Tywais

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I am uncertain if I successfully made an appointment.

I completed everything and a brown appointment card appeared on the screen and I hit the print button but the printer failed to work. None of my efforts in the wee small hours could coax it into life.

Is it necessary for my computer to send a signal that the printing was successful for the booking to be successful? Is there any way I can check?

I kept the queue code. Will that be sufficient when I go to the appointment.?

All help gratefully received.

I completed everything and a brown appointment card appeared on the screen and I hit the print button but the printer failed to work. None of my efforts in the wee small hours could coax it into life.

Is it necessary for my computer to send a signal that the printing was successful for the booking to be successful? Is there any way I can check?

Go back to the immigration site & find your reservation slot. Hit the print link to the right on the web page. You then enter your queue code & voila you get your reservtion slip to print out.

Go back to the immigration site & find your reservation slot. Hit the print link to the right on the web page. You then enter your queue code & voila you get your reservtion slip to print out.

Magic. Thank you.

Today I went to CM Immigration, and cancelled a wrong appointment, I made for 27. July.

She just crossed it out on the schedule, they have on paper.

I doubt, it will be available again online.

Today I went to CM Immigration, and cancelled a wrong appointment, I made for 27. July.

She just crossed it out on the schedule, they have on paper.

I doubt, it will be available again online.

Sorry; but to late to edit.

If you would like to have the appointment for 27. July, then go to the office, and ask the girl at Information, if they have a free appointment that day.

If you a lucky, she will look at the "papers" and say: yes; we have a free appointment at 15:30, and you can have it.

It's worth a try!

Edited by lj cm

lj cm, as a public service, you could go online and cancel the appointment, then that would free it up for some of the waiting hordes to snap up.

Not me, BTW, my fast fingers managed to book an online slot by 00.02 a few days ago, luckily.

lj cm, as a public service, you could go online and cancel the appointment, then that would free it up for some of the waiting hordes to snap up.

Not me, BTW, my fast fingers managed to book an online slot by 00.02 a few days ago, luckily.

It is not possible to cancel the booking online.

Ah, I see that the cancellation feature seems to have disappeared. Sorry for the out-of-date suggestion, lj. In fact, the whole online queue page and the immigration website is down at the moment too, according to my browser. Maybe they're in the process of "upgrading" to IE only? ;-)

Silly me was assuming that, as my queue card says "** You need to use the Queue code to cancel the queue via the Internet. ", that it was possible to cancel online. Preposterous presumption, obviously.

Edited by CMMCB

Ah, I see that the cancellation feature seems to have disappeared. Sorry for the out-of-date suggestion, lj. In fact, the whole online queue page and the immigration website is down at the moment too, according to my browser. Maybe they're in the process of "upgrading" to IE only? ;-)

Silly me was assuming that, as my queue card says "** You need to use the Queue code to cancel the queue via the Internet. ", that it was possible to cancel online. Preposterous presumption, obviously.

As an "old" system consultant; I am not impressed by both the CM Online queue System and the general 90 days reporting System.

Not to brag; but I could have made the two Systems in two afternoons; and a lot better.

Afternoons; because I never liked to work before lunch!.

As an "old" system consultant; I am not impressed by both the CM Online queue System and the general 90 days reporting System.

Not to brag; but I could have made the two Systems in two afternoons; and a lot better.

Afternoons; because I never liked to work before lunch!.

Welcome to IT for the Department of Immigration! They definitely don't have well-qualified IT people in harness, and it is too bad. But don't say "TIT!" The universal toss-off line. There is some sophisticated IT operational in Thailand. Why the Immigration Department's efforts are so bad is a mystery, really. There is a lot of information (accurate, actually) on-line but some of it is somewhat difficult to find. That is unfortunate.

Another problem, peculiar especially to Thailand in SE asia, is the relatively poor capacity to deal with other languages, even the most universal of them, English. You would think that Immigration, of all departments, would make English proficiency a priority (as well as Chinese). It obviously doesn't, and, as a result, makes more problems for themselves and the bulk of their "customers" outside of the great numbers of adjacent cheap labor nationals from poorer countries on Thailand's borders.

Then again, how many languages do you speak and program in?

Edited by Mapguy

This makes sense. Perfectly sense. Well, perfectly Thai sense. IE will be discontinued.

From now on Windows 10 has no Internet Explorer anymore. The new browser is EDGE.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that the on-line queue system is no longer available, I get the following message:

Queue online No service Out of service

It's been down for 1 or 2 weeks now. No information on their site as to why or when it will be back.

One can only hope that it is being improved, maybe more slots per day, or more days in advance to book. The lack of posts on here seems to indicate that appointments already booked are still being honoured. There will certainly be a lot of slots available for a short time if it does come back.

It seems that the on-line queue system is no longer available, I get the following message:

Queue online

No service

Out of service

It's been down for 1 or 2 weeks now. No information on their site as to why or when it will be back.

Coinciding with the move to Promenada?

Probably an effort to do a major change reflecting redeployment of offices and officers. Wish them well. All they need are a competent programmer, web page designer, and literate linquists preferably in English and Chinese. One does wonder why Immigration makes so many problems for itself as well as others. Otherwise, keep in mind that the scope of Immigration's responsibilities is much broader than dealing with "Western" non-immigrants.

Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted.

The officer spoke good English, as did his assistant, who agreed with him. So there doesn't seem to be any case for misunderstanding.

This seems like a big step backwards to me, as they still have the same number of applications to process.

Today at the Promenada office I asked an officer about the online queue system and he said it was "closed permanently". He said there were two reasons. Since the move to the new office they had no space for more than one officer to process applications, and they had no time to process the applicants with appointments and the applicants without appointments. They had also received complaints that people were unable to get an online reservation. If you are already booked, then you will be seen at the appointed time, but no new appointments will be accepted.

The officer spoke good English, as did his assistant, who agreed with him. So there doesn't seem to be any case for misunderstanding.

This seems like a big step backwards to me, as they still have the same number of applications to process.

The mind boggles at that reasoning, doesn't it? facepalm.gif

Extra 200 potential clients per month for the agents?

Wait and see if they cancel the online 90 day reports and mail in then see if anything clicks in to place.

Based on what we have seen so far perhaps the new motto of the current incumbents is " one step backwards, one more step backwards"?

no new motto

OVER par for the course, due to the alien invasion etc etc

been stepping backwards ever since, and will continue to do so. aptly named the zoobiggrin.png

a nice evening to allsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

what about people got online meeting ? i got one in 1 september

pleease come back , i make online meeting 2 time and i got the date i want really ,

idont want go there 6 am same last year with my boy