Read this before you detox

jko

This entire article is slanted to the financial interests of the american medical association bought and propigandized a century ago by

huge corporate interests. ZERO credibility. Florine in the water, mercury in innoculations. The existing cancer industry!!! What a fraud.

Surgery, chemo, radiation. Soooooory. I am calling it Bxxx Sxxx. The only bit I found credible at all was the mention of the

mediteranian diet. (& even that was tainted by the rest of the article)The diet is in fact, a form of detox as it replaces the xxxx

in the standard western diet with wholesome foods that eventually displaces the trash... ... ...

My own personel health has turned right around by the year long detoxification process I have undergone

& the dietary changes I have made in the following year

Ten Thumbs Down... ... ...

Perhaps it is the dietary changes you have made, that improved your health.

This entire article is slanted to the financial interests of the american medical association bought and propigandized a century ago by

huge corporate interests. ZERO credibility. Florine in the water, mercury in innoculations. The existing cancer industry!!! What a fraud.

Surgery, chemo, radiation. Soooooory. I am calling it Bxxx Sxxx. The only bit I found credible at all was the mention of the

mediteranian diet. (& even that was tainted by the rest of the article)The diet is in fact, a form of detox as it replaces the xxxx

in the standard western diet with wholesome foods that eventually displaces the trash... ... ...

My own personel health has turned right around by the year long detoxification process I have undergone

Of course...if eating healthy food instead of junk food, you'll feel better. If you have a fatty liver and reduce weight, your liver will work better. All true and accepted. But it has noting to do with detox, as there are no accumulated toxins in the liver or guts.

Of course...if eating healthy food instead of junk food, you'll feel better. If you have a fatty liver and reduce weight, your liver will work better. All true and accepted. But it has noting to do with detox, as there are no accumulated toxins in the liver or guts.

I believe toxins are stored in fats, i know it works that way for animals.

• Like 1

I believe toxins are stored in fats, i know it works that way for animals.

yes true....DDT for example. But detox doesn't help. If you diet the fat away, these toxins are released into the blood stream, do some damage and will be hopefully removed.

The so-called "detox" programs indeed do not detoxify anything.

Changing to a healthier diet/life style will certainly improve health.

If the concern is chemicals such as pesticides, food additives, environmental pollutants etc accumulating in the body, the body has its own mechanisms for removing these - the key thing is to stop/minimize their ingestion and strengthen your body through healthy eating, enough sleep etc -- and let the body's own natural processes do the rest.

Colonics add nothing to this process and can be harmful. The human GI tract has its own natural cleansing mechanisms and there is nothing "natural" about enemas or colonic irrigations.

There is though recent evidence suggesting that fasting may have healthful effects, and of course many religious traditions believe it has spiritual benefit. So as long as you're not suffering from diabetes or other serious metabolic problems, fast for a short time if you like. Won't hurt, may help. (but not by "detoxifying").

Good luck trying to avoid all the chemicals, heavy metals , pollutants, EMFs etc that we are have in todays modern world.

There is a very good reason why mens sperm and testosterone levels have fallen dramatically over the last few decades and that is the environment we live in.

The body can only handle so much garbage before some sort of disease manifests itself.

• Like 1

i have read more than once that some nutients help the body to rid itself of 'poisions' or unwanted things, vit c being one of them

then there is which vit c to use, besides from foods

i read absorbic acid is NOT a good source

i read it kills good gut bacteria

i dont buy the detox theroies as i think the body does the job, however as mentioned we are bombarded nowadays

i read that organic coffee enenmas can cure some cancer, not so sure about that

and i wonder about all that amalgam in my teeth

and how it might affect me/us negatively

i can even taste it at times

SIGH

long story short, who knows?

I read the article, and sure didn't see anything in it that would benefit big Pharma or the American Medical Association, or big corporations. Since I read that article, I have read a couple of others, all saying the same thing. The body will detoxify by itself. However a healthy diet, that usually goes with these programs, is always good.

So how do you explain herxes?

If (like your article says) the body does not accumulates toxins, what are herxes?

If detox cannot do anything, then how comes you are able to control herxes within a few days of eating the right thing ?

There is no bloody magic.

Can someone explain to me how we should now call a diet which in a few days you can reverse pain in your body?

You can change the name if you like I KNOW it works, it makes the difference from pain to less pain or zero pain and for me that's worth any Guardian article

Edited by Kitsune

The body can be detoxed of heavy metals by chelation therapy and this is an accepted medical procedure. That being the case should it not be possible that there are other ways, natural ways of "detoxing"?

Just posing the question, I sit on the fence on this one but strongly suspect that the vast majority of detox diets out there do not "detox" anything.

• Like 2

That's not a scam. That's just the way it works. It doesn't even require anything special but a healthy diet, including enough natural toxin removers like fiber, white tea etc. The body detoxifies itself if you let it. What's scam about it?

I would disagree as someone who has been using Colonic irrigation for over 15 years on a regular basis. Look into the link with those who have back problems. Also the feeling for many weeks after is really noticeable. I would say to the Op, if you don't believe in it then it is your decision. However, the whole debate should be researched thoroughly, which I have done. Articles that are funded are linked to medicine I am very sceptical about, as they have an agenda. Those who use colonic irrigation regularly know the benefits. The whole medical corporation is corrupt to the core. they don't want natural or healthy procedures in place, so they can sell more of their poison (Medicine) As a big meat eater) all the chemicals in that) and also drinking crap like diet Coke, Colonics really help IMHO.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

The body can be detoxed of heavy metals by chelation therapy and this is an accepted medical procedure.

But this is only done in cases of serious heavy metal poisoning, since it has the potential for serious side effects. The only people who need a serious detox program are heroin addicts, to help break their dependency.

That being the case should it not be possible that there are other ways, natural ways of "detoxing"?

That conclusion/assumption does not necessarily follow. The natural ways of detoxing already happen in your liver and kidneys. Any other foreign material introduced into the body would, by definition, be unnatural.

What diet are you talking about exactly Kitsune? Interested to hear a bit more

The Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction happens when there is a mass die-off of bacteria or parasites in your body, accompanied by a sudden release of toxins from the aforementioned microorganisms. This provokes a strong immune reaction (allergic reaction, possibly septic shock) in the host, overwhelming the body's natural ability to remove them. Why this was brought into the discussion, I'm not quite sure.

Edited by attrayant

The Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction happens when there is a mass die-off of bacteria or parasites in your body, accompanied by a sudden release of toxins from the aforementioned microorganisms. This provokes a strong immune reaction (allergic reaction, possibly septic shock) in the host, overwhelming the body's natural ability to remove them. Why this was brought into the discussion, I'm not quite sure.

Because the article says the body does not accumulate toxins.

It's wrong herxes are accumulation of toxins

The article does not say that.

The article is aimed at the "natural" crowd who thinks that, through the course of eating ordinary everyday food, so-called "toxins" gradually accumulate in the body, and that they'll stay there causing unspecified harm until a magical "detox" is performed. The JH reaction is entirely different. It's the sudden appearance of microbial excretions due to their mass die-off. Not what the article is talking about at all. The article even clarifies:

If toxins did build up in a way your body couldn’t excrete, [...] you’d likely be dead or in need of serious medical intervention.

"In a way your body couldn't excrete" is specifically excepting things like sudden poisonings, chemical overdoses from drugs and severe allergic reactions. This is exactly what happens during a JH reaction. The body can't cope with septic shock and often medical attention is needed. If you're trying to debunk the article using JH reactions, you might as well say that being shot multiple times results in a buildup of toxic lead in your body. While technically true, it's not at all what the article is talking about.

Edited by attrayant

I would disagree as someone who has been using Colonic irrigation for over 15 years on a regular basis. Look into the link with those who have back problems. Also the feeling for many weeks after is really noticeable. I would say to the Op, if you don't believe in it then it is your decision. However, the whole debate should be researched thoroughly, which I have done. Articles that are funded are linked to medicine I am very sceptical about, as they have an agenda. Those who use colonic irrigation regularly know the benefits. The whole medical corporation is corrupt to the core. they don't want natural or healthy procedures in place, so they can sell more of their poison (Medicine) As a big meat eater) all the chemicals in that) and also drinking crap like diet Coke, Colonics really help IMHO.

The author and article isn't recommending any drugs at all, just a healthy diet and exercise, moderate alcohol intake and sleeping well. You and those like you have been brainwashed by these nut job conspiracy theory websites, you need to wean yourself off those and star thinking a little for yourself.

However we do have toxins in our bodies from things like coffee, prescription drugs (any decent doctor will tell you any medicine has a slight downside to it), illegal substances, things you may have come in contact with such has heavy metals, things in your food at an eating establishment, these are just some examples of toxins that can be in your body. Oh, don't forget beer, but that has a relatively short half life.

• 2 weeks later...

The article does not say that.

The article is aimed at the "natural" crowd who thinks that, through the course of eating ordinary everyday food, so-called "toxins" gradually accumulate in the body, and that they'll stay there causing unspecified harm until a magical "detox" is performed. The JH reaction is entirely different. It's the sudden appearance of microbial excretions due to their mass die-off. Not what the article is talking about at all. The article even clarifies:

I quote the article :

<< .....quacks and charlatans to sell a bogus treatment that allegedly detoxifies your body of toxins you’re supposed to have accumulated.” If toxins did build up in a way your body couldn’t excrete, he says, you’d likely be dead or in need of serious medical intervention.>>

Yes my body ACCUMULATES toxins that build up and produce HERXES, a VERY PAINFUL way to excrete that would rather AVOID BY DETOX, thank you very much

I see it's that pesky grammar causing problems again.

If toxins did build up

This is what's known as a hypothetical or subjunctive mood, which is a literary device for referring to something that does not happen, but talking about it as IF it did happen - that is, supposing a fictitious situation or condition to exist when in fact it does not.

So again, the article does not say the body accumulates toxins in a way that it can't naturally handle. What it says is this: whatever toxins the body does accumulate are metabolized and excreted normally/naturally via the excretory systems and secondary endocrine organs, and no artificial "detox" is needed. If somebody has problems with these organs, then they might need specialized attention to remove toxins (e.g. dialysis).

What your particular body can or cannot do, I am not in a position to say, so let's leave that little anecdote out of the discussion and focus on what the article says.

I see it's that pesky grammar causing problems again.

If toxins did build up

This is what's known as a hypothetical or subjunctive mood, which is a literary device for referring to something that does not happen, but talking about it as IF it did happen - that is, supposing a fictitious situation or condition to exist when in fact it does not.

So again, the article does not say the body accumulates toxins in a way that it can't naturally handle. What it says is this: whatever toxins the body does accumulate are metabolized and excreted normally/naturally via the excretory systems and secondary endocrine organs, and no artificial "detox" is needed. If somebody has problems with these organs, then they might need specialized attention to remove toxins (e.g. dialysis).

What your particular body can or cannot do, I am not in a position to say, so let's leave that little anecdote out of the discussion and focus on what the article says.

That's exactly what is wrong

The excretory system CAN be overloaded, putting the body in danger,people have died of just that

You're not talking about an allergic reaction or cytokine storm are you? Because that's totally different from an alleged accumulation of toxins through diet. Just want to make sure we get that out of the way.

The excretory system CAN be overloaded, putting the body in danger, people have died of just that

Just for the sake of argument, let's assume that's true. That would not be something that a magical detox could have prevented. If somebody is about to keel over due to arsenic poisoning or a build-up of methyl mercury from a lifelong tuna fish diet, a broccoli and celery smoothie with a twist of lemon or a high colonic is not going to do a darn thing about that.

I will stand corrected only when I see a coroner's report stating death by accumulation of dietary toxins, accompanied by supporting evidence from the medical literature that said condition could have been prevented/cured with a detox.

Another way to prove your point would be to identify the supposed toxin, measure its concentration in the body, perform a detox and then measure again. But as we learn from the article:

When the scientists asked for evidence behind the claims, not one of the manufacturers could define what they meant by detoxification, let alone name the toxins.

That's pretty embarrassing when a slake oil salesman can't tell you which kind of snake bite his product is meant to cure.

• Like 2