What are your healthy foods for weight control issues and health in general?

Jingthing

Re aluminium in tea ...

Out of curiosity, would it make a difference, or much of a difference, in the brewing method? I cold brew - black, green, whatever I find loose-leaf. The cold brewing method gives less tannin, so less acrid taste.

If no one has come across any info on this, I'll check into it.

try this product , i have used it many times and almost all my associated are using it or cycle one month on one month off.....

Body Balance .... ( 5 herb blend) its Dynamically FreezeDried no heat in the process or crushing ...www.thaiherbsonline.com

Salt?drunk.gif

Wow.unsure.png

Not so bad in ample portions after all?crazy.gif

For years, the federal government has advised Americans that they are eating too much salt, and that this excess contributes yearly to the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

But unknown to many shoppers urged to buy foods that are “low sodium” and “low salt,” this longstanding warning has come under assault by scientists who say that typical American salt consumption is without risk.

Moreover, according to studies published in recent years by pillars of the medical community, the low levels of salt recommended by the government might actually be dangerous.

“There is no longer any valid basis for the current salt guidelines,” said Andrew Mente, a professor at McMaster University in Ontario and one of the researchers involved in a major study published last year by the New England Journal of Medicine. “So why are we still scaring people about salt?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/04/06/more-scientists-doubt-salt-is-as-bad-for-you-as-the-government-says/

Salt?drunk.gif

Wow.unsure.png

For years, the federal government has advised Americans that they are eating too much salt, and that this excess contributes yearly to the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

But unknown to many shoppers urged to buy foods that are “low sodium” and “low salt,” this longstanding warning has come under assault by scientists who say that typical American salt consumption is without risk.

Moreover, according to studies published in recent years by pillars of the medical community, the low levels of salt recommended by the government might actually be dangerous.

“There is no longer any valid basis for the current salt guidelines,” said Andrew Mente, a professor at McMaster University in Ontario and one of the researchers involved in a major study published last year by the New England Journal of Medicine. “So why are we still scaring people about salt?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/04/06/more-scientists-doubt-salt-is-as-bad-for-you-as-the-government-says/

get some decent sea salt!...to be honest i think eat a little of whatever you fancy is the way to go.I try and make sure my diet is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic.

Salt?drunk.gif

Wow.unsure.png

I learned that in university in the 1990s....but when posting no one believes....things need some time till they get mainstream...

• 2 weeks later...

Just another link to share. Hope it interests some:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/21/upshot/simple-rules-for-healthy-eating.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=0

These suggestions are also not supported by the scientific weight of rigorous randomized controlled trials, because little in nutrition is. I’ve inserted links to back them up with the available evidence. They are not “laws” and should not be treated as such. No specific nutrients will be demonized, and none will be held up as miracles. But these recommendations make sense to me, and they’ve helped me immensely.