Friendless in Seattle (pattaya)

n210mp

Just viewed your profile and all of the posts you have started and contributed to, very surprised you have no close friends. NOT!!!

Hello BBG

and of course you are right and I didn't think that you were having a go with your reply.

However and in all fairness I could argue my point on the basis that my OP was accurate in respect of "Real friends"

I have Loads of good mates and golfing , cycling buddiesas well as some nice people on the Soi where I live.

Real friends?

no not really, just two in this town and they are diamonds, the type who would put themselves out for you if you were in any sort of trouble.

• Like 1

Why are you shocked?

I wasn't shocked at all but maybe because of a recent failure where a friendship really fell apart and I was feeling sorry for myself and needing to have a rant and where best on TV

This is the place where ,if I over react or get too up myself I know that there will be someone to bring me down to ground level again

Just viewed your profile and all of the posts you have started and contributed to, very surprised you have no close friends. NOT!!!

Really? The OP has a very good ratio of posts/likes. Yours is better, which is surprising based on this offensive, sarcastic post.

Hi Tropo

and thanks for your support.

In all fairness to BBG though,I didn't think he was being offensive, just not believing that I didn't have any friends thats all.

I could be wrong about that but I think he didn't see the word "Real" just before the word friend.

• Like 1

Maybe try a more upmarket area. If your living downtown it's full of clowns.

Well I live just off Soi Siam CC about 1K from Mabrachan ATF but I do take your point and maybe its still to close to the downtownclowns!

Get a bird mate

I really enjoy your slant on life EP and especially your title, it suggests an ability to take the Pee out of yourself, I am the same way in some respects and I value this ability not to take some subjects much to seriously.

As for getting a bird, even if I had the ability to buy one, I couldn't because I love the one I have and although the temptations in sin city are more than a normal for a full bloodied man to take at times I still havnt had the inclination to completely FXXK up a wonderful relationship with the one that I have

We are talking about budgies here arnt we?

• Like 1

n210mp, on 16 Jan 2015 - 08:34, said:
ATF, on 15 Jan 2015 - 22:39, said:

Well I live just off Soi Siam CC about 1K from Mabrachan ATF but I do take your point and maybe its still to close to the downtownclowns!

Sounds like you're living around the Chicken Crossroads / Nern Plab Waan area. There are a lot of bums in that area that drink themselves stupid everyday.

I would move to somewhere around the lake if I was you. The bar scene is different up there with a healthier atmosphere.

There are more families around there and a lot of expats have lived there for a long time also you have plenty of space to walk, cycle etc.

• Like 1

I have no friends also, i just arrived !

You soon will have though TT1, just be careful and keep your back pocket sewn up and you will survive.

Seriously though, when you do first arrive here, with some people (especially like me) its normal to feel a little outside of your comfort zone and look for friends in the wrong places and this can be a definite weakness if you are unlucky enough to mix with the wrong sort of people.

Also if you are not married or already have a lady or boy friend dont allow yourself to get too deeply involved with the first person you meet from a "love" point of view

Edited by n210mp
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Get a bird mate

I really enjoy your slant on life EP and especially your title, it suggests an ability to take the Pee out of yourself, I am the same way in some respects and I value this ability not to take some subjects much to seriously.

As for getting a bird, even if I had the ability to buy one, I couldn't because I love the one I have and although the temptations in sin city are more than a normal for a full bloodied man to take at times I still havnt had the inclination to completely FXXK up a wonderful relationship with the one that I have

Good for you buddy , I don't indulge either , been with the missus for 10 years

Edited by ExPratt

n210mp, on 16 Jan 2015 - 08:34, said:
ATF, on 15 Jan 2015 - 22:39, said:

Sounds like you're living around the Chicken Crossroads / Nern Plab Waan area. There are a lot of bums in that area that drink themselves stupid everyday.

I would move to somewhere around the lake if I was you. The bar scene is different up there with a healthier atmosphere.

There are more families around there and a lot of expats have lived there for a long time also you have plenty of space to walk, cycle etc.

I call the crossroads nearest to me the "crocodile road crossroads" near to the 7/11 and TESCO , just a bit further up from Soi NPW

Fortunately I have no interest in the bars of any area, other than after a game of golf, to call in at one of the bars around the lake and dissect just what went wrong again on the golf course (Very pleasant good company and all)

I concluded my more immature pastimes, like binge drinking, smoking and drugs at an immature age or should I say when I was immature .

WE hoped to be having a move though sooner if not later especially with the present property problem in Pattaya, fancied BanSare but its becoming just another part of Pattaya (Especially now its got its own Walking street) Can you believe that they would make a Walking street in BanSare?

Good golfing and cycling conditions in that are as well.

I do like the Lake area though but feel that it is becoming too commercialized and some of the isolated places are just not too secure these days

Hello BBG

and of course you are right and I didn't think that you were having a go with your reply.

However and in all fairness I could argue my point on the basis that my OP was accurate in respect of "Real friends"

I have Loads of good mates and golfing , cycling buddiesas well as some nice people on the Soi where I live.

Real friends?

no not really, just two in this town and they are diamonds, the type who would put themselves out for you if you were in any sort of trouble.

you hit the nail... REAL is the word... I have 5 of them here in Europe and when I arrive in Thailand, I do not envisage to find any more than that (3 of which I already know...)

you only learn about REAL friends once you have problems, cause then your "buddies" will be SOOOO busy to come and help (if only listen..)...

• Like 1

If you can play golf every day and then go for a bike ride along the ocean, life is not that bad

Thats true, but if only it were true!

Limited means and because I love and mostly prefer the company of the Mrs, my golfing equates to going once every now and again to the cheap charlies golf course in Sattahip together with An Other like minded but not so poor as me Farang

The course is the one which is a closely-ish kept secret from too many other people

For those who are on a shoestring like me and are interested in a really cheap place to play golf on a fairly hard course (200B for 18 holes, no caddie ) I will divulge the whereabouts of this great little 9 holer on the side of the sea in a PM

for information purposes it is not either the cadet course at Bansare or the Navy course at Plutaluang which are both considerably more expensive

My current golfing or regular practice is at the Long range driving range near to the Tara international school and maybe I go there 3/4 times a week to keep my hand in

The ride along the ocean is in the distant future unless some one in BanSare fancies doing a swop or part ex with me up near Mabrachan,.

Until then or we sell the house my biking is all around the lovely lake mabrachan and surrounding areas

Edited by n210mp

Learn to love yourself then everyone else will fall in line.

wub.png

Just love the phrase "learn to love yourself then everyone else will fall in place"

Said by people who are mentoring or counseling people with low self esteem I think.

Maybe you could elaborate a little though and give me an insight that I may be missing with regard to why this wonderful statement should be appropriate to me?

Before you or anyone else interprets my genuine question as a reactive denial, I must admit that the phrase generally would be right for most of us at one time or another in our lives and I am really interested why you would say this to me or are you just sort of answering generally with a statement that is appropriate for most of us

Well I meant it in a general sense - something we should all learn to do.

From what you said you seem to enjoy your own company. but somehow you also say that isn't enough (friendless?)..

I enjoy being on my own, also I very much enjoy being with those I call friends and most of all my lovely family.

The answer to happiness is actually quite simple : be satisfied with what you have and what you are. Achieving and maintaining that state of mind is not so simple, but if folk were to be more satisfied with what they are, then happiness will surely follow.

If you are friends with yourself then you'll never be friendless wherever you are .

• Like 1

From what you said you seem to enjoy your own company. but somehow you also say that isn't enough (friendless?)..

I enjoy being on my own, also I very much enjoy being with those I call friends and most of all my lovely family.

The answer to happiness is actually quite simple : be satisfied with what you have and what you are. Achieving and maintaining that state of mind is not so simple, but if folk were to be more satisfied with what they are, then happiness will surely follow.

If you are friends with yourself then you'll never be friendless wherever you are .

Great answer and though I thought you meant the reply in a general way I knew you couldn't resist to answer.

As far as "friendless" is concerned perhaps I am overstating a little bit.

Maybe what I should have said is that "no man is an island" and I certainly dont want to live in that lonely state of mind and need the kind of stimulation of the grey cells that a good friend or even a good debate can give you but there is definitely a shortage of the numbers of contenders needed for "a real friend" and to sift through all the skimmers, scammers and thank you mammers, in Pattaya has got a little too much for my "Grumpy old man syndrome" to handle.

THai Visa Forum in all honesty does a great job though certainly satiates my need for a social intercourse, a great debate place, and a fantastic knowledge base.

Its also been the place from where I have actually met some of its members for an occasional social gathering, some of them who are still actually good mates and we see each other from time to time, apart from having a bit of banter now and again on here with them usually trying to cause a bit of good humoured aggravation with something that I have said ETC and of course Vice versa!

Edited by n210mp
  • Like 1

Great answer and though I thought you meant the reply in a general way I knew you couldn't resist to answer.

As far as "friendless" is concerned perhaps I am overstating a little bit.

Maybe what I should have said is that "no man is an island" and I certainly dont want to live in that lonely state of mind and need the kind of stimulation of the grey cells that a good friend or even a good debate can give you but there is definitely a shortage of the numbers of contenders needed for "a real friend" and to sift through all the skimmers, scammers and thank you mammers, in Pattaya has got a little too much for my "Grumpy old man syndrome" to handle.

THai Visa Forum in all honesty does a great job though certainly satiates my need for a social intercourse, a great debate place, and a fantastic knowledge base.

Its also been the place from where I have actually met some of its members for an occasional social gathering, some of them who are still actually good mates and we see each other from time to time, apart from having a bit of banter now and again on here with them usually trying to cause a bit of good humoured aggravation with something that I have said ETC and of course Vice versa!

I hear you brother.

• Like 1

Learn to love yourself then everyone else will fall in line.

wub.png

Just love the phrase "learn to love yourself then everyone else will fall in place"

Said by people who are mentoring or counseling people with low self esteem I think.

Maybe you could elaborate a little though and give me an insight that I may be missing with regard to why this wonderful statement should be appropriate to me?

Before you or anyone else interprets my genuine question as a reactive denial, I must admit that the phrase generally would be right for most of us at one time or another in our lives and I am really interested why you would say this to me or are you just sort of answering generally with a statement that is appropriate for most of us

Very true. Remember that song lyric "learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all". (Not love yourself like gazing in the the mirror, but liking yourself, I think a lot of people misinterpret the meaning of this song).

• Like 2

Get a bird mate

I thought he meant Cuckoos - then you can be cuckold and become a really grumpy old git. I have a mug that says that and can't understand why my Daughter bought it - another one with a sense of humour me thinks cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1