Mechanic Needed for Kawasaki Boss - Pattaya area

logan26

Can anybody recommend a good mechanic who either has experience of working on a Kawasaki Boss 175, or who would be capable and able to do so, in the Pattaya area. I just bought one and I want to get it checked and serviced, but I would like to know a good mechanic for future reference.

In previous posts, people were saying that the Kawasaki dealership on Sukhumvit tend to only work on newer big bikes, so are best avoided?

555... yea..

it is opposite Outlet Mall... the one at theprasit road. with Tesco Lotus next to it.

you go down along sukhumvit towards rayong and it is after PTT ( i think...lol ) and it is just after the pedastrian overhead bridge.

go there and talk to the mechanic.

then you decide... lol... i am just 'proposing' this shop....

Thanks,tmaker. I'll check it out.

Does nobody else own a Boss in Pattaya?

I did a 2008 what is your problem with it. You know if you take it to Kawasaki they have some shit hot techs that can figure out your problems . Better than any I have seen in Pattaya & very fair & have real torque wrenches & electronic testers. No Somchai Som Tum cooks.

Thanks,tmaker. I'll check it out.

Does nobody else own a Boss in Pattaya?

I did a 2008 what is your problem with it. You know if you take it to Kawasaki they have some shit hot techs that can figure out your problems . Better than any I have seen in Pattaya & very fair & have real torque wrenches & electronic testers. No Somchai Som Tum cooks.

That's what I also don't understand, why people don't go to an official dealer when one is available. They will charge about the same as Somchai around the corner and don't make use of steel wire to fix things.

• Like 1

Papa al, I will look into that one too - do you have a Boss then? Bear dog and Anthony5, I did go into Kawasaki and talk to a service guy there. He said that they could do a basic service and identify problems but they no longer deal with parts. They only get hold of parts for a new or bigger bike. Thus, he seemed to be suggesting that there would be a problem if they started dismantling, found they needed a part and don't have it.

Papa al, I will look into that one too - do you have a Boss then? Bear dog and Anthony5, I did go into Kawasaki and talk to a service guy there. He said that they could do a basic service and identify problems but they no longer deal with parts. They only get hold of parts for a new or bigger bike. Thus, he seemed to be suggesting that there would be a problem if they started dismantling, found they needed a part and don't have it.

I think that if an official kawa dealer can't get the parts anymore, there will be a no chance that Somchai can get them.

From the other side, if you know exactly which part you need, there is a small chance that one shop in Pattaya has it.

The shop is located between the traffic lights from 3rd road and Big C extra, at the corner of the alley that leads to the backside of Big C extra.

RE business referenced in post 8.

They carry a large inventory and are are a source of parts for shops all over town, including Mityon.

They likely will have your part in stock, but if not, can order.

Boss is simple technology.

Don't worry.

If your bike is running well, & okay fluids, then everything is okay.

Thai mechanics accept this but we farang tend to paranoiac with maintenance.

I know guys who change out brake pads yearly even though they are only 10% used up.

Thais think this is funny.

I know guys who change out brake pads yearly even though they are only 10% used up.

Thais think this is funny.

555 yea..

when i took delivery of my Steed , I looked into every parts that are 'to change right away'.

Battery and tires is a must ( for me )... even tho it 'looks' clean or 'good'...but you can't stick your fingers into it and even if they tell you it's OK, i'll still trust my own judgement.

Chain,sparks plugs,petrol filter,brake pads are changed, my mechanic looked at me with wide eyes...( Steed needs 4 pcs spark plugs x B500 = 2K already )

radiator cap changed,now waiting for the key Set for ignition,petrol tank cap and handle lock ( same key can be used )

ordered the radiator tubing set ( 4 pcs )

next will be the petrol pump - mine is not original - modified from car !!

so,it's up to individual..

for me, a good and safe ride is imperative.

Edited by tmaker

I've just acquired a five year old Boss (2009) and want to get all the things done that you mentioned tmaker plus a bit more - just for my own peace of mind. It's like starting afresh with a benchmark to work from: chain, battery, brakes, filters, tyres, and general servicing etc. It reassures me that I've done all I can to make it as safe and sound as I can. I won't feel comfortable until these things have been done. That's why I want to find a decent mechanic who is not retarded, so to speak. Anyway, I'll try to find the places you mentioned. Thanks again.

Logan what is the problem are you trying to address. I know the shop I traded mine in at was able to fix a un stocked part that was making the engine run like shit. Is it misfiring or not getting up to speed It will be a smog valve in the system. Easy fix hard to locate. If it is let me know have a shop that knows the fix from School of hard knocks. I got tired of the problems & changed up to a 650 ER6n & was way happy for the upgrade.

Logan 26, et al. FYI

Since we're talking about mechanics, &c:

I took my black 2008-CBR150 in to the shop today for some maintenance.

ODO~17,000km; 6,500km when acquired 8-9 months ago.
Michelin Street Pilots have 10-grand on them.
These tires have performed well for me.
I’ve ridden them in significant rain and had to apply forceful braking twice on wet, and no sliding or skidding.
They sometimes lose 2-4psi if ridden 4-5hrs in a day.
I can feel it when they get a little low.
I have slammed through some potholes but no damage, thank you Michelin Man!!
80/90 & 100/90; 2,700baht, balanced.
There is still a lot of tread left.
The mechanics list:
Take off all plastic and clean it well inside, then spray it with protectant inside only.
Remove, clean & lube or replace as needed, speedo & odo cables.
Remove and strip (for powder coat) slave cylinder pots, then rebuild.
New front master cylinder assembly.
Rebuild rear master cylinder.
All new brake lines.
Clean engine, clean everything.
Replace new 11 small bulbs in instrument panel.
Secure instrument panel.
Install loud horn.
Install (supplied) 75mm handlebar risers, then new longer cables, lines, as required.
Re-pack/ inspect all wheel, swing-arm, headset bearings.
We’ll see how all this translates into reality and I can report back the results & costs,
if anyone clicks a 'like'.
Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update post 17:

I got my CBR150 back from the shop today.

Here is a list of work done with prices for your info.
Shop bill:
Coolant 80
Castrol 10w30, 1l. 170
Rear brake cylinder rubber 120
Rear master cylinder parts 180
Front brake cyl rubber 120
New front brake master cyl assembly 1350
New instrument sub-panel, plastic 180
8 panel bulbs 80
Water pump seal 280
L engine crankcase gasket 40
R engine gasket 100
Front brake hose 400
throttle cable 150
horn 250
Labor including pull engine for soda blast; repack swing arm, headset,
both wheel bearings; remove, re-install all parts for powder coating;
spray paint exhaust pipe. 1000.
sub total 4280
Outside costs:
fab 75mm handlebar risers, stainless 1000
black heat-resist paint 200
brake fluid 100
protectant 120
1600 g baking soda 160
sub total 1580
Pattaya Powder Coating
red, 2 brake pots 400
black, muffler 800
black, R engine case 800
black, 2 handlebar risers 400
delivery charge 100
sub total 2500
GRAND TOTAL 8360
By foregoing new for rebuilt front master cylinder and
skipping cosmetic powder coating I could have saved 3800baht.
I'm ready for the next 30,000,000 meters.