Outdoor Running

natalieee

My boyfriend has just moved to Pattaya so I will be going there to visit him on weekends. I know that Bangkok has some great parks for outdoor running, is there anything like that in Pattaya? It doesn't have to be a park but anything suitable and I don't want to run on/near the beach.

People seem to like the areas on Pratumnak hill below the Big Buddha, and the park near the Royal Cliff.

I wouldn't go there at night unless I was in a large group, though I suppose that joggers needn't carry anything of value with them.

Depends on where you will be living or how far you want to travel to find a good place but there is a great area around lake Mabrachan Dam road.

Quiet and rural and you can stay off the roads if you wish and use the forest paths and the dam road and if you go to the end of the dam road in either direction you will find roads and tracks that are safe and used by many of the marathon runners for training .

Th area around silver lake is also nice and quiet for road runners if you keep off the main drag that goes from Sukhumvit to the 331 using the many back roads to make a training circuit

There are many parks in around the dark side that have a 500mtre circuit and also some basic keep fit machinery.

There is one near to the top of Nernplabwan.

Go to the top of nernplabwan and at the temple turn right, the circuit is about 300 hundred meters on the left hand side and very popular with both Thai and farang early morning and evenning

Edited by n210mp

Well you should be running on the beach. For exercise, using up calories you get the maximum benefit when running or walking on sand. Basic physics : you are doing work on the environment when displacing the sand , as opposed to energy disapated internally on hard surface.

Edited by morrobay

Well you should be running on the beach. For exercise, using up calories you get the maximum benefit when running or walking on sand. Basic physics : you are doing work on the environment when displacing the sand , as opposed to energy disapated internally on hard surface.

looks like we are wasting out time morrowbay it would be nice if the OP was around to acknowledge our ideas