr. Scott, 1 to beam up.

She graduated from University early this year. Yes she does work part time in a bar and does get bar fined. He English is perfect.

And yes you can call her a prostitute if you decide to judge her in this way

I would love to marry her and would accept everything about her

its not a matter of judging. she is what she is. and that makes it a risky proposition

Yes I am ready for children with her. I would love that. I have a nice house (rented) and enough money to support them.

I really want to settle down with this woman. I love everything about her.

I know some of this sounds crazy but all true

i know many university graduates and none speak perfect english. if your friend does., she learned it in the bar and that means she has worked in a bar for quite some time. you are heading down a very dangerous road or youre a troll.

Don't offer anything until you get to see the whites of her family's eyes.

Or I call troll.

Thank you for your reply. On my next visit we are going to see her parents for a few days. She really does seem genuine. I get regular photographs and already have many photographs of her family.

I am looking forward to meeting them.

I just don't want to loose this woman or offend the culture

I think this is a troll thread, but nevertheless, I`ll still play the game.

You probably know the score regarding these types of situations otherwise you would not have created a thread with your concerns.

Considering you are aware of the risks involved but howtever, you don`t want to lose this woman, then no advice that anyone gives will convince you that you`re a gullible fool. So wishing you good luck and please keep us up to date on your progress as a continuous warning to others of why not to become involved with gold digging women of ill repute in Thailand.

Or I call troll.

Thank you for your reply. On my next visit we are going to see her parents for a few days. She really does seem genuine. I get regular photographs and already have many photographs of her family.

You probably know the score regarding these types of situations otherwise you would not have created a thread with your concerns.

Considering you are aware of the risks involved but howtever, you don`t want to lose this woman, then no advice that anyone gives will convince you that you`re a gullible fool. So wishing you good luck and please keep us up to date on your progress as a continuous warning to others of why not to become involved with gold digging women of ill repute in Thailand.

his familiarity with the bar lingo after one short visit suggests he is a troll

Another one. 3 months met once,talk about marrying and half a million to family. "There's one born everyday" or "every minute"

We talk every day to each other. And have discussed our plans for a future together.

We discussed our eventual plans of her moving to England and she mentioned that she would need to marry first.

None of this will happen for many months. We are only discussing what we both want from the relationship.

My only concern is the dowry mentioned and parting with a large amount of money before the settlement visa was in place. This was the main reason I registered for help.

I think when I next visit her I will say no to the dowry but offer the 300,000 to her family after she has been in England for 6 months. Should be interesting to see the response.

Thank you for the helpful posts

Or I call troll.

I will keep you up to date. I know most of the bar girls are complete gold diggers. But I also believe there are some genuine nice women who only do it out of love for the family. I believe some would like to find a better and more secure life.

I only hope I have found that genuine one

Only time will tell

I will never judge her, and I will do anything to try and improve the life of both her and her family

I think when I next visit her I will say no to the dowry but offer the 300,000 to her family after she has been in England for 6 months. Should be interesting to see the response.

Now you're cooking.

I saw the question buried in the OP, but you've clarified now.

So you're playing games. Mess about like a juvenile then you're asking for trouble.

Be honest, rather than the try before you buy lark.

My estimation of you has just plummeted.

Or I call troll.

I will keep you up to date. I know most of the bar girls are complete gold diggers. But I also believe there are some genuine nice women who only do it out of love for the family. I believe some would like to find a better and more secure life.

Only time will tell

I will never judge her, and I will do anything to try and improve the life of both her and her family

if you would do anything , youd pay the dowry and build the house no questions asked.

Something just doesn't jibe here. She's a bar girl, yet is a university grad and speaks good English. And you want to marry a prostitute.

Mr. Scott, 1 to beam up.

She graduated from University early this year. Yes she does work part time in a bar and does get bar fined. He English is perfect.

This is obviously a complete and utter fishing trip of a discussion.

I would do anything for her meaning to have her in England.

But if we had problems with the visa then I would not want to part with such a large amount of money.

I would still help her financially as I believe she is genuine, trying to do the best for her family and looking for a better life

But if we had problems with the visa then I would not want to part with such a large amount of money.

I would still help her financially as I believe she is genuine, trying to do the best for her family and looking for a better life

so if she gets the visa, youll pay the dowry and build a house?

Kids are starving in Syria and Ebola still isn't beaten

Give your money to them. They need it. Please someone end this ridiculous thread

Now you're cooking.

So you're playing games. Mess about like a juvenile then you're asking for trouble.

This is reason I am asking for advise.

Would you advise offering a dowry of some description or not and if so when?

The marriage wont happen yet but I suspect when I visit the family they may mention it

Now you're cooking.

The marriage wont happen yet but I suspect when I visit the family they may mention it

you dont offer a dowry. they ask for one. and u pay it on the village wedding day.

Now you're cooking.

you dont offer a dowry. they ask for one. and u pay it on the village wedding day.

Thank you

You think she is genuine so why did you post here?

Obviously you are lying: you either doubt that she is genuine or you are a troll posting for attention.

Is she a virgin or from a good family and with prospects and thus can justify a sin sot? No, you admitted her family have no money because she has to work in a bar to take care of them. Is she a sex worker? Exactly what is the justification for a sin sot? Will the family use the sin sot for face only and then give it back, or some other scenario whereby you can measure you are marrying into a family of decency? Do you know anything about Thai culture? Apparently not.

A university graduate yet working in a bar to support the family? and with good English? Pull the other one.

This is an A, B, C of stupid foreigner gets done by a Thai gold digger (or tedious person who trolls forums).

If YOU are genuine, the truth is you are lying to yourself, not us, because you know darn well you question if she is genuine and that's why you're posted, but at the same time you've posted without having any intention of listening to what you are told. Go read a LOT of Readers Submissions on stickmanbangkok website and keep telling yourself, like hundreds before you, that "My girl is different".

20 year age gap, met in a bar on your second day, 300,000 plus £200 gbp each month exceeding 500,000 within two years... C+ troll attempt.

I am no troll. A genuine person who really likes this Thai lady.

We are not too bothered about the age difference. I know many other people married to much younger Thai women are the relationships work well

You are less bothered about the age difference, trust me..

I don't get it, you seem to be so sure about it yet you've come here and asked for guidance

That reeks of someone in denial

..and if you do genuinely want to marry this girl and you are SURE she loves you, why make a bargain with her family over the dowry(normal in thailand).. I don't get that either

if you are genuine I can't help feeling its going to end in tears

PS the first girl I met, I thought sure thing, ended in a nightmare. second girl, I understood how things worked.. so far so good, 2 plus yrs on

First rule... take your time

Edited by fish fingers

Or I call troll.

There's a fine line between respecting a girl's culture and handing over money like a fool. Why don't you spend a little more time with this girl and possibly live in TH for a bit before you start thinking about such things.

Mr. Scott, 1 to beam up.

I'm not judging. Most people are defined by the type of work they do. You're obfuscating every time someone brings up her work. You want to marry a prostitute. Didn't work out so well for Don Quixote, either. We're just giving the help you asked for.

Another one. 3 months met once,talk about marrying and half a million to family. "There's one born everyday" or "every minute"

We talk every day to each other. And have discussed our plans for a future together.

We discussed our eventual plans of her moving to England and she mentioned that she would need to marry first.

None of this will happen for many months. We are only discussing what we both want from the relationship.

My only concern is the dowry mentioned and parting with a large amount of money before the settlement visa was in place. This was the main reason I registered for help.

Thank you for the helpful posts

Most decent Isaan families would ask for a 100k dowry (to show at the wedding for the sake of face) and then give 80% back to you after.

Her family are trying to take you for a ride....1 million Baht dowry LOL! Is she a celebrity, or something!?

You are going to have nothing but problems with this. Why not just date her for 5 years and then marry??

Or I call troll.

Only time will tell