Tottenham Thread

chonabot

At the w/e we got 7 correct with one perfect (Liverpool, Chelski 1 each). Tonight and Wednesday's games look a little harder to predict. But let's have another shot at 10 from 10 just the same. I've mosty gone with form for these midweek games. BUT!!! You never know.

2-1 Brighton v Palace
Both teams are in is as much form as they will probably be all season. Brighton put in a good shift at Old Trafford. Hodgeson - although doing kind of OK at Palace - must be kicking himself over the Everton job. "Why didn't I wait a bit?"

1-1 Leicester v Spurs
Can't see SuperSpurs getting half-a-dozen tonight. Leicester have become a tougher nut to crack this season than last. Spurs are in danger of being out of contention for the EPL title IF Man City hit a dodgy patch. Since Eriksen's hat-trick for his country he has shown little.

2-1 Watford v Man Utd
There is little doubt that on their day Watford can roll over the big boys. Can they upset the red side of Manchester? On paper this looks a draw but I reckon The Hornets might win this one. I hope so anyway. The best Watford have ever done is runner-up. Utd have won the top-flight league enough times.

Mou was very honest in the after-match Brighton talk.

1-1 WBA v Newcastle
Two sad teams! I know WBA got a point at Wembley but that does not turn them from a poor team to a good one. Fortunatley for them Newcastle are even poorer. I'm on the fence!

2-0 Arsenal v Huddersfield
Good win for The Gunners against a very resiliant Burnley at the w/e. Huddersfield impressed somewhat in defeat. Arsenal are a tough team to get points from at home. Don't think Hudders have nearly enough.

1-1 Bournemouth v Burnley
Two unlikely teams holding their own in the EPL. A draw for me all evening long.

4-0 Chelsea v Swans
Chelski nicked a point at a vibrant Anfield at the w/e. Far too much in their locker against a club that could well be in the Championship next year. But not to worry you sheep/leek lovers; Cardiff on the way up to replace them.

1-2 Everton v WHU
Dear, dear, dear Toffees. You are rubbish! Worse than rubbish even. You are letting down the blue half of the greatest football city in England. If I was a Tickler fan I wouldn't get out of bed. Relegation candidates both; but David Moyes will sort out The Irons. Sorry Everton, but big games await you; Leeds, Forest, Villa. 

2-0 Man City v Saints
City will be overjoyed to have taken all thee points at the w/e. Saints like a bit of possession and are a stuborn team. Their four goals will buck them up no end.

1-2 Stoke v Liverpool
Stoke smashed 6 past The Reds a couple of years back. Liverpool could return the favour in this one. But I'll not let sentiment  get the better of me; so liverpool to just snatch it. On the same day that Liverpool were hit for six Man city were beating Saints 2-0.

I'm prepared for a shock or two tonight. When the game come up fast and furious there are always a couple. But what matches?

17 hours ago, evenstevens said:

you are all  B/S

now crawl back to your cave

So what are you doing, hanging from a tree somewhere!!   Doing another PG Tips advert?

Ever have anything of any substance to say about football?  Really, now is the time to post anything half literate as we are in a right slump.....

So, the latest disappointment....where to begin!

Sissoko, about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe...i quote!

Dele Alli should be benched.  Son has been far more effective recently.

Eriksen needs a rest, he's jaded.  With Lamela finally back now is the opportunity to do so.

The quality of crosses delivered by Rose and Aurier was utterly pathetic.  Right now i'd be delighted to sign Sessignon and off Rose.

Dier needs a reality check via a massive kick up the Arsenal.

Llorente couldn't score in a brothel right now.

In short, theres obviously not enough competition for places.  We need fresh legs.  Its not a crisis but theres clearly issues that need addressing.  All our attention in the league must be a top four place which realistically was our best hope this season because City are light years better than the rest.  Lets also continue our good run in the CL with a kind draw and have a really good crack at winning the FA cup

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

So, the latest disappointment....where to begin!

Sissoko, about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe...i quote!

Dele Alli should be benched.  Son has been far more effective recently.

Eriksen needs a rest, he's jaded.  With Lamela finally back now is the opportunity to do so.

The quality of crosses delivered by Rose and Aurier was utterly pathetic.  Right now i'd be delighted to sign Sessignon and off Rose.

Dier needs a reality check via a massive kick up the Arsenal.

Llorente couldn't score in a brothel right now.

In short, theres obviously not enough competition for places.  We need fresh legs.  Its not a crisis but theres clearly issues that need addressing.  All our attention in the league must be a top four place which realistically was our best hope this season because City are light years better than the rest.  Lets also continue our good run in the CL with a kind draw and have a really good crack at winning the FA cup

yes .....  very disappointing ...     if we had more players trying like Son has been lately we may do better.

The coach better start doing something before we slip to far ...  

The obvious ommission from my post is our desperate need for the return of Wanyama and Alderweirald who proved to be the rocks of our defense last season.  

And yes, theres a need for a planB,  It probably starts with the inclusion of Lamela and Son.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

The obvious ommission from my post is our desperate need for the return of Wanyama and Alderweirald who proved to be the rocks of our defense last season.  

And yes, theres a need for a planB,  It probably starts with the inclusion of Lamela and Son.

I wonder where we go from here in terms of these league games.

Almost every team is going to set up the same way against us now keeping it narrow and tight and stifling Erikson and Alli to prevent the service to Kane.

Without wingbacks who can cross a ball we are snookered.

Out on to the training ground this morning I hope!

43 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I wonder where we go from here in terms of these league games.

Almost every team is going to set up the same way against us now keeping it narrow and tight and stifling Erikson and Alli to prevent the service to Kane.

Without wingbacks who can cross a ball we are snookered.

Out on to the training ground this morning I hope!

Lamela's return is good news.  We've missed him this past year as he'd become a very important player for us.  We desperately need Wanyama though, i can even begin to remember how many times Dier lost possession.  Even Dembele was sloppy.  Can't see Barkley making any significance short term if we signed him.

I was desperately disappointed with Rose.  His crossing was dreadful.  However it looks very possible we will finally get our hands on Sessignon who is a fantastic prospect and maybe sell Rose for bundles that he's not worth.

It will be very interesting come this weekends away fixture at Watford, because that was a very impressive win by United as Watford are no pushovers.

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You might be right about rotation but is it a case of your team, which hasn't changed greatly for the past few seasons, become stale and needs freshening up?

Nah its got chilly and Christmas is here so the pay packet deflation has kicked in and some of those senior players are getting itchy feet.

called a  Spuds bottle at least two weeks back  .last 5 matchs= 3 losses..1 draw..1  win  total   4 miserable points

but you have the Caveman in  hiding,   and   The Troll  posting pure sh#t,  plus Pick The Dick , hanging onto their tattered coat tails:smile:

but do not despair ,recovery mode will be on the way,  before another Spuds Bottle arrives,  sadly  its just the Norm, poor souls

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You might be right about rotation but is it a case of your team, which hasn't changed greatly for the past few seasons, become stale and needs freshening up?

Its looking jaded, no doubt about that.  Fresh legs required to give certain players, Eriksen and Dele Alli in particular, a break.  We desperately need Wanyama and Alderweirald back too because Dier looks the same and is clocking up more mistakes as the fixtures go by.  

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

called a  Spuds bottle at least two weeks back  .last 5 matchs= 3 losses..1 draw..1  win  total   4 miserable points

but you have the Caveman in  hiding,   and   The Troll  posting pure sh#t,  plus Pick The Dick , hanging onto their tattered coat tails:smile:

but do not despair ,recovery mode will be on the way,  before another Spuds Bottle arrives,  sadly  its just the Norm, poor souls

Have you come up with a transfer window that Kane will be leaving by yet ?  Jan window, summer 2018, summer 2019, come on don't bottle it !  :passifier:

Just now, alfieconn said:

Have you come up with a transfer window that Kane will be leaving by yet ?  Jan window, summer 2018, summer 2019, come on don't bottle it !  :passifier:

Why engage the Chelsea threads pet chimp?  Just chuck him a banana.....

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Its looking jaded, no doubt about that.  Fresh legs required to give certain players, Eriksen and Dele Alli in particular, a break.  We desperately need Wanyama and Alderweirald back too because Dier looks the same and is clocking up more mistakes as the fixtures go by.  

Spurs remind me of City during Pellegrini's last season; first team picked itself, first teamers had been involved for a long time,  so the team/squad needed '"Pepping" up  (pun intended). 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/29/going-wrong-tottenham-needs-change-end-malaise 

just four points from their last five games

Spurs are actually only three points worse off than they were after 14 games this time last year, and have won exactly the same number of games, with seven.

Six wins, two draws and a loss from their first nine league games have been followed by one win, a draw and three defeats from their next five, as well as elimination from the Carabao Cup at the hands of West Ham.

An over-reliance on the big three: Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli.

Shot conversion rate: Spurs have been scoring around one in 20 shots over the past five games, compared to roughly one in seven before that

Missing Lamela

Full-backs: One of Tottenham's great strengths in recent years has been the rotation of their full-backs, but Pochettino has not been able to switch things up without affecting his team this season and the team has suffered.

The demise of Dembele

Other distractions: 

• Playing a strong team in Champions League games this season has meant huge success in finishing top of their group, but their domestic form has suffered. 
  • Wembley, where, despite the 'hoodoo' having now ended, Tottenham remain below their best and simply will never feel at home. They have only scored more than once there on one occasion in the league and with United, City and Arsenal all still to visit, problems at their temporary home could yet continue.

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/29/going-wrong-tottenham-needs-change-end-malaise 

just four points from their last five games

Spurs are actually only three points worse off than they were after 14 games this time last year, and have won exactly the same number of games, with seven.

Six wins, two draws and a loss from their first nine league games have been followed by one win, a draw and three defeats from their next five, as well as elimination from the Carabao Cup at the hands of West Ham.

An over-reliance on the big three: Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli.

Shot conversion rate: Spurs have been scoring around one in 20 shots over the past five games, compared to roughly one in seven before that

Missing Lamela

Full-backs: One of Tottenham's great strengths in recent years has been the rotation of their full-backs, but Pochettino has not been able to switch things up without affecting his team this season and the team has suffered.

The demise of Dembele

Other distraction s: 

• Playing a strong team in Champions League games this season has meant huge success in finishing top of their group, but their domestic form has suffered. 
  • Wembley, where, despite the 'hoodoo' having now ended, Tottenham remain below their best and simply will never feel at home. They have only scored more than once there on one occasion in the league and with United, City and Arsenal all still to visit, problems at their temporary home could yet continue.

Have to laugh at all these non-spurs people over analyzing out performances, we've played crap so far this season and we are 3 points worst off than last season and through to knock out of the champions league, wembley was never going to be our home this season, few injuries to key players, some players off form, but everything is cool at Spurs and no one is in panic mode and still nearly 2/3's of the season left to play. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Spurs remind me of City during Pellegrini's last season; first team picked itself, first teamers had been involved for a long time,  so the team/squad needed '"Pepping" up  (pun intended). 

Go away trigg, you haven't got a clue about Spurs, stick to your boring posts on the City thread.

• Haha 1