Yingluck 'involved in corruption'

Lite Beer

US, Europe & Japan lose huge amounts on subsidies year after year.

They put money aside for it in budgets and calculate for it. They don't call it self financing when it is costing money. If they had not put it on the balance sheet and budgeted for it it would be criminal. Just like it is here.

The PTP could not budget for it as they had already the max deficit allowable, they would have to cut other vote-buying policies then.

• Like 2

KRIS BHROMSUTHI

THE NATION

And how does that make her any different from any copper, army - navy - air force officer, politician, Sino-Thai businessmen or public servant in the history of this country?

Apply the law to all equally or continue be seen as a laughing stock because your witch hunt is indefensible and totally see through to anyone who understands the separation of powers and justice.

You are right she shouldn't be any different from any of the others you mention for if they were negligent or corrupt in their duties they should expect to be dismissed and punished.

Therefor she and any other politician should also expect to be punished for negligence or corruption.

This is not just about her it is about making a benchmark for the future in that it will tell any politician that they are not immune from being held responsible for dereliction of duty or corruption.

Whether she is has herself been involved in or benefited from corruption remains to be seen as it has as yet to go before a court.

The only laughing stock here are yourself and the others who support letting politicians get away with corruption.

• Like 1

KRIS BHROMSUTHI

THE NATION

And how does that make her any different from any copper, army - navy - air force officer, politician, Sino-Thai businessmen or public servant in the history of this country?

Apply the law to all equally or continue be seen as a laughing stock because your witch hunt is indefensible and totally see through to anyone who understands the separation of powers and justice.

You are right she shouldn't be any different from any of the others you mention for if they were negligent or corrupt in their duties they should expect to be dismissed and punished.

Therefor she and any other politician should also expect to be punished for negligence or corruption.

This is not just about her it is about making a benchmark for the future in that it will tell any politician that they are not immune from being held responsible for dereliction of duty or corruption.

Whether she is has herself been involved in or benefited from corruption remains to be seen as it has as yet to go before a court.

The only laughing stock here are yourself and the others who support letting politicians get away with corruption.

No, the reason this is happening is simple. So she cannot be involved in politics in the near future. Mark my words the next PM will not be elected, he will be self appointed....again. It will happen in the next 5 years or less and he country will be in turmoil.

I'm no fan of the Shins, but if Yingluck wants to really damage the Junta she should stay in Thailand. Putting her in jail or on trial would make her a bit of an Aung San Suu Kyi figure. If she flees to a mansion in Dubai or Beijing and is seen shopping at Chanel and Prada every day, the Junta can use this as well as the 'fugitive' factor to promote their own agenda. They can't use her when she's in jail (it would actually weaken the Junta in my opinion).

However, I doubt Yingluck has the bravery of her Burmese counterpart to follow her principles. We shall see.

• Like 2

Well it is good if they pursue legal actions as well as impeaching her. She needs to be held accountable for such huge losses to the country and from what I understand in this article they have enough proof that she contributed and benefitted from those losses as well.

They should immediately revoke her passport or she is going to follow her brother and do a runner.

Wiser heads on TV have been saying for years she has been up to her neck in this scheme

hatched by her brother. Nice to see the current government taking the same view. They

will not revoke her passport, as my opinion is they want her to do a runner. That way another

nail is put into the coffin of the Thaksin dynasty., The prospect of her coming a martyr

to the red buffaloes is removed by the fact she would not be thrown in jail, but rather would

be far away, and tainted by an endless string of charges.

At one level it is sort of sad, as she really was nothing more than a puloesppet dancing on

the strings of her brother. I personally do not believe she was smart enough to hatch

any kind of major scheme.....

"Red buffaoes" eh?

Well we know where your allegiances lie - would you object to being called a "Yellow fascist"? You being one of the wiser heads on TV and all?

red buffaloes, yellow cockroaches...

red-buffalo.jpg

• Like 1

She may well have been involved in corruption but like the others weren't?

Do the words pot kettle and black mean anything to those that want a prosecution

I think there are far more important things to worry about here than the prosecution of an ex politician

Well, this particular former PM and current politician still needs to answer on 700 billion Baht loss on her 'self-financing' scheme. I don't think she even mentioned 'my brother told me so' which would probably the most truthful answer she can give sad.png

Of course there are other things to do in Thailand as well and I fear all that may take a decade or so. I don't think though this case should be allowed to laps into 'statute of limitation reached'. Would give the wrong signal.

But letting AV off for his rice guarantee scheme costing the country 150 billion or Chuan's many disasters gives the correct signal?

Many things wrong with Thailand now and in the past. Some already past the statute of limitation.

BTW apart from that arbitrary figure you mention the Abhisit government had a price guarantee SUBSIDY which was clearly part of the National Budget. Like subsidies are normally handled.

Now here in this topic we deal with the 'self-financing' scheme called the Rice Price Pledging Schemen (RPPS for short). Even the day before the RPPS started officially the Minister of Finance said that the scheme would take 440 billion Baht but that would be recovered through the sale of rice. 'self-financing', no need to make reservations in the National Budget, that would only increase the deficit. The 'self-financing' scheme costs the State and therefore the Thai tax payer 700 billion Baht. So try to get some answers. How could this happen, why were all warnings ignored, or down talked?

KRIS BHROMSUTHI

THE NATION

but ... but ... but the others ...

So, we start with this. The 'self-financing' RPPS which cost the State 700 billion Baht. Till now Ms. Yingluck seems very reluctant to answers questions. Almost as if she doesn't have answers related to those questions. Almost as if indeed she either negligent or guilty as hell.

red buffaloes, yellow cockroaches...

red-buffalo.jpg

I see a red buffaloe, but not a yellow cockroach.

Anyway, we still have to wait for answers from Ms. Yingluck. With 35 questions that makes one costing 20 billion Baht.

See the nation is really showing it's allegiance to the yellow dem junta coalition .

No need for attitude adjustment with them it's always been there and they just keep churning out bias articles which sends the yellow dems into a zombie like feeding frenzy.

Won't help at election time though!

if you think their will be an election your more naive than brainwashed Issan

Or at least this time they have thankfully learnt from 2006 and I hope and believe they wont maker same mistake and this time once and for all put total paid to Taksin his vile clan and rest of them

And dont give me that democracy claptrap BS. Hitler was elected as was saddam and rest. Thailand is simply not ready for democracy and wont be until uneducated majority actually understand what it means and cant be bought y 500 baht or head of villages say so or vile red shirt thug intimidation

Well done Suphet for at last putting with help vile would be dictator in his place.

And dont for i minute think the people will rise up. They wont since vast majority are total cowards

Their will probably be some form of bloodbath but then as before it will all settle down as normal

See the nation is really showing it's allegiance to the yellow dem junta coalition .

No need for attitude adjustment with them it's always been there and they just keep churning out bias articles which sends the yellow dems into a zombie like feeding frenzy.

Won't help at election time though!

if you think their will be an election your more naive than brainwashed Issan

Or at least this time they have thankfully learnt from 2006 and I hope and believe they wont maker same mistake and this time once and for all put total paid to Taksin his vile clan and rest of them

And dont give me that democracy claptrap BS. Hitler was elected as was saddam and rest. Thailand is simply not ready for democracy and wont be until uneducated majority actually understand what it means and cant be bought y 500 baht or head of villages say so or vile red shirt thug intimidation

Well done Suphet for at last putting with help vile would be dictator in his place.

And dont for i minute think the people will rise up. They wont since vast majority are total cowards

Their will probably be some form of bloodbath but then as before it will all settle down as normal

Who is Suphet?

• Like 1

Well it is good if they pursue legal actions as well as impeaching her. She needs to be held accountable for such huge losses to the country and from what I understand in this article they have enough proof that she contributed and benefitted from those losses as well.

They should immediately revoke her passport or she is going to follow her brother and do a runner.

So Suthep and Herr Leader should be charged with the loss to the country from tourist revenue? It was done with deliberation and full understanding of the consequences to the country, right? The Elite, who have been the ones to benefit from these actions should also be held accountable too, right?

Edited by Alwyn

So Suthep and Herr Leader should be charged with the loss to the country from tourist revenue? It was done with deliberation and full understanding of the consequences to the country, right? The Elite, who have been the ones to benefit from these actions should also be held accountable too, right?
Why not if they misled the country and failed to do anything about the corruption or if they never attended any of their meetings as the head.

Ohh I'm sorry! Maybe you were just trying to be facetious in your reply to make other TV members argue with your comment against Suthep and your Elite heheee.

Why not if they misled the country and failed to do anything about the corruption or if they never attended any of their meetings as the head.

Ohh I'm sorry! Maybe you were just trying to be facetious in your reply to make other TV members argue with your comment against Suthep and your Elite heheee.

Nope, I was serious. They misled the country. In fact, lied to the country. Suthep wanted the government to step fown so fresh elections could be held. Government stepped down and Suthep violently stopped the elections so there could be a coup. Prayuth told everybody he has ne desire to be PM. Then elected himself PM. Elections promised 2015. Now 2016. It'll never happen. In the meantime the tourist industry is down the toilet. Prayuth is putting his cronies in the top government positions and forbade freedom of speech. All of this has cost the country billions of baht. I could go on but you get my drift. They should be impeached too. But that will never happen as he will write laws into the consitution absolving himself and all of his mates from being charged should a democratic process every happen again in Thailand.

Only an idiot could argue with that. You've come to the right place.

never-argue-with-stupid-people.jpg

• Like 2

Nope, I was serious. They misled the country. In fact, lied to the country. Suthep wanted the government to step fown so fresh elections could be held. Government stepped down and Suthep violently stopped the elections so there could be a coup. Prayuth told everybody he has ne desire to be PM. Then elected himself PM. Elections promised 2015. Now 2016. It'll never happen. In the meantime the tourist industry is down the toilet. Prayuth is putting his cronies in the top government positions and forbade freedom of speech. All of this has cost the country billions of baht. I could go on but you get my drift. They should be impeached too. But that will never happen as he will write laws into the consitution absolving himself and all of his mates from being charged should a democratic process every happen again in Thailand.

Only an idiot could argue with that. You've come to the right place.

never-argue-with-stupid-people.jpg

Good advice there, looks like Yingluck followed it

These Junta clowns are repeating their 2006 failure. They have silenced all opposition voices with their guns and oppression and now idiotically believe that the dearth of criticism of their ridiculously biased actions is proof of their correctness and vast public support - idiots one and all. This right wing extremist joke is hurtling inevitably towards its deserved demise

"Examples need to be set that those who commit wrong will be punished, so no future leaders dare repeat these actions. This will create sustainable reconciliation," the NACC member said.

- Does this line of thinking apply to the Army leaders and the coups they continually inflict upon the nation? Selective justice is no justice at all!

Reconciliation cannot be forced by one side onto the other at the barrel of a gun.

What nonsense! Where have guns been used to silence people? Where is the Army on the streets? Barricades? Armed vehicles?

It was Prayut who commenced paying the rice farmers within 3 days of taking over; not the Yingluck Gov't...they allowed graft & corruption to occur to the tune of Billions of baht.

Wicha's comment that you quoted is correct;Thai people are entitled to have those who have wronged them, to be punished....that's natural justice!!

Agree: your only correct statement is in the last line...."Reconciliation cannot be forced by one side onto the other at the barrel of a gun."

You may not have heard of this - though it was a long time ago. Dig into the rich soil of Thailand and there are a lot of bloody ghosts in it's recent past. The army have killed far more ofit's own people than ever a foreign enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Drum_killings

Edited by beautifulthailand99

She did nothing illegal…where is the corruption?

The red shirt mantra "We dun nuffink rong." In a similar vein, the PTP mantra "We wuz elected."

When evidence of wrongdoing presented, repeat louder.

Edited by halloween
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

People should be able to see "right from wrong" and once facts are clarified to the public.

So after endless years of depriving the vast majority of normal Thai people adequate education and a full history of lies and corruption from all sides, military and governmental they now believe that all these people are going to understand the in's and out's of the country's constitutional procedures, then all walk away in agreement she is at fault completely. WRONG

As far as the people are concerned they will see it as they have always known it and this will be collective bullying in destroying the woman and all her supporters in an attempt to remove this element from being involved in any democratic process the near future may hold.

It is quite clear that these people can not win over the vast majority of this country through democracy. Only dictatorial measures such as these will have any chance of success. She is out of the picture and the country is at ease. Why stir up trouble? Maybe they think a war on the people will be the best road to take.

How on earth is this a war on the people?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

KRIS BHROMSUTHI
THE NATION

No, the reason this is happening is simple. So she cannot be involved in politics in the near future. Mark my words the next PM will not be elected, he will be self appointed....again. It will happen in the next 5 years or less and he country will be in turmoil.

And you might be surprised how many Thai people are saying they would be quite happy for the good general to remain pm for a much extended time to be able to get reforms solidly I place.

She did nothing illegal…where is the corruption?

The red shirt mantra "We dun nuffink rong." In a similar vein, the PTP mantra "We wuz elected."

When evidence of wrongdoing presented, repeat louder.

You forgot ;

But Suthep............

But the Junta.....................

These Junta clowns are repeating their 2006 failure. They have silenced all opposition voices with their guns and oppression and now idiotically believe that the dearth of criticism of their ridiculously biased actions is proof of their correctness and vast public support - idiots one and all. This right wing extremist joke is hurtling inevitably towards its deserved demise

"Examples need to be set that those who commit wrong will be punished, so no future leaders dare repeat these actions. This will create sustainable reconciliation," the NACC member said.

- Does this line of thinking apply to the Army leaders and the coups they continually inflict upon the nation? Selective justice is no justice at all!

Reconciliation cannot be forced by one side onto the other at the barrel of a gun.

I cannot agree that the 'junta' has 'silenced all apposition with their guns and oppression'. There is no evidence of 'oppression' and that in fact the military have been rather 'lenient' with people who called themselves 'democrats' without understanding the meaning of the word and who were probably much closer to the kind of dictatorship that Thaksin was trying to impose than any democratic ideal. I haven't seen guns out on the street. What I have seen and experienced is a massive sigh of relief amongst good Thai people that Thaksin's clowns have had to back pedal. When I read Amnesty's report of torture and so on, there is no evidence of this. Talk about oppression - then talk about the vile regimes in places such as North Korea, some middle east countries and so on. When people post such blanket condemnation without recourse to the facts, I sense that ideology - rather than pure factual expression - is at the root of the post.

So I guess you missed the posts and news articles that when people express their view that is different to the allowed view these people are taken off to camps for "attitude adjustments" and do you recall the banning of reading certain books in public, how about a three finger salute or even watching a certain movie? and wearing a t-shirt with the word freedom on it, No oppression you say? no silencing of opposition? I guess you also missed the blocking TV stations, radio stations, internet web sights, and if some one makes a comment on the internet and another person clicks the like button then they are in trouble also.

By the way, Thailand and North Korea and China are enjoying grater relations both aren't exactly free and fair politically now are they.

You really don't live here do you? or maybe time for a new pair of rose colored glasses?

Cheerswhistling.gif

Edited by aussieinthailand
  • Like 1

Suthep wanted the government to resign. They didn't resign.

US, Europe & Japan lose huge amounts on subsidies year after year.

They put money aside for it in budgets and calculate for it. They don't call it self financing when it is costing money. If they had not put it on the balance sheet and budgeted for it it would be criminal. Just like it is here.

The PTP could not budget for it as they had already the max deficit allowable, they would have to cut other vote-buying policies then.

PTP hoped that it would be self funded. Many governments around the world have also lost huge amounts on what they thought would be self financing energy investments when the price of oil fell. None of them have though been charged with negligence and corruption, because of a change in market prices, in which they have no control.