Pheu Thai politician admits he has no license from Sanrio to open Kitty resort

Lite Beer

Pheu Thai politician admits he has no license from Sanrio to open Kitty resort

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai failed candidate for Pathum Thani, Baowiew Maneejaem, admitted Sunday that he has not received any license from Sanrio to use its Hello Kitty characters to decorate his resort in Loei's Phurua district.

But he said he did not think that he would have any legal trouble. Baowiew also denied that he had opened resorts to tourists to stay although it has not been completed yet.

He said the allegations might be spread from his business rivals.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Pheu-Thai-politician-admits-he-has-no-license-from-30251161.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-04

Disney, Warner Bros, Hello Kitty, Angry birds etc etc. If lawyers from these companies came to the school I used to work out (hell, and loads of other schools in Thailand) they'd have a heart attack. Many characters were plastered all over the windows, walls, ceilings

Disney, Warner Bros, Hello Kitty, Angry birds etc etc. If lawyers from these companies came to the school I used to work out (hell, and loads of other schools in Thailand) they'd have a heart attack. Many characters were plastered all over the windows, walls, ceilings

They are just children with attitude!

I almost stopped in my tracks when my LAX-TPE flight on EVA was called and I started down the gangway...the entire freekin' Boeing 777 was decorated nose to tail in "HELLO KITTY" regalia.....I mean; who the f*kc wants to cross the Pacific Ocean in an aircraft tricked out like a first graders lunchbox?

Have to say; I really felt for the pilot....bet he doesn't post many pics of himself with his airplane on Facebook.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

I don't think their lawyers would have much interest in a non-commercial use of their trademarked characters. In the case of a Hello Kitty Hotel, the hotel operator is using the goodwill and branding developed by Sanrio and profiting from its unauthorized use. If the hotel gains a bad reputation, it would damage Sanrio's branding. This failed PTP politician is in for a world of hurt.

I almost stopped in my tracks when my LAX-TPE flight on EVA was called and I started down the gangway...the entire freekin' Boeing 777 was decorated nose to tail in "HELLO KITTY" regalia.....I mean; who the f*kc wants to cross the Pacific Ocean in an aircraft tricked out like a first graders lunchbox?

Have to say; I really felt for the pilot....bet he doesn't post many pics of himself with his airplane on Facebook.

post-9891-0-39417000-1420375164_thumb.jp

At least it was authorized/sanctioned by Hello Kitty (Sanrio). Tons of stuff sold in Thailand's markets probably isn't licensed by the copyright owners, but that never got in the way of business here in The Magic Kingdom.

I like Hello Kitty.

Mmmmmm.......you're a brave man........I'm bloody sure that I wouldn't admit to that....

You're Thai eh??

Why not? It's a good brand. Wifey and kids have decked her car out inside with HK merchandise. Never worries me when I drive it.

I saw a very fit lady at Qatar airport, in a very tight figure hugging black burqa trimmed with silver and gold lacing on the front. On the back was a very large Hello Kitty all shiny and high quality embroidery. Never seen so many men of many different nationalities gobsmacked by a mincing Hello Kitty before w00t.gif

• Like 1