Teeth Totally Smashed In

monk213

So I have 3 top row front teeth smashed, 2 in halve and 1 basically gone. Also in my lower lip there are a few fragments embedded within my lip, can anybody give a rough guess at how much this will coat to rectify?

Cheers

Edited by monk213

I had a tooth removed for 800 baht, so x 3 = 2400 which leaves 100 baht to pick the bits out your bottom lip. Problem solved !

That is a tooth removal though, this involves rebuilding half broken teeth, surely it will be pricier?

Ridiculous question.....ask the dentist, or the second dentist, or the third dentist until you get a price and dentist you are satisfied with

I asked in case someone here has had to have a tooth or teeth rebuilt, a chipped tooth or whatever. Someone is bound to have so instead of having to wait until tomorrow I thought I would ask around.

• Like 2

My guess..... Anywhere between 15 and 30 depending on how serious the damage and which dentist you go to. I have had some work done on 1 tooth.... A very small piece needed fixing and it was over 2,000. I had it fixed twice before that for 600 each time but it didn't hold.

My guess..... Anywhere between 15 and 30 depending on how serious the damage and which dentist you go to. I have had some work done on 1 tooth.... A very small piece needed fixing and it was over 2,000. I had it fixed twice before that for 600 each time but it didn't hold.

Thanks, well here is the picture attached, as you can see the two front ones are pretty much in half, but the one next to it is gone, I may just leave that one and worry more about getting the two front done. I have heard that The Cool Smile group are pretty reliable

post-216306-0-31956200-1420361392_thumb.

Yeah ok looks like that 3rd one is gone, I am not paying half a million baht for a tooth. I am assuming those 2 will be crowns. Damn this sucks, it would not be so bad if I did not have a bottom lip full of shards, that needs sorting out first because I don't want that getting infected. Thanks guys

I made 2 crowns for 15000 K in CM a few years ago. You could also have the dentist to "build" them up for around 700 Baht per tooth, but they'll not last more than about 6-12 months. Anything else broken?

Edited by Vacuum

The two halves they may be able to do a veneer at 10k each... The one you lost will require a post or something similar to a root canal that would be 20k... So 40k total....

Don't wait as the loss of the one tooth will cause others to shift to the void and they will be weakened..

The two halves they may be able to do a veneer at 10k each... The one you lost will require a post or something similar to a root canal that would be 20k... So 40k total....

Don't wait as the loss of the one tooth will cause others to shift to the void and they will be weakened..

I am going tomorrow but have decided to go to Bangkok hospital in HH, the thing is I do not have access to that money right now because I have had to pay for a new visa and a stolen bike last month, crazy crazy luck. Someone said a crown was 7k, I guess it depends where you go

where did you get a price of Bt.500,000 for a single implant ?

My bad, that was for more than one and expensive material, 75k still, not going to happy. There is a tiny bit of tooth on the 3rd one left so maybe they can build around that instead of needing a full on implant.. I will have to wait until tomorrow but I am feeling so battered at the same time, it hurts to breathe

It costs me about a 1000 euro for each tooth when i have a bridge i think i will pay a bit more when i have an implant in March,it sounds like you will need a bridge, if the teeth are

not viable and have to be extracted you will have to wait for them to heal before they can do implants or attach a bridge to the teeth each side of the damage,it sounds like you will need a clean up and let them tell you your options.good luck.by the way thats Netherlands prices.

I had a broken tooth capped (not front) at the dental school in BKK, the whole process took 4 visits, the work was done by one of the professors there, very professional.

Sorry cant remember the cost as it was a few years ago now.

I suspect it will not be cheap and you will be asked to (have to) pay at each visit, if it is a private hospital you go to you may be asked for a deposit up front.

After seeing the pics, I am going to stick with my initial guess.... However, I think it will be a bit closer to the 30 mark. Those teeth are not worth paying to have rebuilt. They won't hold. Getting them crowned or capped is going to be the way to go.

However, I would get the shards out of your lip before anything.......

Edited by inbangkok

After seeing the pics, I am going to stick with my initial guess.... However, I think it will be a bit closer to the 30 mark. Those teeth are not worth paying to have rebuilt. They won't hold. Getting them crowned or capped is going to be the way to go.

However, I would get the shards out of your lip before anything.......

Yeah I am going to ask them to do that first thing tomorrow, it literally feels like I have diamonds stuck in my lip and I have tried taking them out myself but it hurts too much.

I fell off my bike on a dark road and my helmet has a visa, which makes things darker and missed a turning and basically just smashed my face into the floor.

I am kind of worried some are suggesting that I need a bridge and things like that, that is in the 100-200k mark

Sorry double post. But I have heard many good things about Perfect Smile on Phetsasem close to The Market Village, what would be the better choice of my situation, the hospital or this clinic?

Anybody? My girlfriend is suggesting these clinics but I am really feeling the hospital because they have drugs and if things go wrong places for yo to be treated. Plus I have read the prices are similar but the work is top notch..

Sorry double post. But I have heard many good things about Perfect Smile on Phetsasem close to The Market Village, what would be the better choice of my situation, the hospital or this clinic?

Anybody? My girlfriend is suggesting these clinics but I am really feeling the hospital because they have drugs and if things go wrong places for yo to be treated. Plus I have read the prices are similar but the work is top notch..

Hospital for the pieces being removed from the lip. The teeth rebuilding can be done at a good clinic if you wish. But definitely a hospital for the teeth stuck in the lip.

A retired Danish dentist who has lived in Hua Hin for a number of years recommended Huahin Dental Clinic which is on the Petchkasem, same side as Market Village but further south nearer to the big bend. I have terrible railings and have not had a great experience in Thailand with dentists. This dentist, Dr Warangkana, is really good and speaks great English. Check her out.

A bridge can be fixed or removable and would use adjacent teeth to attach - so if fixed about the same cost as caps (but remove teeth). I would prioritize at caps first, if tooth structure does not allow (even with post) then consider implants/caps (expensive) or bridge (less cost). Whatever you get should last a long time as not under any pressure (as long as not used to open beer bottles).