Wheel rim refurbishing

NanLaew

Does anyone know of a local shop that will refurbish some dinged and scratched car wheel rims? Nothing major, just the usual scrapes when parking too close to the curb, cosmetic sort of damage.

If there's no local input, a mod could punt this into the Motor Forum but maybe give it a couple of days here first?

Thanks,

NL

It all depends what kind of alloy wheels,if they came standard with the vehicle they are better replaced with new ones.

I got new tyres not so long ago and both my front rims were damaged a lot from parking and touching curbs.

The saleslady asked me if i wanted new rims and i said no because i thought they would cost a lot,she quoted me four new replacement rims for five thousand baht total.

The look nice!

It all depends what kind of alloy wheels,if they came standard with the vehicle they are better replaced with new ones.

I got new tyres not so long ago and both my front rims were damaged a lot from parking and touching curbs.

The saleslady asked me if i wanted new rims and i said no because i thought they would cost a lot,she quoted me four new replacement rims for five thousand baht total.

The look nice!

Wow, that is cheap, what is the make of your car ?

The look nice!

Wow, that is cheap, what is the make of your car ?

I just looked at some fairly average 16" black alloys and was quoted 14,000 baht, so I don't know what you'd get for 5000 baht, not much I wouldn't have thought.

Just the regular, factory-fitted Honda CR-V rims. Can't believe a new set can be had for anything close to 5k baht.

Maybe I will check out a wreckers yard or the tire shops along Sukhumvit where someone may have had some after-market rims and fat tires fitted to their CR-V.

Most of the tyre places are selling second hand sets of rims, as a lot of Thai's get new flashy ones and trade the old ones in. Ask as you go around, as you now have a sense of what you want and what new ones cost.

Make sure they are not buckled or damaged on the inside of the rim. If they have to use too many weights for balance they are damaged.

Most times new is best. Check out the car section on TVF there may be some for sale in there, or let them know what sort of vehicle you want to fit out with new rims and what sort of rims etc.