Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

I believe the report stated " Reports suggested Ms Annesley died from natural causes."

Reports from whom ? Suggestion from whom ? It is not fact yet.

I really do wonder how they can release a Natural cause of death already?

There's no forensic labs on the Island.

It al takes time to do the required tests not overnight.

No profesional law enforcement organization would ever make such a comment prior to the ME/Coroner issuing findings.

Certainly not immediately post-mortem, prior to an autopsy, and processing of any evidence from the scene.

That the mother (allegedly) concurred is disturbing.

From what I've read in the reports so far its the mum who first stated it was a natural death in a facebook post, some of the media then picked that up then low and behold a very small group of the usual suspect posters began using that as a weapon to stifle any questions or criticisms of this death, even before there is an official statement on the likely cause.

Do I read this correctly?

So as long as there isn't an official statement it is not allowed to consider the death to be of natural causes, even after the mother of the victim has made that announcement, but it is supported that at the same time the conspiracy brigade get on their soap box and even makes insinuations about who murdered the victim and accusses him to be a serial killer.

Yeah I'm sure, I read that correctly.

I do presume you read it correctly after all its there in black and white, however how you want to interpret it is your doing not mine.

Nobody with just 23 years of age dies of natural causes.

Sorry to prick your bubble but in other parts of the world even 5 year olds die of natural causes.

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo-county-times/ci_27020538/pacifica-5-year-old-died-natural-causes-not

PACIFICA -- A 5-year-old girl who was previously reported to have drowned in a bathtub over the weekend in Pacifica actually died from natural causes, police announced Wednesday.

Lots of wild speculation here, based on what? Koh Tao is a wonderful place and maybe if tourists lose interest, it will be even more relaxing to vacation there. I've noticed that people die everywhere in Thailand, every day, from various causes and some are very nasty deaths. In a nation of 63 million, with millions of foreign tourists, the statistics are pointing to 'not much chance of being killed in Thailand' - as say opposed to Mexico or Brazil. From what I see first hand, from the general behavior of a percentage of foreign tourists, there is a larger amount of 'risky' behavior. Risky can mean lots of different things but personally, I don't expect to be able to behave as if there are no 'limits', while on 'vacation'.

We don't need more apologists for Tao. It is a dark, rank place, disguised as paradise. Sure, it is a pretty place. But, beneath the surface, it is a horrible place, ruled by a few vicious overlords, who are stuck in the 13th century. And the lack of law and order makes them incredibly dangerous people to deal with. All tourists are walking on glass the entire time they are on Tao. The slightest provocation can lead to immediate death. There are a few punk gangsters, who have been allowed to commit serial murder, and who come from super rich, piglet families who are totally above the law. All law. Government law, army law, all law. So, what results with a situation like that? Super rich punk ass murderers who have impunity. Not a place I need to spend time. I have been there over 10 times over the years, and I will never go back. Ever. And I am trying to convince every living soul to not go within 10 km. of that crime infested sewer of an island. Stay away. Forever. The risks on Tao are high. Unless you keep yourself locked up in your room. And if you do go, steer clear of every Thai man you can. Many are involved in some pretty dark stuff.

Your post suggests you have vast knowledge of the alleged underworld on this island and what criminal activities they are engaged in. It also suggests that you have vast knowledge of those involved. I do not have a clue, as I have never been there but from your post it appears you have gained your knowledge over ten visits, and possibly from what you have read and have maybe heard, secondhand. Does all this make you an expert?

So, as one who is not an apologist and has absolutely no idea of what goes on there, are you willing to provide proof to sustain you allegations and, in turn, convince me never to go there. The disturbing thing I find about your post is that you are tainting every Thai male there, providing a scurrilous description of the entire island and its inhabitants, none of whom you would not dare to name; making allegations as to serial killers and allegedly know that certain families are above the law

This may well be the case, but I think if you want people to stay away then by you showing your intense hatred for the island and its people is not the right way to go about it, and you want to make such defamatory allegations then you should, at least, provide evidence to sustain what you state. Otherwise, your post will be just looked upon as another TVF rant and a very poor one at that.

Edited by Si Thea01

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

I believe the report stated " Reports suggested Ms Annesley died from natural causes."

I believe, I believe........

My post is a simple copy and paste from the Mirror webpage at the time the the link was alive, nothing more or less.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=+%27Died+of+natural+causes%27++We+are+hearing+that+tragic+Christina+is+thought+to+have+died+of+natural+causes.++The+23-year-old,+who+was+well+known+in+political+circles,+was+on+a+four+month+trip+around+South+East+Asia+when+she+passed+away.++The+Foreign+Office+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=oLzBVJK9D8vz8gX9joDYBA

Edited by Anthony5

Lots of wild speculation here, based on what? Koh Tao is a wonderful place and maybe if tourists lose interest, it will be even more relaxing to vacation there. I've noticed that people die everywhere in Thailand, every day, from various causes and some are very nasty deaths. In a nation of 63 million, with millions of foreign tourists, the statistics are pointing to 'not much chance of being killed in Thailand' - as say opposed to Mexico or Brazil. From what I see first hand, from the general behavior of a percentage of foreign tourists, there is a larger amount of 'risky' behavior. Risky can mean lots of different things but personally, I don't expect to be able to behave as if there are no 'limits', while on 'vacation'.

We don't need more apologists for Tao. It is a dark, rank place, disguised as paradise. Sure, it is a pretty place. But, beneath the surface, it is a horrible place, ruled by a few vicious overlords, who are stuck in the 13th century. And the lack of law and order makes them incredibly dangerous people to deal with. All tourists are walking on glass the entire time they are on Tao. The slightest provocation can lead to immediate death. There are a few punk gangsters, who have been allowed to commit serial murder, and who come from super rich, piglet families who are totally above the law. All law. Government law, army law, all law. So, what results with a situation like that? Super rich punk ass murderers who have impunity. Not a place I need to spend time. I have been there over 10 times over the years, and I will never go back. Ever. And I am trying to convince every living soul to not go within 10 km. of that crime infested sewer of an island. Stay away. Forever. The risks on Tao are high. Unless you keep yourself locked up in your room. And if you do go, steer clear of every Thai man you can. Many are involved in some pretty dark stuff.

Your post suggests you vast knowledge of the alleged underworld on this island and what criminal activities they are engaged in. It also suggests that you have vast knowledge of those involved. I do not have a clue, as I have never been there but from your post it appears you have gained your knowledge over ten visits, and possibly from what you have read and have maybe heard, secondhand.

So, as one who (me) has absolutely no idea of what goes on there, are you willing to provide proof to sustain you allegations and, in turn, convince me never to go there. The disturbing thing I find about your post is that you are tainting every Thai male, providing a scurrilous description of the entire island, making allegations as to serial killers and allegedly know that certain families are above the law. It may well be, but I think if you want people to stay away then by you showing your intense hatred for the island and its people is not the right way to go about it, and you should at least provide evidence to sustain what you allege. Otherwise, your post will be just looked upon as another TVF rant and a very poor one at that.

I was not trying to say that all Thai men on Tao are bad. Of course that is not the case. But all these murders were probably committed by Thai men, who's huge egos were offended, and felt the need to take another life. Those are the kinds of men I like to avoid, as I prefer to remain alive.

UPDATE:

British backpacker found dead on Thai tourist island
Bangkok, Thailand | AFP |
KOH TAO: -- A British backpacker has been discovered dead on the popular Thai tourist island of Koh Tao, police said Friday, four months after a British couple were found murdered there.
Police said the body of Christina Annesley, 23, was discovered inside a bungalow room at a resort on the eastern side of the island on Wednesday.
There were no immediate signs of criminal activity but her body will be sent to the mainland for an autopsy.
"There was no trace of a fight and her body has no wounds," local police officer Lieutenant Colonel Napa Senathit told AFP by telephone, adding that investigators discovered three kinds of medicine in her room, but no recreational drugs.
The autopsy is not likely to be carried out before Sunday as officials have to wait for a ferry to the mainland.
"There is no ferry today so we will send her body on Saturday night to arrive on the mainland Sunday morning," Lieutenant Colonel Napa said.
British daily The Telegraph said Christina's mother Margaret had posted on her daughter's Facebook page saying she had died of "natural causes". The Facebook page appeared to be inaccessible Friday.
"We have lost our beautiful daughter Chrissie in Thailand of natural causes," the paper reported her writing.
"We are totally devastated. We love you so much darling, rest in peace. We will bring you home soon xxxxxxxxxx Mum and Dad."
Last year Koh Tao, a small island of white sand beaches and azure waters in the Gulf of Thailand, was rocked by the double murder of two young British backpackers.
Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Tun -- both Burmese nationals -- have been charged with the murder of David Miller, 24, and the rape and murder of Hannah Witheridge, 23.
Their trial is expected in July. If found guilty they could face the death penalty, in a case that cast a pall over Thailand's tourist industry.
The defendants, both aged 21, confessed to the crimes after their arrest in October but later retracted the confession, alleging it had been extracted under duress.
Rights groups have accused Thai authorities of using the men as scapegoats.
afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2015-01-23

Nobody with just 23 years of age dies of natural causes.

Possibly they might if they have been drinking buckets/alcopops whils taking 'bucketloads of tramadol'...in her own Twitter words....

Poisoned herself to death, may be so.

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

I believe, I believe........

My post is a simple copy and paste from the Mirror webpage at the time the the link was alive, nothing more or less.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=+%27Died+of+natural+causes%27++We+are+hearing+that+tragic+Christina+is+thought+to+have+died+of+natural+causes.++The+23-year-old,+who+was+well+known+in+political+circles,+was+on+a+four+month+trip+around+South+East+Asia+when+she+passed+away.++The+Foreign+Office+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=oLzBVJK9D8vz8gX9joDYBA

I tried opening that link but it comes up as "The file has been moved or deleted"

I tried opening up other British media sites but they have been blocked by the Junta.

Rumour is that the victims body was found in an area of a resort which is owned by the same people as the now infamous AC Bar.

No idea if it's true but that's what I've heard.

Heard? FRom where or who? I might as well say the same thing,that will make two.Start to sound true now!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the rumour mongers are posting, soon it will be the truth and not hearsay. Give us a break and stop this bloody speculation. If you post why can't you sustain what you have heard and from whom instead of this bloody BS you go on with.

In the first 6 months of 2014, 47 expats died in Phuket....26 of which were suicide, bike crash murders or no cause recorded! I don't think I am going to go to Phuket anymore, seems a dangerous place to be.....

And how many foreigners died in Pattaya last year ? Every month we read about dead foreigners in Pattaya, go ahead and speculate why they died....

The Koh Tao and RTP shill must certainly be earning his keep at present with all of his posts.

Death Island is a place to avoid.

If you want to avoid death island you should also avoid Phuket, Pattaya or Bangkok. Or maybe just leave Thailand to make sure you avoid death !

Rumour is that the victims body was found in an area of a resort which is owned by the same people as the now infamous AC Bar.

I used to visit there regularly and go scuba diving- it lost it's appeal some years ago when the diving quality deteriorated. There has always been 2 main mafias 'running' the island, and I heard from locals I knew there of many stories of goings on and I stopped visiting. Shame: it was once a much more beautiful and less- commercial island. Not sure the exact number, but it has only been inhabited for something like 20 years: not worth visiting any more.

Curious. What sort of "going's on". I have some theories based on similar reports. Do you feel OK with elaborating?

UPDATE:

British political activist dies on Koh Tao

BANGKOK: -- The young woman, Ms Christina Annesley, also known in UK a political activist, was found dead on the same island where two British backers were murdered last year, according to the UK-based Mirror Online.

The UK online media said reports suggested Ms Annesley died from natural causes.

Mirror Online reported a source in Bangkok confirmed the death but said details remained sketchy. Koh Tao police station did not answer the phone call.

She reportedly tweeted from the island where two Britons — Hannah Witheridge Witheridge and David Miller — were murdered last September, according to the Mirror.

“We can confirm the death of a British national in Thailand on Jan 21,” a Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson was quoted as saying by the daily.

“We are providing consular assistance to the family at this difficult time.

Meanwhile Thai newspapers Khaosod said the tourist died at a rented bungalow room on Sairee beach, the same beach where the two British backpackerswere murdered in September last year.

Surat Thani police chief Pol Maj Gen Apichat Boonsriroj confirmed the death but revealed that forensic investigation and autopsy did not suggest that shewas murdered.

There was no bruises on her body and there was no struggle traces inside the room and no valuable was stolen, he said.

Her body was sent to Surat Thai hospital for detailed examination again to find the exact cause of her death, the officer said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/british-political-activist-dies-koh-tao

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-23

Your post suggests you vast knowledge of the alleged underworld on this island and what criminal activities they are engaged in. It also suggests that you have vast knowledge of those involved. I do not have a clue, as I have never been there but from your post it appears you have gained your knowledge over ten visits, and possibly from what you have read and have maybe heard, secondhand.

So, as one who (me) has absolutely no idea of what goes on there, are you willing to provide proof to sustain you allegations and, in turn, convince me never to go there. The disturbing thing I find about your post is that you are tainting every Thai male, providing a scurrilous description of the entire island, making allegations as to serial killers and allegedly know that certain families are above the law. It may well be, but I think if you want people to stay away then by you showing your intense hatred for the island and its people is not the right way to go about it, and you should at least provide evidence to sustain what you allege. Otherwise, your post will be just looked upon as another TVF rant and a very poor one at that.

I was not trying to say that all Thai men on Tao are bad. Of course that is not the case. But all these murders were probably committed by Thai men, who's huge egos were offended, and felt the need to take another life. Those are the kinds of men I like to avoid, as I prefer to remain alive.

I am not trying to be confrontationalist but there you go again, more speculation. Why is it that when one asks someone to prove what they allege, they never do or better still cannot and only answer what they deem will suit their agenda and not address the overall response to their initial post.l

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

Ko Tao Death Toll (since Sep 2014)

Witheridge/Miller (GB) Sep

Woman (N) 22 Dec (boating accident: struck by propeller, drowned)

Nick Pearson (GB) 1 Jan (fell off a 15 m cliff and drowned)

Hanspeter Suter (CH) 10 Nov (Snorkelling accident/drowning)

Dimitri Povse (F) 13 Jan (suicide with hands tied behind back)

Annesley (GB) 21 Jan (pending)

There were also reports of a young British man called Sam Austin from the Bristol area dying on Koh Tao in the same time period. That story sort of vanished after first reports.

Heard? FRom where or who? I might as well say the same thing,that will make two.Start to sound true now!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the rumour mongers are posting, soon it will be the truth and not hearsay. Give us a break and stop this bloody speculation. If you post why can't you sustain what you have heard and from whom instead of this bloody BS you go on with.

Its a little more than speculation. Its confirmed according to this report:

The officer added that the bungalow is owned by Montriwat Toowichian, the same man who managed the bar where Miller and Witheridge were last seen on the night of 14 September, hours before their deaths. http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1421937876

It is interesting to me that suicide was ruled to the french before an autopsy. One wonders if an autopsy was even done.

Then to famous doctors make public news statements to say suicide was not likely.

Now this girl embassy, family and police are saying natural causes, but she only passed yesterday. So unlikely an autopsy and toxology reports would be completed. I would have these questions. Who were the nice friends she made?

Who were the 2 guys who fought over her?

Why was she found naked?

Who found her?

Why was the person who found her suspicious and go into her room?

Unless she was sharing with a friend .

if she died from consuming valium and other drugs , then it is not natural causes. It is accidental drug overdose.

So already one can find many discrepancies in the stories.

Just like, David was not killed by the hoe.

The frenchy died under suspicious circumstances.

And the Swiss guy who just completed a master dive course did not commit suicide.

"It is interesting to me that suicide was ruled to the french before an autopsy. One wonders if an autopsy was even done.

Then to famous doctors make public news statements to say suicide was not likely."

There was an autopsy, the ruling was suicide.

The "famous doctors" was one Criminologist, not a doctor, expressing an opinion.

So many things to comment on.

A) if she has not even been examined by a doctor and had a toxology report. Nobody should be phrasing "natural causes".

B)though she does seem to drink a lot. she does not seem to be involved with drugs, so more than likely she would take her medication as prescribed. So maybe an antibiotic. A valium and a tamorol before sleep. Even with alcohol, probably would not cause death. Concerned parties, embassy, mum and thaivisa should wait for tox reports as we cannot know what was in her system. However if I were a policeman, a quick look at the date and prescribed dose, then count of the pills left would give a good idea of how much she had taken.

In the mean time, since such report is many days away police should continue to investigate. As between now and then almost all evidence would be gone by the time a cause of death was published.

Her outspokenness included blogging in defence of The Sun’sPage 3 last November, arguing that women had the right to express their sexuality as they wished.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/former-ukip-youth-leader-dies-in-thailand-9996651.html

General Prayuth wouldn't have liked her then. Like another poster said previously, maybe she talked too much for some Thais liking, or asked too many questions. Going by what the press has to say she doesn't sound like the sort of woman to pipe down and lay low if there are issues to be addressed. RIP.

Christina was also an Alumna of Leeds University as David was an Alumni..............And Sean..............

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

So what was the cause of death? Whatever the case Ko Tao is racking up a lot of deaths for a small island.

Mexico and Brazil, they are your risk assessment comparisons?

Lordy, lordy, lordy........

And dear Lordy lordy what do you really know of Mexico?

We don't have daily 'falls' off balconies and knives are not sharp enough nor women mean enough to to slice members members. Sometimes I think it is a little boring albeit more sane. Bad news is there is a possibility of someone making an offer on or property and Yikes if it is good we move to LOS just when the wife was accepting the possible inevitability of staying on here.

It is interesting to me that suicide was ruled to the french before an autopsy. One wonders if an autopsy was even done.

Then to famous doctors make public news statements to say suicide was not likely.

Now this girl embassy, family and police are saying natural causes, but she only passed yesterday. So unlikely an autopsy and toxology reports would be completed. I would have these questions. Who were the nice friends she made?

Who were the 2 guys who fought over her?

Why was she found naked?

Who found her?

Why was the person who found her suspicious and go into her room?

Unless she was sharing with a friend .

if she died from consuming valium and other drugs , then it is not natural causes. It is accidental drug overdose.

So already one can find many discrepancies in the stories.

Just like, David was not killed by the hoe.

The frenchy died under suspicious circumstances.

And the Swiss guy who just completed a master dive course did not commit suicide.

"It is interesting to me that suicide was ruled to the french before an autopsy. One wonders if an autopsy was even done.

Then to famous doctors make public news statements to say suicide was not likely."

There was an autopsy, the ruling was suicide.

The "famous doctors" was one Criminologist, not a doctor, expressing an opinion.

Once again, as in all of these cases. The ruling of suicide was made before the autopsy.

That has happened in all of these kt cases. And the autopsy always seems to come back mirroring what the police have prematurely stated.