Chicken blood banned in food

webfact

Chicken blood banned in food
The Nation

30251853-01_big.JPG
File Photo

BANGKOK: -- THE LIVESTOCK Development Department (LDD) has banned the use of chicken blood as an ingredient pending a probe into which food-processing factory is responsible for many cases of Vibrio parahaemolyticus infections.

This bacteria causes food poisoning and is believed to have come from chicken blood.

"Infections reported in Chiang Mai province have been traced to a factory in Nakhon Ratchasima province, but we have to determine which one exactly," LDD deputy director-general Soravit Taneeto said yesterday.

He is confident that given the standards used by Thailand-based factories, relevant authorities will be able to trace the origin of the bacterium. V parahaemolyticus can be found in freshwater fish and at chicken farms. Aware of the risk, the Nakhon Ratchasima health office has asked that all primary schools in the province exclude chicken blood from student lunch menus.

All shops selling khao man kai (chicken and oily, flavourful rice) are also encouraged to leave chicken blood out of their recipes.

According to the Disease Control Department, 128,082 people suffered from food poisoning last year. Analyses show that of these patients, 9,132 were involved in 173 outbreaks. Of these outbreaks, 43 were related to khao man kai. All 43 of these outbreaks were reported during the last eight months of the year.

Soravit said all food sellers should understand that they need to boil chicken blood before serving it to customers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Chicken-blood-banned-in-food-30251853.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-14

• Like 1

"He is confident that given the standards used by Thailand-based factories..."

"Standards" consist of getting away with anything that will increase profits until there is a outbreak of some sickness. Then feign ignorance. promise it will never happen again,and make a few payoffs. How can they promise it will never happen again when they just said that they had no idea what was happening? Lieland at its finest.wai2.gif

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 2

Always comes with my chicken and rice. I just slide it off to the side of my plate and carry on. My wife won't touch the stuff either.

Ditto for me and the wife.

I LIKE the stuff. I eat my wife's too when we go out (she won't touch it).

time to wise up , go vegetarian.

Eat all of the herbicides and insecticides and other chemicals that are used in growing?

I'd like an Australian ribeye steak, please.

Well an Aussie ribeye may not be good enough for you, but it is for average people like myself. And you probably won't get mad cow disease from it !

We have not had to slaughter our entire stock of cattle as yet. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Vile stuff. I think I'd rather eat a turd

Been eating blood in my tom luat moo and chicken rice for years, tastes good to me.

But you go eat that turd and tell us how good it tastes.

But you go eat that turd and tell us how good it tastes...in a whiney voice

Been eating blood in my tom luat moo and chicken rice for years, tastes good to me.

Aww that bites. You're sooooo witty. clap2.gif

Aww that bites. You're sooooo witty. clap2.gif

A sphincter says what?