Thailand: Number of tourists in this year's Q1 projected at 7.55 million

webfact

TAT change their numbers faster than a hoe changes her undies..

The problem is you have the TCT and the TAT, two separate government tourism bodies trying to hang onto thier little empires. Combine the two into one identity, save money and possibly get more realistic stats.

In other words replacing the Ruskies with mainland Chinese. As the Zen monk said, "Wait and see what happens next". The Chinese are already trampling over Thai culture.

Note to all Thais: your country is being sold out by your government. The governmental elite don't give a damn about you. When the crunch comes they will just fly out to their foreign investments.

Look out those folk in Chumphon, you are just about to be invaded, hope you are ready.

God are the English coming ?

No, just 20 million Chinese over 5 years. And TAT has already said they shall target Chumpon for that invasion. Ever been to Chumpon ? When I'm not at home in BKK I'm in Chumpon for several weeks each year. Long white sandy beaches, all you can hear is the shore break. All that will go and be replaced with badly behaving Chinese and their toys. There is no infrastructure to handle this and pollution will additionally change the face of this wonderful province.

P.S. Although not English myself I'll take English any day compared to the mainland Chinese. They are cultural and environmental locusts.

You also have to remember that in their "creative accounting figures", they count everyone who get's off a plane in Thailand as a "visitor", even if that person is only getting off one flight to get on another. They also count every one who make a visa border run, even if they've actually lived here for years.

Their numbers are no where near to being close, and grossly exaggerated and inflated.

But, hey, it looks good on paper.

This is correct. And after watching these figures for 25 years, it appears about half the total tourist figures reported fall into the category of "non tourists" so when you see a reported drop of 20% the actual drop in "real tourists" is more like 40%.

Sure you still see all the Bangladeshi's etc. standing in front of tailor shops touting their goods, what's missing is the customers on the sidewalks.

And then there's all the people who come for business, what's the point of going through the paperwork to get a business visa if you're only coming on a 2 day business trip (to sell cloth to the tailors etc.) when a tourist visa does the job.

A Buddhist expresses his intention of taking the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha as his refuge by repeating the following lines three times:

"I go to the Buddha for refuge.
I go to the Dharma for refuge.
I go to the Sangha for refuge."

A Buddhist expresses his intention of taking the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha as his refuge by repeating the following lines three times:

Edited by nithisa78