Visa Question (English Version)

Hello,

20/09 - I got in Thailand without a visa, I got 30 Days
19/10 - I asked for a 30-day extension,
17/11 - I moved to Laos, I got Visa Entries 2x (2 + 2 Months Extensions)
17/01 - Today, I know that I have little time in Thailand (max 4 months)
But I would like to stay forever,
I have a 32000 / Month pension, I love Thai food, and I hosted for free.

What is slightly more interesting?
Return to Laos, Re-enter, exit,
and request further visa in 4 months?
And never ask for extensions?
Or use the extensions?

Comparisons: 2x 2 Month Tourist Visa :
Car 500THB + 2000 THB (2 * 1000) = 625 / Month
Comparisons: 2x 2 Month Tourist Visa + Extensions 2 Month
Car 500THB + 2000 THB (2 * 1000) + (2900 * 2) = 8300/6 = 1383 THB / Month

What solutions ?

Also, I heard that the immigration visa preferred visa clean, rather than whole pages of extensions, knowing that I will stay a long time.

Thanks

Anyone can advise what to do? I already have WP expiring this Oct. 2015, but my Non B is expiring on Jan 11, 2015. I went to immigration to request for 30 days extension while my company is working on my Visa. But I was declined, they can only extend it for 1 week. Otherwise, I need to exit again and re-apply for Visa. I'm confused what should I do. Please help.. Thank you

The best way is to get the 30 day extensions that will give you a total stay of almost 6 months. You just have to be sure you do the 2nd entry on or before the enter before date on you visa.

Immigration nor the consulate care whether you get the extension or not.

After you get the most you can out of your current visa you can go back and get another 2 entry visa.

If considered a stay for a year in your calculations will come out better when using extensions because you would need to get 3 visas verses only 2 if you get extensions.

Thank you for you reply but it sounds bit complicated for me.

Let me break it down, you mean I need to exit before Jan 11? (I have another 7 days free extension, so I can exit before Jan 18)

I will apply again for Non B to get another 3 months stay until my company finished all the required documents for the extension of my stay based on the expiration of the working permit?

Are we have the same understanding? Thank you

Thank you for you reply but it sounds bit complicated for me.

Let me break it down, you mean I need to exit before Jan 11? (I have another 7 days free extension, so I can exit before Jan 18)

I will apply again for Non B to get another 3 months stay until my company finished all the required documents for the extension of my stay based on the expiration of the working permit?

Are we have the same understanding? Thank you

I was replying to the OP about tourist visas,

You only choice if the company cannot get the paperwork together for your extension is to go out for a new single entry non-b visa. Just the same documents you had for the first one and your work permit.

Thank you for your response,

I have heard of cases of people who have not obtained the extension, or only 7 days!
The question I ask myself, is this, what is easier?

Get 3 Visa : 4 Months
3 Visa stages + 3 Border Run

(6 Steps)
Get 2 Visa 4 (+2) Month
2 Visa stages + 4 Extensions + 2 Border Run

(8 Steps)

What would you consider the most certain to get acceptances?

Edited by Love66

I have heard of cases of people who have not obtained the extension, or only 7 days!

(6 Steps)

Get 2 Visa 4 (+2) Month

(8 Steps)

I have never heard of a tourist visa 60 day entry extension being denied unless the person was from a country that cannot get them, Perhaps somebody was calling a 30 day exempt entry a tourist visa and was denied.

The extensions are much easier to do than going out for a new tourist visa plus you have to factor in the cost of the trip. visa to Laos, hotel and etc. And of course the time spent doing it.

Also you will reach the maximum number of visas (3 in most cases) they will issue back to back a lot sooner.

(6 Steps)

Get 2 Visa 4 (+2) Month

(8 Steps)

Get two double entry tourist visas. 60 + 30 days on first entry and on the second entry, 60 +30 days = 180 days and ( another 180 day with the second visa). "8 steps" is meaningless since some of those "steps" mean traveling to a border and other steps involve spending some time sitting in an immigrations office.

Immigrations is more likely to scrutinize a collection of visa exempt entries & extensions than someone who has an embassy/consulate issued visa.

But I would like to stay forever,

I have a 32000 / Month pension, I love Thai food,

Loving Thai food probably won't impress immigrations and staying long-term (not exactly "forever") is not likely if you have a verifiable income less than the minimum Baht 65,000 a month for an extension based on retirement or Baht 800,000 in a Thai bank or a combination of income and bank deposit that adds up to Baht 800,000 ... or Baht 40,000 a month for an extension based on being married to a Thai.

You can probably play around with tourist visas or ed visas, but those will involve a lot of "steps" over time and eventually some immigrations officer is bound to wonder what you're up to.

Edited by Suradit69

@Ubonjoe,

I would just like to confirm if there's any additional documents I need to bring to apply for my second Non B?

I was advised that I need to bring the social security & tax ID?

Please take note that I already have WP. The only problem is that my request to extension to stay was not expedite.

Thank you so much in advance for your reply.

Thank you.

@Ubonjoe,

I would just like to confirm if there's any additional documents I need to bring to apply for my second Non B?

I was advised that I need to bring the social security & tax ID?

Please take note that I already have WP. The only problem is that my request to extension to stay was not expedite.

Thank you so much in advance for your reply.

Thank you.

I just did a reply in another topic in reply to your post there. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/789781-extension-of-visa-to-match-expiry-of-work-permit-date/#entry8928551

It should be the same as for your first visa. But it could depend upon where you are applying.

I have to redo my calculations, and indeed, I had not considered the visa for Laos, which is mandatory (I think)
This comes back to me (Gasoline + Hotels + Visa fee) at roughly the same price in the month, so I'll opt to take advantage of extensions,
without further complicate the task.

Thanks