PM not happy with road accident statistics

Lite Beer

This man is amazing.

He is concerned about everything that has to do with Thais well being.

And that is why the majority of Thais love him.

Carry on the good work General and don't listen to the farangs that will be quoting my post.......I will not.

At least maybe better than the garbage that came before him...

• Like 2

Replacing bikes with a cheap-n-cheerful car (as tried in India) might reduce the rate a little, but I would add a 'kill' switch that renders the car inoperable if so much as a single bulb is blown or seatbelt not done up.

Yeah I know, DREAMING but nothing wrong with thinking out loud smile.png

Edited by evadgib

put the lazy police to work enforcing the laws which are already on the books. Assign then a area each

and let them patrol that area. Give then a quota to meet with tickets, if quota does not meet what they

were assigned fire them action speaks louder than words always.

• Like 2

This man is amazing.

Carry on the good work General and don't listen to the farangs that will be quoting my post.......I will not.

he could have done more in the very beginning. He should have ordered the police to be out MORE then they were. Which up here in some parts of isan they were not out but one time.

This man is amazing.

Start counting and see hat you come up with.

• Like 1

This man is amazing.

Start counting and see hat you come up with.

Immediate past.

Being Pm for the first time you see and hear first hand the results. And if 40% for the same time period but a vast increase for the whole year! Thailand is like 1 point shy in one report as the worse in the WORLD!

If you want something done! Do not ask your own people that is the first problem! They have no idea except to continue doing surveys, studies after studies and year after year come up with the same results.

The other problem is your own officials are the problem. To fix the problem they must understand they are first the problem until you put your foot down and not allow the current process to be continue by the BIB, which is corrupt as corruption goes things will never change because there is just too much money in not doing anything!

Bring in a outside body to revamp and with all the power to educate and enforce and put anyone objecting into jail until the problem is corrected! It will never change until Thais are excluded out of the processs!

And will be doing exactly nothing to prevent it happening again and I am sure he will then be even more unhappy when the Songran slaughter on the roads begin, or will he manage to get a proper working police force organised before April, I doubt it nothing will change on the roads in Thailand as they are only number 2 on the world for road deaths if they were number 1 then the panic would set in.

If there are no moving patrols pulling dangerous drivers over and impounding their cars, ain't nothing going to change. It's a joke, a bad joke at that.

The real question should be this: Why is Thailand OK with being the 2nd most dangerous place to drive in the world? There has got to be a reason. It's working for somebody. Heck, the Insurance industry doesn't even seem to give a rip.

excess speed for road conditions, vehicle condition/load and driver capability are contributors that could be approached fairly easiely, by reducing speed limits to 100kph. then monitor speeds and write tickets/fines for amounts that hurt the wallet 2 to 5000 baht may get the attention of a few.

The National speed limit IS 90 kph so are you suggesting reducing the few highways which have 100 and 120 koh limits on some sections to 100 kph?

This man is amazing.

Agh.......the sarcasm......!

I guess the sarcasm's from you? Because he means every word of his drivel!

"If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got"... Nothing will change unless proper steps are taken, not b/s rhetoric and inane promises which include the word 'considering'

Well nothing will change as long especially thais are not willing to go by the rules of driving and respect all the other participants in traffic.

Mr. PM you have to find the right people in your country to teach them the LESSON and consistent pursuit of disregard for the rules.

Otherwise we will always have to read the same statistics and reports!

He could start to offer himself to drive the dunk home nest time.

Sorry Uber not allowed - BANNED.

The PM knows very well the causes of these horrible deaths and injuries, but his Ministry is not doing anything concrete to reduce the deaths, In my opinion, this is at the core of what is wrong with so many Ministries in LOS; everyone pontificates, gets his mug in the news then hibernates until nest year when the mayhem will return in force during the holidays, as if Thailand needs a holiday to continue this carnage. Why not do something tangible like implement drug testing for all hired drivers, mandatory vehicle inspections for brakes especially,and reduced speed limits plus another thousand Highway patrol cops who are above bribery. Stiff fines and jail time would probably serve as a deterrent, but vehicle inspections would be the first step then lower speed limits then heavy fines and jail for offenders. Get serious for a change Mr Prime Minister

What's the point? People refuse to just understand that wearing a helmet is not to prevent a fine by the plod. It is to save your life.

There is no concept of danger here. Nothing is dangerous until something bad happens.

Mai pen raaaaiii. Is ok. Have a another for the road.

Has anyone noticed that perhaps 80-90% of the "helmets" in use would be of little to no help in an accident. I went looking for a full face helmet recently and ran into a post from a farang that he had found one for B300. Someone answered and asked if he really wanted to stick his head in a B300 helmet.

Edited by Balance

What's the point? People refuse to just understand that wearing a helmet is not to prevent a fine by the plod. It is to save your life.

There is no concept of danger here. Nothing is dangerous until something bad happens.

Mai pen raaaaiii. Is ok. Have a another for the road.

Has anyone noticed that perhaps 80-90% of the "helmets" in use would be of little to no help in an accident. I went looking for a full face helmet recently and ran into a post from a farang that he had found one for B300. Someone answered and asked if he really wanted to stick his head in a B300 helmet.

Where I come from, most of these "helmets' couldn't hold a decent pasta- salad!