Yingluck must answer herself, NLA insists

Lite Beer

Yingluck should only have to ask one question.

I and my party were democratically elected by the people of the kingdom of Thailand where as my accusers took the country via the barrel of a gun and your clear bias towards the Shinawatra family is known world wide so why should I have to answer to you lot?

The whole circus is illegal and a sham!

Hitler was democratically elected does that make it alright

• Like 1

Anyway, the decision has been already made and they all know it. What we see is a political communication campaign from both sides, which is aimed at the general public. It is not a process to decide if someone is guilty or not, it's a political communication event around a decision which is already known.

The NACC has announced today they will take a corruption case to the Supreme Court in order to reinforce the idea among the general public that she is corrupted.

Yingluck refused to be involved in a communication process which is controlled by her opponents (and in particular, refused to have to answer unknown questions). She prefers a communication mode she can control, the final speech.

Nothing surprising in that. That's about the basics of communication.

Edited by candide

I and my party were democratically elected by the people of the kingdom of Thailand where as my accusers took the country via the barrel of a gun and your clear bias towards the Shinawatra family is known world wide so why should I have to answer to you lot?

If the country had not been rescued from Yingluck and her hapless lackeys you may not have much of a country left to fret about. Furthermore, If you think that the PTP were truly elected within a genuine democratic system,then you are missing the whole point.

is that the "Thailand wasn't a real democracy anyway, so the coup was OK" argument?

If it is, then you might be missing the whole point. laugh.png

Yingluck refused to be involved in a communication process which is controlled by her opponents (and in particular, refused to have to answer unknown questions). She prefers a communication mode she can control, the final speech.

Her "opponents" only had control of the questions. She had control of the answers. I think in such circumstances that is perfectly normal. If she or her team expected to have the right to control the questions, i think they fundamentally misunderstood the process in which they are engaged. Perhaps they thought they thought they were appearing on a daytime chat show or something.

Your reasoning is based on the assumption that answering their questions will have an influence on the decision they will make.

I think they have perfectly understood the process and treated it as it is: a political event around which both sides try to communicate the best they can.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

Her "opponents" only had control of the questions. She had control of the answers. I think in such circumstances that is perfectly normal. If she or her team expected to have the right to control the questions, i think they fundamentally misunderstood the process in which they are engaged. Perhaps they thought they thought they were appearing on a daytime chat show or something.

Your reasoning is based on the assumption that answering their questions will have an influence on the decision they will make.

I think they have perfectly understood the process and treated it as it is: a political event around which both sides try to communicate the best they can.

I have a problem labelling the loss of 700 billion Baht on a self-financing scheme a political event. It would seem some of the accused try to make it such to avoid answering simple questions.

• Like 2

No, my reasoning is based on the fact that any politician worth his or her salt loves nothing more than being asked 'ridiculous, biased, prejudged questions', because those are the easy ones to answer.

Stop with the fluff and get to the truth. She refused to answer because she has no answers for any of it. She was purely a figurehead. She never attended the meetings. She hasn't got a clue about any of it. All she can do is read from a script. And that's why the refusal to attend.

You may be right or not about her capabilities.... So we agree that she has chosen the best way to communicate :)

There's not much point in her turning up to answer anything, after the move to do her for corruption, which kind of makes it moot that she was negligent, not negligent enough to be involved though?

The decks have been stacked against her since she was removed from office, even outsiders can see that, but a precedence has been set here, and I have no issue seeing her punishement, not that it means anything coming from a farang, as it really is none of our business's how Thais pursue their cases.

However, lets see the NACC show no favouritism, and investigate all these wealthy coppers and Generals, they sure didn't earn their assets from scrimping and scraping, NO stone should be left unturned, forget the colour bias and start proving they're in impartial organisation, start looking into some of the Big Hitters calling the shots, and do their jobs.

I somehow can't see that happening, but Thailands political future is doomed, when you have a PM telling the country not to vote for the old politicians, in other words, there's never going to be a truly representative Government where the people elect in the victors again, for the forseeable future, it's game on, in the penultimate Power struggle for the country, and the PM is making sure he's going to be at the head of the table for a long long time.

I keep reading that he has the interests of the country and the people at heart, no he doesn't, if he did, he would hand the country back to them and let them decide just who should be running it as soon as possible the ruling elite, or the grass roots laymans representatives.

The power play just now is about stripping as much power and finances from the only person in reality who is in a position to claw their way back into power, where's these 15 principles being applied now? ;)

The ruling elite and royalists are here to stay, the sooner the little people, as in the Thai eloctorate realise this, the better, and accept it, but I also have a feeling it will not be all sweetness and roses, there's trouble in the wings, it's all just a matter of time, one side doesn't have that much, and the other side is banking on this.

• Like 2

There's not much point in her turning up to answer anything, after the move to do her for corruption, which kind of makes it moot that she was negligent, not negligent enough to be involved though?

The decks have been stacked against her since she was removed from office, even outsiders can see that, but a precedence has been set here, and I have no issue seeing her punishement, not that it means anything coming from a farang, as it really is none of our business's how Thais pursue their cases.

However, lets see the NACC show no favouritism, and investigate all these wealthy coppers and Generals, they sure didn't earn their assets from scrimping and scraping, NO stone should be left unturned, forget the colour bias and start proving they're in impartial organisation, start looking into some of the Big Hitters calling the shots, and do their jobs.

I somehow can't see that happening, but Thailands political future is doomed, when you have a PM telling the country not to vote for the old politicians, in other words, there's never going to be a truly representative Government where the people elect in the victors again, for the forseeable future, it's game on, in the penultimate Power struggle for the country, and the PM is making sure he's going to be at the head of the table for a long long time.

I keep reading that he has the interests of the country and the people at heart, no he doesn't, if he did, he would hand the country back to them and let them decide just who should be running it as soon as possible the ruling elite, or the grass roots laymans representatives.

The power play just now is about stripping as much power and finances from the only person in reality who is in a position to claw their way back into power, where's these 15 principles being applied now? wink.png

The ruling elite and royalists are here to stay, the sooner the little people, as in the Thai eloctorate realise this, the better, and accept it, but I also have a feeling it will not be all sweetness and roses, there's trouble in the wings, it's all just a matter of time, one side doesn't have that much, and the other side is banking on this.

Sadly, I agree with you.

There's an awful lot of people out there who are of the of the view "respect my vote".

They are unlikely to stay silent for very much longer and I suspect the queue in the wings is building up.

This problem is now a long way beyond Thaksin and his ( sad and destructive ) legacy.

The medium term does not look good but our resident dj will no doubt continue to sing the praises.

• Like 1

The power play just now is about stripping as much power and finances from the only person in reality who is in a position to claw their way back into power, where's these 15 principles being applied now? wink.png

Sadly, I agree with you.

There's an awful lot of people out there who are of the of the view "respect my vote".

They are unlikely to stay silent for very much longer and I suspect the queue in the wings is building up.

This problem is now a long way beyond Thaksin and his ( sad and destructive ) legacy.

The medium term does not look good but our resident dj will no doubt continue to sing the praises.

And another Shin apologist makes a comeback!

Respect my vote - that is something Thaksin and his puppet parties only ever managed at election time. What did one ex PTP minister call protesters who dared challenge a PTP dictat - "garbage to be removed".

Remember when PTP claimed to have held "public" meetings in which everyone was for their dictats - turned out it wasn't very public as attendance was by invitation only.

But what can you expect from a bunch with a collection of convictions headed by a criminal fugitive. Not likely to respect anything or worry about lying are they?

• Like 2

Bashir was nothing compared to his father.

Now ask yourself why after arming all the Syrian opposition groups, the US and the CIA are back peddling and realised that ISIS capitalised on this, to the extent they control the North of Iraq mate?

You don't really know too much about Middle East History either, or Europe for that matter.. some guy in Germany in the 1940's ? well that narrows it down a bit to oh say 10+ million people!!

If you're going to use Germany in the 1940's ( that's a whole decade by the way) as an example then could you please also include the reference to a group or a particular person, that way we might just get a bit more to what you're trying to highlight Jamie.

please stop this bullshit about the vote buying, it's a red herring, are you saying that for a days wages over a 4 year period, it's caused all the issues today? So for a tick in the box, they got a days wage, and do you think that was enough to make a significant impact on their lives over the space of two elections?

The PTP got in as the others just were not good enough to secure votes through better policies, you know Jamie, losers whine, winners go home and pump the prom queen.. The democrats can ONLY win through intervention, the demography of the country is what they don't win, the elite are every bit as bad when it comes to dirty tricks, and blatantly flipping their noses at the law, but I guess that you don't see that, as your bias prevents it.

It's not about the little people, it's about the Rich and powerful in Thailand taking the piss, just like they have been doing for generations, it's not about to stop anytime soon, whether they be red/yellow or Khaki/Black in their colours.

• Like 2

''Yingluck to ground control....start engines and clear the runways.....be there in 20 minutes ''.....Lol.

I very much doubt she will be leaving for Thaksin needs her as martyr to try to stir the reds and hopefully get enough sympathy to garner votes when it comes to an election.

He has nothing much left now, the red army has been neutered now with the arms seizures and the generals caught plotting the Kohn Khen model.

His two most vocal red leaders are both on 2 year suspended sentences which can be enacted at any time.

His key cabinet ministers are being investigated for their part in several frauds.

His illegal passport can be withdrawn at any time, sure he has others which he has bought but they are insignificant.

Under marshal law it would be very easy for the current PM to have all his assets in Thailand seized and there would be nothing he could do about it other than squeal.

But then again I could be wrong and this could be an advanced consignment of her shoes and handbags, accompanied by some of her staff on the way to Dubai :

post-12069-0-96937200-1421498486_thumb.j

• Like 2

Sadly, I agree with you.

And another Shin apologist makes a comeback!

Respect my vote - that is something Thaksin and his puppet parties only ever managed at election time. What did one ex PTP minister call protesters who dared challenge a PTP dictat - "garbage to be removed".

Remember when PTP claimed to have held "public" meetings in which everyone was for their dictats - turned out it wasn't very public as attendance was by invitation only.

But what can you expect from a bunch with a collection of convictions headed by a criminal fugitive. Not likely to respect anything or worry about lying are they?

I just don't understand why people automatically make assumption that because they're not waving the same stupid coloured banner as them, they're the opposition!! You do realise that many farnags are not so wound up about the whole yellow/red/junta thing that it makes no odds to them who's grubby little mits are in the cookie jar ?

If you criticise the Dems/Yellow Junta you're a red/shin supporter... honest to Christ, that's a juvenile outlook on things.

I can't stand any colour, they're all tearing the country apart, but my opinions are meaningless to the people that count, the Thais with a vote, the farangs who get so wound up about Thai politics as if it's their vote is mind boggling, if my wife wants to take 300-500 baht to put an x on a bit of paper, that's her choice, just exactly who am I in the grand old scheme of things to tell her otherwise?

I've never voted in my life, I've never met a politician that wasn't a lying two faced POS, who as soon as they got onto that seat, started abusing the system... Thailand is no different, why do we expect it to be?

Teaching your family about democracy in a country where you don't have a vote is every bit a laughable too, seriously, you think they just can't wait for the sit down meals, where you open up your little " How to do shit the Right way, as you're doing it all wrong" book must be riveting, especially with the language barrier, what right do you have to do that?

If you want someone to change, don't preach it, leave them with the option of educating themselves, don't use your words, let them read for themselves. In the two years I've lived in the local village, I've never had anyone come up to me and ask "can you teach us about democracy, as we haven't a clue !!! " Why would they? That village has been there a damn sight longer than I have, and it's their mess to sort out, not an over opinionated farang showing a bias!!! ;)

• Like 1

The questions themselves would be illegal in a Western court. They are what's called "leading" and they also reach a conclusion. Questions must be simply neutral and unbiased.

"Have you stopped beating your wife?" Is a tough one to answer. Yes? No?

Read the questions again. They are statements of fact which haven't be adjudicated as true.

A court is called a "finder of fact." It's supposed to find the facts during trial, not assert its preconceived notion of the facts.

Also, the court itself is illegal because the junta is illegal.

I don't support Yingluck, but this is a kangaroo court arranged by the power of the military's might. No one here should support a fascist military dictatorship.

Just one point: this is not a Western court.

Both wrong: this is NOT a Court, this is the Assembly which teporarily replaces the House of Representatives and the Senate, not at all the same...

You missed out the phrase "appointed by the junta which seized power in a coup whilst the elected government was attempting to conduct an election".

Makes your succinct comment rather more clumsy I know, but does rather set it in its proper context don't you think?

• Like 1

Are you and your 21 friends not confusing that description with that of the last full general election?