Delayed development among Thai children remains a threat for Thailand, an official says

webfact

the problems encountering child development in the country have been existed for over forty years. .... So what changed from 41 years ago when this problem didn't exist?

"existed for over 40 years" would imply to me that they have had the problem for at least forty years so no specific start date of the problem has been given.

Is Thailand finally come out to say they have had this problem for 40 years? So why are they trying to teach teens? Teens will not learn from a book physical, mental, or especially ethical development. They learn this from their families and their role models. Shouldn't the minister be trying to focus parents how to train this age group?

If this started or has continued for 40 years then they should focus and the root that leads the examples.

Go ahead and tell a teen not to be corrupt then do it yourself and see what the teen does in the future. He is not going to remember the book telling him not to be corrupt. He will remember how you got what you wanted by being corrupt yourself and then follow in your footsteps.

Developing approaches to stimulate development? What a joke!! The USA and UK have had those things in place for more than half a century. That includes pre-natal and post-natal as well as infant care and development.

Development starts when the child is conceived and doesn't stop.

Adults here don't accept western culture for the development of children. They don't even accept medical advancements for kids.

Can someone explain to me why, in all of the discussions about teaching ethics, no one ever mentions what role organized Buddhism should play. Or, do Thais ignore Buddhist precepts and "make merit to avoid a stop in hell in the same way are forgiven their "sins". It is true that prior to 40 yeas ago, much of the education of rural children fell to the local wats and monks. Any correlation of outcomes? Another possibility is that I am simply too naive and should not expect anyone to do anything about the issue. That's O.K. too; mai bpen rai.

Is Thailand finally come out to say they have had this problem for 40 years? So why are they trying to teach teens? Teens will not learn from a book physical, mental, or especially ethical development. They learn this from their families and their role models. Shouldn't the minister be trying to focus parents how to train this age group?

If this started or has continued for 40 years then they should focus and the root that leads the examples.

Go ahead and tell a teen not to be corrupt then do it yourself and see what the teen does in the future. He is not going to remember the book telling him not to be corrupt. He will remember how you got what you wanted by being corrupt yourself and then follow in your footsteps.

Developing approaches to stimulate development? What a joke!! The USA and UK have had those things in place for more than half a century. That includes pre-natal and post-natal as well as infant care and development.

Development starts when the child is conceived and doesn't stop.

Adults here don't accept western culture for the development of children. They don't even accept medical advancements for kids.

Can someone explain to me why, in all of the discussions about teaching ethics, no one ever mentions what role organized Buddhism should play. Or, do Thais ignore Buddhist precepts and "make merit to avoid a stop in hell in the same way are forgiven their "sins". It is true that prior to 40 yeas ago, much of the education of rural children fell to the local wats and monks. Any correlation of outcomes? Another possibility is that I am simply too naive and should not expect anyone to do anything about the issue. That's O.K. too; mai bpen rai.

Maybe because Buddhism is mostly for show now except in the rural areas.

the problems encountering child development in the country have been existed for over forty years. .... So what changed from 41 years ago when this problem didn't exist?

"existed for over 40 years" would imply to me that they have had the problem for at least forty years so no specific start date of the problem has been given.

I was being facetious, the problem has been eternal

• Like 1

I feel the root of the problem comes from the large amount of children in their informative years of development are being bought up by the Grandparents who are a generation behind the times. The kids are behind the 8 ball before any schooling starts. This just snowballs from generation to generation to end up what we have now, add a poor education system, poor role models , poor parenting and its no wonder the amount of backward thinking youth of today.