Tottenham Thread

chonabot

^^ or the 'boy prince' lamalla steps up and finally shows just how good we all think he can be..it would be  fitting stage.  i know its gonna happen. But its HARSH dropping gazza he's done nothing to warrent losing his place.. in fact ide say he's performed more than well enuf to keep the shirt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

oh dear... 30 mins in and looks like atm  barca are havin one of those nights ... still only 2 down . a quick goal can  òòooòhhh close

This one might hurt I feel.....and there is no one on the bench who can make a huge difference.

A miracle perhaps?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A couple in the summer wouldn't have.....we expected some and got none....what can we say?

A few less injuries would have helped.  you CANT say ericson and ali wouldnt have made a HUGE diference 2 ANY TEAM let alone us..  those last ? Mins gave me a glimpse of hope.. There was me cursing winks as a waste of space and <deleted>.... he steps up nice one kiddo .  wot can u say we lost to barca...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No complaints about our performance bar a couple of bad decisions by Lloris on his return....the team gave their all but were beaten by Messi at his very best.

Let's hope they play their B team in the last game. :w00t:

Thought it was poor by poch to bring him bac in this game   better to have waited.. as bringing wanyama bac as the solo middie holder should have been  2 ie him and dier  or dier and winks  but hey its easy to look bac

40 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Thought it was poor by poch to bring him bac in this game   better to have waited.. as bringing wanyama bac as the solo middie holder should have been  2 ie him and dier  or dier and winks  but hey its easy to look bac

Gazza is clearly the future but this was a huge game....i was disappointed we didn't bring on Skippy but again same thing.

When Lionel Messi plays like that you are not going to get anything from the game.  Spurs can have no complaints and i think we showed a lot of spirit and commitment in the face of a Messi masterclass.  What a player he is.  I've never seen better.  Just a phenomenal player, peerless.

What this game did highlight to me was the significance of five minutes stupidity in Milan.  You don't get away with that at this level.

Plus points for me center around a very good display by Harry Winks and clear signs Kane is back to his best.

Nice to see Oliver Skipp on the bench and a bold selection by Poch but was he really going to send on a 17yo from the academy to face Messi in that kind of form?!

For what its worth i think Poch got his selection right considering what he had left to choose from but with Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Dele all out it was always going to be a tough one.  I don't know about anyone else but i'm getting fed up with Lloris' little eccentricities.  Especially as he seems to save them for the big games.  I also thought Gazziniga deserved to keep his place.

Bad news is that Luke Amos had done his cruciate ligament and will have surgery next week.  Have to feel for the lad as he was just breaking through to the first team and thats him now done for the season.

Interesting reading some of the reports on last nights game.  A number of journalists saying that Messi took it to a different level and that was the best they had ever seen him play.  I would go along with that.

Its not often you see your team beaten, fair and square yet you have to concede to greatness.

I thought we played rather well too and showed terrific fight.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Interesting reading some of the reports on last nights game.  A number of journalists saying that Messi took it to a different level and that was the best they had ever seen him play.  I would go along with that.

Its not often you see your team beaten, fair and square yet you have to concede to greatness.

I thought we played rather well too and showed terrace fight.

Nice touch to see the Spurs fans applaud him off. 

Sometimes, as you say you have to appreciate what you’ve just witnessed from a footballing genius. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm sorry but these must be journalists who rarely see Messi in La Liga. He offers performances like that frequently.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

That second half was a fine battle and Winks just upped his game several notches to keep up with them.

What a talent he is going to be for us!

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That second half was a fine battle and Winks just upped his game several notches to keep up with them.

Yeah.. but it was only for the last 20 plus ish when dier came on and poch reshaped with sissoko filling on the rhs of mid did he step it up.. until then winks and wanyama  were poor in my humble opinion..almost invisible..

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What a pity that you weren't good enough to get Grealish. ????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

What a pity that you weren't good enough to get Grealish. ????

Yeah apparently his transfer fee was just to expensive for us ! and  we'd struggle with his wages after all conpeting  in the champions league and only attracting 80000 through the turnstill   just aint very attractive  for players and  money well  its a REAL problem  especially when your competing with a MIGHTY championship club..

• Haha 1

I suppose we should start getting worried about our manager,  being as there is going to be a high profile vacancy coming up soon.  Pochettino is a perfect fit for United, and i would imagine, baring in mind our injury crisis, he's still fuming about the last transfer window.

There's  a lot of crap posted on these football  forums by always the same people  (tend to be spurs fans coincidentally) calling posts or posters trolls. It's  a football forum for Christ's  sake, we have wildly differing opinions about sport, i think Beckham was only a decent football  who got by on his looks but others think he's  world class. Get over it and quit with name calling on here and crying  troll every 5 minutes and grow a pair. Rant over.

Ps. You're  all trolls and im not 555 ????

• Thanks 1

More off-topic troll posts, argumentative posts, baiting and flaming posts have been removed from this thread.

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's  a football forum for Christ's  sake, we have wildly differing opinions about sport, i think Beckham was only a decent football  who got by on his looks but others think he's  world class. Get over it and quit with name calling on here and crying  troll every 5 minutes and grow a pair.

Exactly!

Feel free to have your disagreements, but please desist with the personal attacks and baiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beckham was world class. He just happened to be overshadowed by players of the same era and club who were either even better (Scholes + Ronaldo) or gave more service to the club (Giggs).

To say he got by on his good looks is ubsurd. Go back and watch any late 90s / early Noughties United game. He was so important. If anything his super celeb status has made people think he wasn't a world class footballer.

Oh how we could do with his deliveries into the box now!

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Beckham was world class. He just happened to be overshadowed by players of the same era and club who were either even better (Scholes + Ronaldo) or gave more service to the club (Giggs).

To say he got by on his good looks is ubsurd. Go back and watch any late 90s / early Noughties United game. He was so important. If anything his super celeb status has made people think he wasn't a world class footballer.

Oh how we could do with his deliveries into the box now!

He was peerless in crossing the ball and free kicks but there wasn't a lot else. Couldn't dribble, couldn't head the ball, can't remember him for his tackling or being able to run at players and beat them.  He was simply a magnificent crosser of the ball, took a great freakish and was a model professional.

Does that make him world class?  I'm not sure it does.

Beckham world claas, no way. He was a very decent footballer only. Had he looked like Plug, sorry team mate  Luke Chadwick, he would not have had so much attention, and with attention came more opportunities. Yes he could cross and strike a ball but he had no pace, he was soft and lacked aggression, and limited to wide position. World class no way. I'll  give you Scholes was world class  and i think underrated .

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

He was peerless in crossing the ball and free kicks but there wasn't a lot else. Couldn't dribble, couldn't head the ball, can't remember him for his tackling or being able to run at players and beat them.  He was simply a magnificent crosser of the ball, took a great freakish and was a model professional.

Does that make him world class?  I'm not sure it does.

The game against Greece.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Beckham world claas, no way. He was a very decent footballer only. Had he looked like Plug, sorry team mate  Luke Chadwick, he would not have had so much attention, and with attention came more opportunities. Yes he could cross and strike a ball but he had no pace, he was soft and lacked aggression, and limited to wide position. World class no way. I'll  give you Scholes was world class  and i think underrated .

Well look who has popped up on my feed!

Beckham was a game changer....no question and he was able to make the byline in his early days....the final ball was always sublime too.....a master of the art.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well look who has popped up on my feed!

Beckham was a game changer....no question and he was able to make the byline in his early days....the final ball was always sublime too.....a master of the art.

• Like 1