'Democracy has died in Thailand today': Thai ex-PM Yingluck

webfact

The naysayers don't seem to see what the alternative was going

to be if the army had not taken control of the country,civil war it

was heading quickly in that direction,so what we have today is

the better of the two evils.

Thaksin will just have to pick another member of the family to

be PM, and try to push for amnesty for him and return of his

money,thats the kind of Democracy they want.

regards Worgeordie

If the army didnt take control but did what they supposed to do ,Suthep and friends would sit in prison,and Yingluk would be still PM until next election,

I think u r getting it now. It was less of a conspiracy Imo than Suthep creating such a mess that if they did not take his side the shins would hv ended up in a stronger position than before. Edited by longway

She will emerge as the true heroine in all of this eventually. Shame on those unelected 'appointees' and shame on some TVF 'pundits' for supporting a military junta and be careful what you wish for

The only thing I wish for is better days for this country we live in.

For 7 years now I've been hearing and witnessing social unrest, killings, corruption disrespect for any law, disrespect for the Thai citizens.

For the past 6 months tranquility and enforcement of the law is taking place.

You, Sir, better take the blinkers you are wearing off and Thank the current government for what they are achieving.

Rhetorics is a cheap way to express yourself.

I don't know what planet you live on but down here in Thailand its the same old scams day after day....absolutely nothing has changed. I could list all the scams but then again you already think the country of Thailand is bright and wonderful because the general told you so.

• Like 2

regards Worgeordie

If the army didnt take control but did what they supposed to do ,Suthep and friends would sit in prison,and Yingluk would be still PM until next election,

I think u r getting it now. It was less of a conspiracy Imo than Suthep creating such a mess that if they did not take his side the shins would hv ended up in a stronger position than before.

you are wrong the mess had been created by the shin government and their politics and Suthep was the one who tried to make an end of this

• Like 1

that was actually May 22...

NCPO tells Yingluck not to hold press conference

and basic rights like freedom of speech went with it.

What on earth makes you think that freedom of speech is a basic right..... freedom of speech has to be earned and the Thais certainly have NOT earned that... the way they sell their votes to the highest offer denies them that right... Nothing in life is free... grow-up.... wai2.gif

NCPO should have authorised it, on the condition she would restrict herself only to answer questions, by herself, not using papers, a prompter, an earpiece, and nobody authorised to stand (jump?) in for her or give complementary comments. There would not have been any press conference IMO, or it would have been an exceptional moment marking the end of a puppet, and maybe of the, muted, ventriloquists around her too...

• Like 2

regards Worgeordie

I think u r getting it now. It was less of a conspiracy Imo than Suthep creating such a mess that if they did not take his side the shins would hv ended up in a stronger position than before.

you are wrong the mess had been created by the shin government and their politics and Suthep was the one who tried to make an end of this
Well Suthep could not created the mess without thaksin being vile sh**e he is. Edited by longway

junta cheerleaders out in force.

have fun. enjoy the news.

And remember...

if you do nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear...

CheerLeader1.gif

Obviously leading an illegal coup is a far less serious crime than winning the mandate of the voters. This place gets more like animal farm all the time, Prayuth is like Napoleon and any election winner Snowball, to be persecuted with a trumped up charge and hopefully chased off the farm. What happened to 'reconciliation'? or was that just for some of the pigs biggrin.png

Thai wife tells me the men in her Issan village back in Udon, are all happy

The word around is

Never Trust a woman to do a Mans Job

Maybe she not have the full support she used to have

"Never Trust a woman to do a Mans Job"

Well, that's just plain neanderthal misogyny and ignorance.

Has nothing to do with Yingluck.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And remember...

CheerLeader1.gif.pagespeed.ce.PQHjjsCzme

Obviously leading an illegal coup is a far less serious crime than winning the mandate of the voters. This place gets more like animal farm all the time, Prayuth is like Napoleon and any election winner Snowball, to be persecuted with a trumped up charge and hopefully chased off the farm. What happened to 'reconciliation'? or was that just for some of the pigs alt=biggrin.png>

Thai wife tells me the men in her Issan village back in Udon, are all happy

The word around is

Never Trust a woman to do a Mans Job

Maybe she not have the full support she used to have

more sexism? tell that to Thatcher, ASSK, Indira Ghandi can't come with something better than misogyny? vast majority I have spoken to are very, very sad and will 'wait' as they have all the other times coups have appeared

You are the mother of all boring posters.

90% of your posts are way off topic and just twists and spins.

You never post anything constructive.

Get a life.

And, are you the reborn fabie?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

She will emerge as the true heroine in all of this eventually. Shame on those unelected 'appointees' and shame on some TVF 'pundits' for supporting a military junta and be careful what you wish for

For 7 years now I've been hearing and witnessing social unrest, killings, corruption disrespect for any law, disrespect for the Thai citizens.

You, Sir, better take the blinkers you are wearing off and Thank the current government for what they are achieving.

any disrespect for Thai citizens comes straight from YOU and your disrespect for the millions who voted, since 2001, for the government THEY wanted

tranquility by the gun? unelected appointees impeaching the ex-PM?

you, Sir, are mad or bad and I can't decide which

You obviously don't take corruption very serious, sir!

And remember...

CheerLeader1.gif

Obviously leading an illegal coup is a far less serious crime than winning the mandate of the voters. This place gets more like animal farm all the time, Prayuth is like Napoleon and any election winner Snowball, to be persecuted with a trumped up charge and hopefully chased off the farm. What happened to 'reconciliation'? or was that just for some of the pigs biggrin.png

PTP GOOD governance ??? JOKE Trumped up charge what is the loss 700 billion ???? JOKE.

Suppose the Yingluck cheer leaders Want her back to repeat the same sort of governing...JOKE. don't blame me--you posted what you did.

do you write random texts after selecting a random post to reply to?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm quite satisfied with the current state of affairs. Thanks!

who cares you are not Thai and obviously a right wing supporter of an unelected junta - hope you are proud of yourself because God knows you should be ashamed

any disrespect for Thai citizens comes straight from YOU and your disrespect for the millions who voted, since 2001, for the government THEY wanted

He takes freedom seriously.

Some poster made the fake strawman argument that Thailand has a choice between freedom or cleaning up corruption.

The truth is that they aren't linked at all. Democracies have corruption. Democratic governments need to address corruption.

My country is an example. The USA has corrupt politicians - today. And we aren't calling the generals to come and clean it up for us - check out this clip from yesterday...

on.msnbc.com/1yVvbAT

What happens in Thailand is that the military is called on to fulfil their part in the alliance... Either the traditional elite maintain an acceptable level of control, or a situation is fabricated allowing the military to hit the reset button and give the country back to its feudal lords. Corrupt politicians is the excuse - it's a smoke screen to mask reality.

• Like 2

Some poster made the fake strawman argument that Thailand has a choice between freedom or cleaning up corruption.

The truth is that they aren't linked at all. Democracies have corruption. Democratic governments need to address corruption.

My country is an example. The USA has corrupt politicians - today. And we aren't calling the generals to come and clean it up for us - check out this clip from yesterday...

on.msnbc.com/1yVvbAT

What happens in Thailand is that the military is called on to fulfil their part in the alliance... Either the traditional elite maintain an acceptable level of control, or a situation is fabricated allowing the military to hit the reset button and give the country back to its feudal lords. Corrupt politicians is the excuse - it's a smoke screen to mask reality.

Reality is that corruption was destroying Thailand and the elected governments were doing nothing about it. The democratically elected top politicians all became billionaire the last decade or so. Is your country's corruption as rampant as in Thailand?

Yeah all democracies have corruption. Thaksin loves this attitude.

• Like 2

on.msnbc.com/1yVvbAT

Reality is that corruption was destroying Thailand and the elected governments were doing nothing about it. The democratically elected top politicians all became billionaire the last decade or so. Is your country's corruption as rampant as in Thailand?

to repeat, the point is that it is not a choice between democracy or corruption. Do you agree or disagree? Or do you just want to bash Thaksin?

that was actually May 22...

NCPO tells Yingluck not to hold press conference

and basic rights like freedom of speech went with it.

What freedom of speech would that be? You can be sued for telling the truth in Thailand.

Under the PTP you could have been killed for telling the truth.

Akeyuth….yes, yes the driver did it!!!

on.msnbc.com/1yVvbAT

to repeat, the point is that it is not a choice between democracy or corruption. Do you agree or disagree? Or do you just want to bash Thaksin?

You said: democratic governments need to address corruption. My point was that I prefer an unelected government over an elected government at this moment in Thailand. Democracy to get a mandate to do whatever you want and if the courts try to stop you from plundering this country you start preaching: democracy is dead? I was just focusing on another part of your post.

As I said in another thread, this will probably result in a severe blow back later on.

You are too late

This is the blow back after the shins conquered politics

It's not going to end like this. There are two sides and no real reconciliation between them. No matter what the yellows (for want of any other kind of description) will do, the reds (for want of any other kind of description) will eventually react, one way or another and vice versa.

This is not the death of democracy, nor a new dawn, it's merely another rocking of the boat until a bigger storm hits.

Sadly, there's still no end in sight.

• Like 1

who cares you are not Thai and obviously a right wing supporter of an unelected junta - hope you are proud of yourself because God knows you should be ashamed

Ashamed for what? Telling the truth?

Yinglack is on a slippery slope and she will do time, be sure of it ...

Ashamed for what? Telling the truth?

Yinglack is on a slippery slope and she will do time, be sure of it ...

Slippery slope maybe, but as some keep telling here 'elite' seldom go to jail, even when guilty and convicted.

Edited by rubl