12 dead in attack on Paris newspaper; France goes on alert

webfact

Good to see the pictures of solidarity from the French people, it's a shame that so few of the Craven western press have the balls to publish Charlie Hedbo pictures in solidarity. Such a move might lead to the usual violent tantrums, but the sooner Muslims are expected to protest like civilized human beings the sooner they will do so and the less incentive there will be by terrorists attempting to impose their blasphemy laws through violence.

Following a phone conversation between the police and the two fugitives, they said "we want to die in martyr !"

Smells bad...

Yes, and from both news channels I'm watching the police have asked all journalists to clear out of the area and not film the special forces coming in, it appears the operation will start soon, but we won't see it live.

Extremism has and will always be a part of human civilization. It cannot be stamped out.

At best we can lessen it with more tolerance, less racism and meddling geopolitics.

When constant discontent becomes hatred it only takes a small group to lead it into fanaticism.

I wish there was a way to give this more than one like

I am humbled by your kind comment. I just returned from Paris today. I heard ambulance sirens again in the evening just to find out 2km from where I was staying in Montparnasse that another policewoman had been gunned down by automatic fire.

Sadly for all of us, humans find it much easier to hate then to have empathy and compassion.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

Following a phone conversation between the police and the two fugitives, they said "we want to die in martyr !"

Smells bad...

Too bad, a quick death is too good for them.

The police should not be releasing those conversations and giving them a voice.

• Like 2

The northern runway of CGD is reported closed ( close proximity to the siege location). Probably an abundance of caution.

Indeed, arrivals from the north of Roissy-CDG airport are interrupted for safety reasons.

The scumbags were reported to have a rocket/grenade launcher, so I guess the authorities take no chances.

Just to make this clear for all of you who are already mixing Islam with Islamist :

The guys who died in France would have spit on your face for such comments.

The guys who died hated the kind of people who mixed a minority of a group to make the whole group look bad whatever the group is.

Yes they hated religion, yes they hated the islamists, as much as they hated the israelian settlers, as much as they hated the catholic church and its wealth and secrets about children abuses by their priest.

Charb, Cabu, Wolinski, Tignous and all the staff at the Charlie Hebdo were mostly ...be ready guys.... communists or far left winged and nothing, not even such carnage would have changed their way of living.

Oh and another thing, just remember YOU are the f..ing foreigners here, and i can read a lot from you speaking about how the thais try daily to con farangs, to kill them or rob them, and still you re here.... just think of what may happen if one day two lunatics farang start to kill 12 people in Bangkok, how would you like them to react? understand the difference or just kick all of us from thailand?

What a crock! Please tell me any situation in which a couple of farangs would kill a bunch of thais in cold blood for being disrespectful to something they believed in?

It s well known that only asian and middle east people have lunatics amongst them and there is no way a farang can turn crazy in Thailand, where more than every other country the guns are banned....

Edited by aaacorp

Smells bad...

Agree, they should be humiliated by month-long trial and then get their unparolable life sentences.

Police should borrow some Russian gas.

• Like 1

Smells bad...

Agreed in part, although any death is good compared with the alternative. As much as I'd like to see them humiliated and not allowed to have their 'martyrdom', they cannot and should not be allowed to live.

• Like 1

Smells bad...

Agreed in part, although any death is good compared with the alternative. As much as I'd like to see them humiliated and not allowed to have their 'martyrdom', they cannot and should not be allowed to live.

We can only hope it's an agonisingly painful death. These lowlife deserve the worst.

Just to make this clear for all of you who are already mixing Islam with Islamist :

The guys who died in France would have spit on your face for such comments.

The guys who died hated the kind of people who mixed a minority of a group to make the whole group look bad whatever the group is.

Yes they hated religion, yes they hated the islamists, as much as they hated the israelian settlers, as much as they hated the catholic church and its wealth and secrets about children abuses by their priest.

Charb, Cabu, Wolinski, Tignous and all the staff at the Charlie Hebdo were mostly ...be ready guys.... communists or far left winged and nothing, not even such carnage would have changed their way of living.

Oh and another thing, just remember YOU are the f..ing foreigners here, and i can read a lot from you speaking about how the thais try daily to con farangs, to kill them or rob them, and still you re here.... just think of what may happen if one day two lunatics farang start to kill 12 people in Bangkok, how would you like them to react? understand the difference or just kick all of us from thailand?

What a crock! Please tell me any situation in which a couple of farangs would kill a bunch of thais in cold blood for being disrespectful to something they believed in?

It s well known that only asian and middle east people have lunatics amongst them and there is no way a farang can turn crazy in Thailand, where more than every other country the guns are banned....

Banned but easily availablegiggle.gif

Last news

1:26 p.m. The suspected shooter Montrouge to be involved in the hostage taking Vincennes door in Paris

1:25 p.m. A shooting broke out around 1:00 p.m. Vincennes city door in Paris, a shootout erupted in the south of Paris around 1:00 p.m. reported sources close to the case.

Edited by Farang two dot zero