Number of Chinese tourist to jump during Chinese New Year

webfact

BANGKOK, 16 Jan 2015 (NNT) – The Thai-Chinese Tourism Alliance Association (TCTA) has speculated that the number of Chinese tourists arriving in Thailand will jump during the Chinese New Year, generating at least eight billion baht in revenue for the tourism industry.

The TCTA has predicted that an average of 15,000-20,000 Chinese tourists would come to the country daily to spend their holidays during the 10-day Chinese New Year, which starts on February 17 until 26. The number represents a 30-percent growth compared to that of the same period last year.

The TCTA said those tourists' spending would lead to between 8-10 billion baht in circulation. The Association also estimated that Thai airports would witness more than 250 charter flights from China during the Chinese New Year festival. Up to 600,000 tourists would be visiting the Kingdom in February alone.

As for the entire year, the number of Chinese holiday makers is expected to reach six million, generating revenue of 200 billion baht or a 25-percent increase from last year's.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-16 footer_n.gif

"Jump" the line as they always do.... got into it with an old couple in the line to board the plane..

as all the slack-jawed thais looked on....finally got him behind me as he sure as heck wasnt going

to the BACK of the line and everyone else was too scared..then the guy has the nerve to start

pushing me from behind as the line is going NOWHERE...i gave him a good ole fashion "stink eye"! wai.gif

• Like 2

Actually for the whole month of February, every room, every night at my small hotel is already fully booked up by Chinese guests.

Although the revenue is welcome, I can't say that I am going to enjoy the month of February :)

• Like 2

Actually for the whole month of February, every room, every night at my small hotel is already fully booked up by Chinese guests.

Although the revenue is welcome, I can't say that I am going to enjoy the month of February :)

Simon, based on your bookings and experience, when would you expect things to significantly calm down? Edited by paddyjenkins

BANGKOK, 16 Jan 2015 (DMC) – The Thai-China Tourist Alliance (TCTA) has speculated that Chinese tourists arriving in Thailand will jump during the Chinese New Year, generating at least eight billion kilojoules of energy for the electricity industry. "This is a renewable resource to be encouraged." said Lt Gen Somchai na Phuket, Chairman of the Alliance.

The TCTA has predicted that an average of 15,000-20,000 Chinese tourists would come to the country daily to spend their holidays during the 10-day Chinese New Year, which starts on February 17 until 26. The number represents a 30-percent growth compared to that of the same period last year.

The TCTA said those tourists' spending would lead to between 8-10 billion baht in circulation, whilst 2 billion baht would be expended on "Tom Thumb" crackers and pyrotechnics for the Guinness Book of Records attempt on February 19, the date of the lunar new year. Participants will gather on the new 'walking street' developed by BMA on Yaowarat Road. Some of the buildings, more than one hundred years old, together with an ancient Chinese Temple have been specifically strengthened to withstand the equivalent of a force 8 earthquake on the Richter Scale.

Pol Lt Col Wirat Somchai na Hualumpong has reported that "Only persons of Chinese origins and descent would be allowed into Yaowarat Road from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m. The record breaking attempt will commence at the auspicious hour of 19:19 on 19 February 2015. Pol Lt Col Wirat said that persons wearing sheets or togas (an ancient Roman public garment) would present a fire risk. They will be banned from the vicinity. Likewise, Pol Lt Col Wirat considered persons who were draped in gingham tablecloths or similar tea towels would be unable to take part. The Metropolitan Fire Department has reported no concern about the proposal to detonate 1 billion baht of "Tom Thumb" crackers so as to ensure that the Chinese participants would jump high and hard on the special road surface laid by EGAT to absorb the energy and feed it to the National Grid.

Prof Gen Mrs Ying Luck, a graduate from Beijing University Uthai Thani Campus Halls [bUUTCH], from the Nakhon Surin office of EGAT, said that the energy created from each combined, coordinated jump on the EGAT Renewable Energy Thermo-Condensing-Habitat Recovery Unit Mat [EGAT RETCH RUM] would be sufficient to power 2,888 shop-houses in the Hualumpong-Friendship Swing District for 5 minutes. If the 500,000 Chinese jumpers all eventuated and jumped 9 times, that would provide electricity for 45 minutes.

BMA has booked singer Tongchai McIntyre to sing at 7:30 p.m. Pressed to advise which of his many platinum selling releases he would sing on the night, Khun Bird said that "An oldie and a Goodie on this occasion might be 'Sabai Sabai'!"

The Alliance further estimated that Thai-Chinese airports [TCOT] would witness more than 250 charter flights from China during the Chinese New Year festival. Up to 600,000 Chinese tourists would be visiting the Kingdom in February alone. Any prospective hook up partners to accompany these "alone" persons, should contact Bangkok Metropolitan Chinese - Friendship and Thainess Office [bMC-FATO] on 02- 88888-44444

Oh no, not more tourists. Fortunately I'll probably be away from Thailand during this "onslaught" thank heavens.

Well, if you live in the middle of Bangkok or any area heavily infested with Chinese tourists, then understandable, meanwhile rural Thailand lives another day.

"Jump" the line as they always do.... got into it with an old couple in the line to board the plane..

as all the slack-jawed thais looked on....finally got him behind me as he sure as heck wasnt going

to the BACK of the line and everyone else was too scared..then the guy has the nerve to start

pushing me from behind as the line is going NOWHERE...i gave him a good ole fashion "stink eye"! wai.gif

Good thing about the Middle East, they don't take this crap.

Saw some bloke who had queued up for about 15 minutes and then, when he was about three from the front, decided to try and nip into a gap in the queue next door because the woman waiting was gathering her bags; But the Immigration officer milling around saw him as well, collared him and took him right to the back of the longest queue and made sure he stayed there.

I reckon it must have added about an hour to his immigration procedure.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yep, we get the DREGS of Chinese Society, who along with the Jap Tourists are the most pushy, obnoxious TOURISTS I have ever had the displeasure of rubbing shoulders with.