LG TV repairs in Pattaya

mmail2you

Would second Numchai as well

But Isn't there a LG service centre on the Northbound side of Sukhumvit between Klang and North Road, someone will have a better location description I am sure.

Would second Numchai as well

But Isn't there a LG service centre on the Northbound side of Sukhumvit between Klang and North Road, someone will have a better location description I am sure.

No, the service center is between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang after the McDonald's as you go north.

Here

Main Phone: 038 488 557

• Like 1

If you want to try one of these little guys and save some money, there is TV repair shop run by a paraplegic on Nern Plub Wan. Coming from Sukhumvit it is quite a long way in on the right hand side and just before huge sign for OSCAR’s pub/ restaurant.

You can’t miss it - it is a local shop with TV’s stacked all over the place and a sign in English advertising TV repairs.

I had my LG TV fixed there and he did a good job, only replacing the necessary parts, which had been devoured by a jingjok. I am sure if I had taken the TV to Numchai or the LG dealer it would have cost me a small fortune.

For those who may be wondering, this is not the same paraplegic who used to run a computer repair shop on Chaiyapruk. He has sold up and gone back to Udon Thani.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My 50" LG would not turn on after a lightning storm. Called LG Service and an engineer came to my home the next day. Repaired the TV on the spot by replacing one of the panels. Total cost about 3,000 baht.

5 minutes ago, lor said:

My 50" LG would not turn on after a lightning storm. Called LG Service and an engineer came to my home the next day. Repaired the TV on the spot by replacing one of the panels. Total cost about 3,000 baht.

Had a similar experience. We phoned the LG service centre and a technician came to the house and repaired the TV (replaced a board). Good service at a reasonable cost.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Service Centre is now on the west side of Sukumvit. Its in the 1st building on the left as you come from the 7 (or just past the 7 on Sukumvit). Its a single shop house and the shop next to it protrudes onto the pavement so you wont see it till the last moment. There is no big sign like before.

I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Took LG 58" tv 2 LG repairs said as after Lightening strike need NEW Mothet board cost 6,700bht way 2 expensive as m/board only 2,500 bht...........anyone know where I can buy 1 & if man still in soi Nerpraumuan like 2 go 2 him BUT no Oscars now.....hoping 4 some help please.

14 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why not change the board yourself? 

I have an LG with the black screen of death, if you Google the problem there are 3 possible causes, you need an electrician / repair guy to know which one has blown.

Edited by Golden Triangle

On 1/23/2018 at 6:58 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I have an LG with the black screen of death, if you Google the problem there are 3 possible causes, you need an electrician / repair guy to know which one has blown.

Yes, but workmen generally expect to be paid.

30 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, but workmen generally expect to be paid.

You said " why not change the board yourself " 

You obviously didn't read what has been said previously, so jumped in with both feet and sunk without trace.

The TV is sitting in the spare bedroom, as and when I ask someone to look at it I will pay them for their time,  you don't seem to realise that any ONE - or ALL of the 3 boards could have failed, until that question is answered it is impossible to guesstimate repair costs, it could be cheaper to buy a new TV rather than have it repaired, sheesh, I hate it when people can't read.

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You said " why not change the board yourself " 

You obviously didn't read what has been said previously, so jumped in with both feet and sunk without trace.

The TV is sitting in the spare bedroom, as and when I ask someone to look at it I will pay them for their time,  you don't seem to realise that any ONE - or ALL of the 3 boards could have failed, until that question is answered it is impossible to guesstimate repair costs, it could be cheaper to buy a new TV rather than have it repaired, sheesh, I hate it when people can't read.

You obvious did not read the post I was responding to.

On 23.1.2018 at 6:44 PM, mogandave said:

Why not change the board yourself? 

I would like to give it a try.

At my LG TV all of the HDMI ports were broken at the same time. So likely this board needs to be exchanged.

Where would you buy it? At the LG service center?

35 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

At my LG TV all of the HDMI ports were broken at the same time. So likely this board needs to be exchanged.

If all your ports are bad try baking the maInboard.  Seriously.  Google bake LG motherboard.  I have one good HDMI port left but when that one goes it's going into the toaster oven. 

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

Google the part number

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

I saw that on youtube. They have been using a hair dryer to heat up the chip.

The theory is that baking it melts and resets the solder that has cracked on the motherboard.  Seems to have worked for lots of people.  I'm not sure about the blow dryer.

Baking didn't help. In opposite, now it seems to be totally dead.

I tried to google it, but just found Brazilian sites that had it in stock.

mogandave , have you got any ideas where to find the LG 32LE5500 EAX61682903 (0) ?

I mean at a reliable price that won't exceed the remaining value of this LG 32

Edited by kdrayong

1 hour ago, kdrayong said:

Baking didn't help. In opposite, now it seems to be totally dead.

I tried to google it, but just found Brazilian sites that had it in stock.

mogandave , have you got any ideas where to find the LG 32LE5500 EAX61682903 (0) ?

I mean at a reliable price that won't exceed the remaining value of this LG 32

Try including Thailand as a sufix

I did that before and even found eclubthaishop. It's out of stock there. To find a compatible board will be difficult since it needs to match the design of the connectors.

Many thanks anyway.

Well... It is a pretty old and cheap TV and it will not be a value to invest in it anymore. Even if I bought a replacement for it since it stopped working already, I feel uncomfortable to throw it away now.