Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Unbelievable in here at the moment. Getting excuses in all nice and early, playing down your own chances, whilst at the same time the knives are nice and sharpened. You seem to have all the bases covered, except we can see right through it

On the basis of the two games last season and us having no new players I don't see it going much differently unless we get a serious chunk of luck.

That's how it is but don't think I won't be on your thread tomorrow if we win sunshine. :w00t:

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

What I'd like to see is a bizarre win with a bit of injustice sprinkled in. Nothing tastes worse than that kind of result.

The worst taste is someone throwing a beach ball onto the pitch and the match ball hitting it and going in. It's a GOAL. They restart and the ref blows for full time; 0-1 or 1-0.

Couldn't happen; could it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Cross the white line onto the pitch under any conditions injuries may incurr  Bob????????.

It.s  interesting . reading the posts from Totts supporters saying they are beaten before the whistle is blown.

All adds up to being serial chokers .

The bookies make City a comfortable favourite.

0-2 is the preferred scoreline.

Bookies have been known to get it wrong of course.

14 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

Cross the white line onto the pitch under any conditions injuries may incurr  Bob????????.

It.s  interesting . reading the posts from Totts supporters saying they are beaten before the whistle is blown.

All adds up to being serial chokers .

It’s all part of the banter.

You will see how much they are not too bothered about winning later if they win this evening. 

They are playing the Premiership Champions, it’s a massive game of course they want to win and will expect a performance to match 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

CARMINE: "Well Pep has finally held up his hands and admitted he was a disrespectful knot (sic) for his Harry kane team comments....maybe the City lads on here will now stop defending him for those stupid jibes!!!"

I've  had a good search and can't  see anywhere where Pep  "admitted" anything of the sort! He said he was wrong only. Somebody being a drama queen again.

Harry Kane team, Mo Salah team, Kevin de Bruyne team, etc, we all know what Pep meant.

Just now, owl sees all said:

The bookies make City a comfortable favourite.

0-2 is the preferred scoreline.

Bookies have been known to get it wrong of course.

I'm sure carmine and co are all banking that but there is no fun in that result. Been a while since a silly result happened and it is Monday night football the cold snap is also back so maybe a silly result is on the cards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm sure carmine and co are all banking that but there is no fun in that result. Been a while since a silly result happened and it is Monday night football the cold snap is also back so maybe a silly result is on the cards

yeah been a weekend of penalties , deflections and excellent individual goals ......and on a bobbly pitch anything is poss. 

Edited by Kadilo

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The teams are so, so close (23-21). The Spurs fans are worried about getting smashed and will take a fighting defeat. They should be more confident IMO. City supporters, on the other hand, expect to win.

If that is how the clubs see things, other than the TVForum fans,  then I reckon City will win.

I've never been one for fence sitting so I say; let the best team on the night get their rewards.

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, Kadilo said:

It’s all part of the banter.

You will see how much they are not too bothered about winning later if they win this evening. 

They are playing the Premiership Champions, it’s a massive game of course they want to win and will expect a performance to match 

Too scared to believe. Offsets the disappointment and prepares them for the outcome I guess. Even at 3 nil down to Milan in the CL final I did not believe it was over. My younger brother was going mental at me at the time, youngsters eh!

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Even at 3 nil down to Milan in the CL final I did not believe it was over. My younger brother was going mental at me at the time, youngsters eh!

Gerrard had a rollicking at HT. It worked a treat.

Can't do anything like that with the foreign players now-a-days. They will sulk and sulk and more sulk. Then moan about how hard done by they are on twitter or fb,, et al.

Edited by owl sees all

42 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The teams are so, so close (23-21). The Spurs fans are worried about getting smashed and will take a fighting defeat. They should be more confident IMO. City supporters, on the other hand, expect to win.

If that is how the clubs see things, other than the TVForum fans,  then I reckon City will win.

I've never been one for fence sitting so I say; let the best team on the night get their rewards.

Sorry to disagree but that's not correct. It's a game of two teams with little between them THIS season and I've been watching football and City long enough to know a game can go either way in a second. If we played this game ten times I'd expect City to win more than we lose but I'd also expect to lose a game or more.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry to disagree but that's not correct. It's a game of two teams with little between them THIS season and I've been watching football and City long enough to know a game can go either way in a second. If we played this game ten times I'd expect City to win more than we lose but I'd also expect to lose a game or more.

Well you should be full of confidence BB.

City are one of the best teams that have EVER played in England. They have yet to conquer Europe but we are talking Premier L.

After Spurs have settled into their new home at WHL (although i'm not sure it will be referred to as that any more) they could be a team to be feared. In the meantime any good team can raise their game at Wembley.

City for me in this one.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Well you should be full of confidence BB.

City are one of the best teams that have EVER played in England. They have yet to conquer Europe but we are talking Premier L.

After Spurs have settled into their new home at WHL (although i'm not sure it will be referred to as that any more) they could be a team to be feared. In the meantime any good team can raise their game at Wembley.

City for me in this one.

yeah atm they are approaching the best since the  prem lge started , still dont think they are quite up there with that liverpool team of the v late 70's / 80's ,,, considering the time they were TRULY on a diferent planet   and spurs are v capable of beating man city tonight,, i'de like a win but to say i aint that bothered would be ott BUT more important  is  both teams go for the win and there's a good competetive game,, 

• Like 1