Air tickets with no Computer

jcgodber

Where does your friend live??? Another way is to use an internet cafe. Use your computer to book and pay online, then go to an internet cafe and print out the itinerary. Even without a printout, he'll be fine once he gets to the airport. Just show his passport and credit card.

Where does your friend live??? Another way is to use an internet cafe. Use your computer to book and pay online, then go to an internet cafe and print out the itinerary. Even without a printout, he'll be fine once he gets to the airport. Just show his passport and credit card.

I will not be with him and I have the credit card used to pay the purchase online.

To safeguard against credit/debit card fraud, the purchaser may have to show us the credit/debit card along with a valid photo ID. The time varies based on the billing address of the credit/debit card or the country of travel. If the purchaser is not traveling, they can show us their credit/debit card and ID at an airport ticket counter or another ticket office location, whichever is most convenient.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/planning-a-trip/booking-information/online-booking.html

Let him book it on your computer.

So how does he pay ? He can give me money BUT online I would have to pay with MY credit card. Once he is in line at the airport they will ask him for the credit card used to buy the ticket.

OK, so the real problem is not the computer. It's that he has no credit card. In that case he will have to use a travel agent and pay in cash.

There are a couple of ways you can do this (speaking from experience).

The first is to go through a travel agent - I recommend Flight Center because I've used them several times and have the process down with them.

Alternatively you use the same PROCESS they use but book it yourself.

What you do is that you buy the tickets on behalf of your friend. You then produce a document stating that you give permission for your card (ending in XXXX) to be used for the flights that you specifically state on the dates you state with the flyers you state. You confirm that you will not be making any charge-backs on the flight tickets. Print, date, sign, scan. Scan in your passport - with a dated signature at the bottom saying that this is your passport. Scan in both sides of the card you used with a dated signature at the bottom saying this is your card. All this into one Word document (or pdf if you have that facility) and email to your friend who then has to print it (in an internet cafe, in colour) and take it with him to the airport to fly.

Before he leaves, check him in online, it speeds the whole thing up.

Let him book it on your computer.

So how does he pay ? He can give me money BUT online I would have to pay with MY credit card. Once he is in line at the airport they will ask him for the credit card used to buy the ticket.

If he's a good and trustworthy friend, why can he not use HIS card on YOUR computer? If you clear all histories and cookies out after the booking is complete and, assuming your PC security is up to date there should be no problem. I would suggest that using an internet cafe or any other public computer is far more risky!

** EDIT ** Sorry - i missed the post above where it says he has no CC - my bad! wai2.gif Having said that, many travel agents in Thailand are pretty helpful and in your/your friend's situation that might be the easiest method - sorry again!

Edited by VBF

"credit card and passport name need to match" - they do but if you have signed, dated permission from the card holder (and their credit card and passport scans) then you can do it.

Or you can go through a travel agent who will tell you the exact same thing...

The TA I've used in Pattaya has used her card to book flights for customers after the customers have paid her cash - never had a problem.