Trek Domane 6.9 Disc

villagefarang

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don’t like about road bikes, is not being able to walk a short ways to take a better photo. Even stepping off the road for a pee can leave the bottom of the bike shoe clogged and unable to clip in. Then you have to find a small stick and start digging the crap out of the spaces.

Which cleats are you using? If shimano, or speedplay, they have little covers that fit in your jersey that you can slide on to prevent this problem.

ad20e5d240b436c3198164f8d135e4c8.jpg

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

These look like they may work so perhaps I should look into it. Thanks.

They make covers for Look cleats too.

I scanned back to look at some of your old photos but I can't tell what type of pedal that is, Look or Shimano.

If you're not sure what to get, just take your shoes and pedals into your local shop and they should know if they have a set of covers to match. They cost about 600-700 baht at full retail.

They make covers for Look cleats too.

I scanned back to look at some of your old photos but I can't tell what type of pedal that is, Look or Shimano.

If you're not sure what to get, just take your shoes and pedals into your local shop and they should know if they have a set of covers to match. They cost about 600-700 baht at full retail.

Shimano

One thing I don’t like about road bikes, is not being able to walk a short ways to take a better photo. Even stepping off the road for a pee can leave the bottom of the bike shoe clogged and unable to clip in. Then you have to find a small stick and start digging the crap out of the spaces.

I can see me falling flat on my fleshy parts wearing those trying to walk the bike home from Sid's after too much rehydration...

Edited by StreetCowboy

So I had to find some better views to compete :-) From this morning....

ec616c8aea3ac0260229081fc578d4bb.jpg

0756f00d13304f3cd28ee96b212fefc4.jpg

8ead9852b39afd92b269fe55b80654e5.jpg

Just left my house and headed out east for about an hour before returning via a different route, about 73km and 2.5 hours of riding including stopping for much needed refreshments [emoji6]

I spray painted my bike to make it seem:

1. less desirable

2. cheaper, same thinking as #1

3. easier to be seen

4. will spray paint more later, possibly the cranks, wheels, etc....

5. no, never had a bike stolen.....2nd bike i have "defaced"

post-176136-0-80026100-1468955473_thumb.

Edited by puukao

Does seem like an over the top and silly way to "protect" your investment.

Part of the the reason I have the bike I have is because I love the way it looks, and it gets me out on my bike more.

Also if you decide later that you want to change it and sell it on, you've wiped a massive amount off the value of the bike, if indeed you could sell such a defaced bike.

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

Edited by moonoi

I spray painted my bike to make it seem:

1. less desirable

2. cheaper, same thinking as #1

3. easier to be seen

4. will spray paint more later, possibly the cranks, wheels, etc....

5. no, never had a bike stolen.....2nd bike i have "defaced"

Fair play puukao; if that's what you want to do.

It wouldn't be for me, unless I wanted to create a 'ratrod' look.

I think an opportunist thief will take the bike anyway. The more discerning type may shy away at first glance, but will probably take it for the components - so easy to clean up, part out and sell....

Edited by bobfish

• 1 month later...

I finally have some nice pics to share, I sold my TT bike and bought an aluminium bike for racing, as I'm getting in to that as I lose weight and get fitter, I don't want to crash the Colnago ;-)

So I took the new bike to Rayong with me for a first ride, Saturday was a bit wet and a 65km ride along the coast, Sunday was lovely and a shorter 25km where I went in search of a hill, which I found with an average gradient of 10% over 5km followed by a fast blast along the beach front.

2c57f9a31fd6d0f967fd8dc3552d1d5c.jpg
afb61338172acbce17709ffa0a171645.jpg
1a1fb9d32f496998ea488786efd29387.jpg
3c07a1f435d934f1ae1d6fb309fb5732.jpg
82567ca2bb2860f11af09632f1f02bfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is the aerodynamic wing handlebar to give you more downforce on the front wheel?

I actually have no idea what it's for, it is alledgedly more aerodynamic, but pretty sure my fat ass has more of an impact than a wing handlebar. Looks cool though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, moonoi said:

I actually have no idea what it's for, it is alledgedly more aerodynamic, but pretty sure my fat ass has more of an impact than a wing handlebar. Looks cool though

I agree it looks cool but it also looks like it might be a very comfortable perch for the palms of your hands when you are in the mood to sit up a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2016 at 0:02 PM, el jefe said:

It was 13° in CM this morning, a little cooler in the suburbs.

After 10 days of riding in southeastern Myanmar, I love the wonderfully cool winter weather here.

How was SE Myanmar? I am planning either Yangon- Mae Sot or Yangon- Myeik/Kawthoung it I can find accommodation. Any info most appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2016 at 8:35 PM, mikejphuket said:

How was SE Myanmar? I am planning either Yangon- Mae Sot or Yangon- Myeik/Kawthoung it I can find accommodation. Any info most appreciated. Thanks

We rode from Yangon to Moumein then almost to Dawei, then back north to Moulmein and over to Myawaddy/Mae Sot and on to Tak.

The riding out of Yangon was on roads a little too rough (well paved, just a rough, uncomfortable road surface) and there was more traffic the whole way than we expected.

Now that the borders are open and unrestricted travel is allowed, there are far too many tourists for my liking. There was nothing remote about the trip, which was disappointing. Even Ye now has more than one guesthouse. (The only nice one though has just six rooms. It's run by an American and his Burmese wife whom he met in Phuket.) Beyond Dawei, I was told by a very reliable source, it's slightly more remote but that the cycling wouldn't be very enjoyable because of endless palm plantations lining the road. There was plenty of accommodations along the way. It just depends on the level of luxury you demand.

My recommendation would be Yangon-Moulmein-Mae Sot, but make sure you have a bike that accepts 35mm tires or bigger. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

• 1 month later...

For my last run of the year I went on a Hogmanay Samosa Run to the Sentral Chapati Shop in Brickfields, Sentral.

Cycling in KL is great - I took a couple of pictures on the way home - I wanted to take one of the Sprint Highway on the way out, there was so little traffic, but I didn't fancy trying to get my phone out my backpack on the move...

Sentral Chapati Shop

161231 Sentral Chappati Shop Brickfields.jpg

Jalan Selangor, downtown KL
161231 Downtown KL - Jalan Selangor.jpg

Chateau Damansara
161231 Chateau Damansara.jpg

On 12/30/2016 at 7:39 PM, moonoi said:

To see the year out, decided to do some serious elevation (at least for me) 1106 meters of climbing.....can you guess where I went?

Moonoi, 1,100 meters qualifies as a hard day. But if you really want to do some climbing, come up to Chiang Mai and join us for a few rides. There's a weekly ride of 1200 meters of climbing, and we usually schedule a second day with anywhere from 1450 - 2500 meters of climbing. Leave the deep dish wheels home though.

Moonoi, 1,100 meters qualifies as a hard day. But if you really want to do some climbing, come up to Chiang Mai and join us for a few rides. There's a weekly ride of 1200 meters of climbing, and we usually schedule a second day with anywhere from 1450 - 2500 meters of climbing. Leave the deep dish wheels home though.

I signed up to do the Inthanon Challenge in Feb, but due to work commitments won't be able to do it. But I plan to do the Masters Tour of Chiangmai later this year (Sept I think).

5 hours ago, moonoi said:

I signed up to do the Inthanon Challenge in Feb, but due to work commitments won't be able to do it. But I plan to do the Masters Tour of Chiangmai later this year (Sept I think).

Masters Tour of CM was announced for Oct 21-24 this year but since it is always Fri - Mon, it will probably be Oct 20-23.  They're planning on changing Stage 2 from a point to point road race back to wicked hard circuit race. The course is one of my two favorite circuit races I've ever done in 30+ ears of racing. Unfortunately it's been closed to bike racing for several years. I think it's wishful thinking that they'll be able to hold the race there. I'm usually not in CM then but if they get that course back I'll make sure I plan my travel accordingly.

Too bad you can't make the Doi Inthanon race. I have several friends interested in buying an entry so they can do the event legitimately. Let me know if you're interested in selling your spot.